Jump to content

Gerrard's record at Hibs, Hearts Aberdeen and Kilmarnock


Recommended Posts

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

Because I want to know why you're interested in where I'm from :lol:

And Rodgers managed them that season as well but Lennon still won it. 

Because you were the one that said 'I love watching us throw away championship after championship' was that sarcasm? 

I get it. Aye, the great Lennon 'still won it' :lol: I didn't deny it anywhere, did I? Now how many games did he manage them and how far in front was he? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hibs- Played 4 won 1 Hearts- Played 5 won 2 Aberdeen- Played 5 won 2 Kilmarnock- Played 6 won 2 A disgrace

You're fucking deluded.

Lennon taking celtic backwards is a narrative I’ve seen a fair bit... Since the start of last season they’ve won 32 out of 37 league games.  we can’t win more than 4 on the bounce. 

Posted Images

Just now, King Jela said:

Because you were the one that said 'I love watching us throw away championship after championship' was that sarcasm? 

I get it. Aye, the great Lennon 'still won it' :lol: I didn't deny it anywhere, did I? Now how many games did he manage them and how far in front was he? 

Obviously it was sarcasm are you really that dense? 

And I'm not interested in how many games he managed, he still won a league and Cup double. 

Malkytfp1 likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

Obviously it was sarcasm are you really that dense? 

And I'm not interested in how many games he managed, he still won a league and Cup double. 

It was hard to tell tbh. I don't know you. I know you're no keen on the team, from a vast majority celtic town and 'sarcastically' posted, yourself, you like seeing us fuck it. 🤷‍♂️ mistakes happen, I suppose. 

I was interested in how many games he managed because if I didn't have prior knowledge and going by your posts I'd be thinking that Lennon was the sole reason they won the league that year. Like I was listening to a Lennon fan bhoy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Tarriers wouldn’t hide it, and wouldn’t have knives out, they’d just laugh.

You and me both know you meant Rangers fans though x

Tarriers aren't hiding it, pal :lol: 

You can think what you want 👍 no interest to me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, TMB said:

At this point it seems many on here are desperate for Gerrard and his backroom staff to be sacked.  But, who comes in?  We struggled to find a manager before has that now changed?  If it has changed isn't that down to the stability, improvement in the playing squad, and European results Gerrard has brought us?  Just when we've closed the gap in squad quality and the two Old Firm teams look as even as they have done in about a decade we've to can the manager and start all over again.  Bizarre. 

That always annoys me. "There is nobody else so stick with the shite we have".

European runs deserve credit. They have improved. I actually feel more confident playing a decent European side away than Hamilton at home. And that's part of the problem. And yes, Gerrard has brought in better players....But on a gigantic budget compared to his predecessors. He has also wasted millions on flops.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TMB said:

Beale addressed this during the second half of last season.  The counter pressing 4-3-3 we've been using the last 2 seasons is an excellent system as we've seen in Europe but it's not as effective domestically.  Domestically the oppositions first pass is often a punt the length of the part which nullifies the advantages of a high pressing system.  Games are also refereed to a different standard domestically and in Europe.  Domestically the football is allowed to be far more physical and Gerrard was targeting very technical players.  This summer he's changed the system to a 4-2-3-1 so we're more attacking and hopefully it'll help us break teams down more.  He's also brought in more physical players in Itten, Bassey, and Balogun.  I think he'll look to add more physicality and fight to the centre of the midfield before the window shuts.

The management team are aware of what's happened in the past and have made moves to correct that.  They're not standing still.  I know many are calling for Gerrard to be sacked but that would be a monumental mistake.  It would sent this club in to free fall again.  We need to give Gerrard this season and see if the 4-2-3-1 pays off.  celtic have switched to a 3-5-2 and that looks to be a step backwards so I don't think they'll be as good as previous seasons either.

Fuck up. Beale has addressed fuck all bar his Spanish posts on twitter. Another diddy sitting with an earpiece in overthinking the simple game of football

BridgeIsBlue likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, King Jela said:

It was hard to tell tbh. I don't know you. I know you're no keen on the team, from a vast majority celtic town and 'sarcastically' posted, yourself, you like seeing us fuck it. 🤷‍♂️ mistakes happen, I suppose. 

I was interested in how many games he managed because if I didn't have prior knowledge and going by your posts I'd be thinking that Lennon was the sole reason they won the league that year. Like I was listening to a Lennon fan bhoy. 

We were still in with a chance until we lost the game at the piggery 2-1,winning that would've cut the gap to 5 points with 7 games including the final old firm game at Ibrox remaining. 

Posting facts now makes you a tarrier seemingly :lol:

Malkytfp1 likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

All well and good saying aw aye but cellic are shite away anol. 
 

When was the last time cellic lost a game at home to shite like Hamilton or drew wae Aberdeen or that? 
 

All well and good comparing both shite away records to make out like everythings ok but it’s at home as well. 
 

Taking all that out and it’s the EXACT same pattern as the past 2 seasons. Win 4, beat the tarriers and shite the bed at Killie. That’s exactly the scenario we face from now till November 

BridgeIsBlue and Malkytfp1 like this
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

We were still in with a chance until we lost the game at the piggery 2-1,winning that would've cut the gap to 5 points with 7 games including the final old firm game at Ibrox remaining. 

Posting facts now makes you a tarrier seemingly :lol:

Are you quoting me by accident? I never asked you about any old firm game at the piggery. 

Random facts to be making, who called you a tarrier? 

Such a sensitive guy ffs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Iakona said:

Walter Smiths record away to Hibs, Hearts, Dundee Utd and Aberdeen in 07/08 and 08/09

Dundee: Played 4 - Won 1

Aberdeen: Played 4 - Won 0

Hibs: Played 6 - Won 3

Hearts: Played 3 - Won 1

Canny be true man, surely no? That's Gerrard's fault, that. Clearly. 

Iakona likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Iakona said:

Walter Smiths record away to Hibs, Hearts, Dundee Utd and Aberdeen in 07/08 and 08/09

Dundee: Played 4 - Won 1

Aberdeen: Played 4 - Won 0

Hibs: Played 6 - Won 3

Hearts: Played 3 - Won 1

:lol:

Canny beat it

This is up there with "its the defence" in March whilst we're sat on the same Goals Against as the galacticos and 40 goals behind in the Goals For column :lol: 

Iakona and SIRB_72 like this
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Are you quoting me by accident? I never asked you about any old firm game at the piggery. 

Random facts to be making, who called you a tarrier? 

Such a sensitive guy ffs.

Showing you evidence that Lennon still had to win the title when he took over, wasn't already finished as you were suggesting earlier. 

And why bring up where I'm from in the first place, the fuck does that have to do with anything? :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Canny be true man, surely no? That's Gerrard's fault, that. Clearly. 

 

2 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

:lol:

Canny beat it

Mental isn't it.. It's almost like we don't have a god given right to go to these places and win all the time.

Getstiffed likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Showing you evidence that Lennon still had to win the title when he took over, wasn't already finished as you were suggesting earlier. 

And why bring up where I'm from in the first place, the fuck does that have to do with anything? :lol:

Where did I suggest it was finished? :lol: what the fuck are you talking about? Show me where you think I even implied that and I'll help you out