Gerrard's record at Hibs, Hearts Aberdeen and Kilmarnock

7 hours ago, Jeffrey said:

Hibs- Played 4 won 1

Hearts- Played 5 won 2

Aberdeen- Played 5 won 2

Kilmarnock- Played 6 won 2

A disgrace

Agreed . A few players of ours have played in all of those games . And that may tell you about another problem we have . We have very few or little winners 

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Gogzy referred to Clancy's statement a month or so ago regarding the ref's knowing what's at stake (10-In-A-Row)

I'll go with one of my own, from the cretins in charge of us' message to the supporters in a statement at the start of the summer ...

"rest assured, we won't be found wanting" 🙄

The club have showing zero appetite to challenge officials and the SPFL. 

It's why decisions like yesterday will continue on. 

It shouldn't be difficult to question an offside call or a potential red card post match.

Just now, British_Empire said:

Gogzy referred to Clancy's statement a month or so ago regarding the ref's knowing what's at stake (10-In-A-Row)

I'll go with one of my own, from the cretins in charge of us' message to the supporters in a statement at the start of the summer ...

"rest assured, we won't be found wanting" 🙄

Exactly, that is what they put in writing in a statement and we have seen nothing since.

I know many say oh you cannot say anything about Refs/Linesmen or you get done by the SFA, well maybe we need to say fuck you this is how it is it is wrong and we have had enough, you fine us and we will take you on with evidence you cannot deny and it would be spoken about every day and brought into the forefront of what is going on in our game. Unfortunately it will never happen and that in itself makes you bloody angry.  

Gerrard is an ex player with less managerial experience than McCoist had when he took over us. 

he’s learning his trade with us which means we have to suffer his mistakes until he becomes good or realises he’s not cut out for management. The board should have known that we can’t afford to be a learning base for someone like that and went for an experienced manager. 

some still think it was a genius move rather than see it for what it was - PR from and for the board. 

1 minute ago, BlueKnight87 said:

The club have showing zero appetite to challenge officials and the SPFL. 

It's why decisions like yesterday will continue on. 

It shouldn't be difficult to question an offside call or a potential red card post match.

👏

Bang on, but they are appeasers and will never do anything. 

6 hours ago, TMB said:

Beale addressed this during the second half of last season.  The counter pressing 4-3-3 we've been using the last 2 seasons is an excellent system as we've seen in Europe but it's not as effective domestically.  Domestically the oppositions first pass is often a punt the length of the part which nullifies the advantages of a high pressing system.  Games are also refereed to a different standard domestically and in Europe.  Domestically the football is allowed to be far more physical and Gerrard was targeting very technical players.  This summer he's changed the system to a 4-2-3-1 so we're more attacking and hopefully it'll help us break teams down more.  He's also brought in more physical players in Itten, Bassey, and Balogun.  I think he'll look to add more physicality and fight to the centre of the midfield before the window shuts.

The management team are aware of what's happened in the past and have made moves to correct that.  They're not standing still.  I know many are calling for Gerrard to be sacked but that would be a monumental mistake.  It would sent this club in to free fall again.  We need to give Gerrard this season and see if the 4-2-3-1 pays off.  celtic have switched to a 3-5-2 and that looks to be a step backwards so I don't think they'll be as good as previous seasons either.

The league is gone if we sack him for me . We have made our bed , we need to lie in it . He was brought here to stop their run . Maybe he doesn't even care about that run anyway. Either way i wan't him to see this season out . If we lose , he goes being a complete failure . And at present , that is what he has been . And the players he trusts .Are mainly the ones that continually let us down . Or aren't good enough to make us winners again 

4 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Gerrard is an ex player with less managerial experience than McCoist had when he took over us. 

he’s learning his trade with us which means we have to suffer his mistakes until he becomes good or realises he’s not cut out for management. The board should have known that we can’t afford to be a learning base for someone like that and went for an experienced manager. 

some still think it was a genius move rather than see it for what it was - PR from and for the board. 

Thing is he improved us quickly, has done great in Europe and I personally think we play attractive football.

I think its a mentality thing(manager included) and I really have my concerns that he overhypes away games like yesterday instead of going there and sweeping them aside.

2 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Thing is he improved us quickly, has done great in Europe and I personally think we play attractive football.

I think its a mentality thing(manager included) and I really have my concerns that he overhypes away games like yesterday instead of going there and sweeping them aside.

What would you say could be done different though? Another day we hit 5 or 6, made plenty of really clear chances against them that should have been buried. 

The Morelos header for instance, why is he missing that? 

10 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Exactly, that is what they put in writing in a statement and we have seen nothing since.

I know many say oh you cannot say anything about Refs/Linesmen or you get done by the SFA, well maybe we need to say fuck you this is how it is it is wrong and we have had enough, you fine us and we will take you on with evidence you cannot deny and it would be spoken about every day and brought into the forefront of what is going on in our game. Unfortunately it will never happen and that in itself makes you bloody angry.  

21 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

It is time Rangers see we fans are far from happy about their appeasement to the SFA, surely SG and all his background staff can see what we see every week, we get done by refs/linesmen and the other lot get points because of how they are refereed.

I try and stay as calm as I can about these things but this weekend once again has proved that they get decisions 'for them' and we get decisions 'against us'. Where is the great statement 'we will not be found wanting' it was obviously bullshit and my dislike for those running us is getting stronger by the day. Wankers. 

I know we should have scored enough goals to win yesterday but when games are tight an off side like that can be the difference of 0, 1 or 3 points.   

Really sick of how we are being fucked up without any fight from the board. 

You always use a calmer aproach than me when you went your anger about our board . Noticed you are getting angrier every day mate . Watch now or you may have someone on your case .

By the end of this season . All i see is carnage sadly . And these players still being around under the next manager or even SG again . He is not learning domestically . He simply isn't 

Just now, Dennis Reynolds said:

What would you say could be done different though? Another day we hit 5 or 6, made plenty of really clear chances against them that should have been buried. 

The Morelos header for instance, why is he missing that? 

Well my point there is the players could be too fired up/anxious to score they fuck up where they wouldn't normally.

He always gives theses types of games the big build up and our record is poor.

Tbh thats just a theory and it's no excuse for the players morelos miss was unacceptable and if he had scored we would have probably won comfortably.

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Their whole backline yesterday was on yellow cards and we didn't put them under any real pressure to commit to fouls and potentially get sent off, the nicely nicey approach gets us nowhere. 

As soon as we went 2-1 up . Our physical players should have been in their faces . They just backed off as per and let Hivs back into it . 

6 hours ago, eskbankloyal said:

We’ve dropped points from winning positions 12 times under Gerrard. Only one less than Smith’s entire second spell at the club in roughly half the games 

Similarly, games where we've gone behind first under Gerrard:

17 league games
2 league cup games
3 Scottish cup games

The number of times we've managed to come back and win out of those 22 games?

Five

Just now, Supersonic said:

17 league games
2 league cup games
3 Scottish cup games

Five

equally disgraceful . That is not a stat that belongs to this football club in 2020 

5 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

17 league games
2 league cup games
3 Scottish cup games

Five

That's brutal as they have went behind twice in the space of a week and ended up winning.

6 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

17 league games
2 league cup games
3 Scottish cup games

Five

I honestly couldn’t remember any of those games we won.

Rapid at home and just that 

I've just seen Esk's post quoted about not winning games from winning positions.

That's an appalling stat. 

It's evidence if ever needed that he's not learning his lessons.

Similar to the season being called last season, the officials display of cheating yesterday is one of the best things that's happened to Gerrard as it gives him/us an excuse and an out and deflects again from a continuation. 

I've been consistent saying I'm on the fence if Gerrard should stay or go, but that stat showing our game management and no lessons being learned is actually making me reconsider this. Minute the taigs start opening up a gap, I can see myself being a lot more vocal. 

This season has disaster written all over it when you consider the money we've spent.

11 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Speaks volumes doesn't it?

Speaks to the mentality of the players that maybe getting a draw from being a goal down is an achievement rather than trying to win the game.

The annoying thing is that though the likes of Goldson etc can have errors on the whole we don't concede that much so its a team thing and possibly a managerial one as well with the management of subs in those games.

1 minute ago, gj923 said:

Speaks to the mentality of the players that maybe getting a draw from being a goal down is an achievement rather than trying to win the game.

The annoying thing is that though the likes of Goldson etc can have errors on the whole we don't concede that much so its a team thing and possibly a managerial one as well with the management of subs in those games.

His subs are baffling are best to be honest. A managerial rookie yes, but he's vastly experienced in football and knows when games need a bit of life put into them. Most of the time his subs are reactionary and too late in the game.

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

Well, there is just a bit. We were winning. If Hibs were going to score again then why didn't they score again and win the game? The facts are we were denied the right to defend a 2-1 lead. 

No we had a 2-1 lead which we couldn't defend, goldson seen to that, if we were denied the right to defend the lead then the ref would have chopped airfields goal off

Fact is hibs got a dodgy equaliser after some amateur defending, and we couldnt finish our many chances after that, 

32 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

17 league games
2 league cup games
3 Scottish cup games

Five

Fucking horrific that. Stats backing up the loser mentality of the entire management and squad.

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

Fucking horrific that. Stats backing up the loser mentality of the entire management and squad.

Those 22 games added to the 12 mentioned by esky make up almost a full season worth of games that show nothing but that! Throw in the fact we've only managed more than 5 league wins in a row under him once - when they'd already mathematically won it - and it's no surprise we're as fucked as we are. 

Archived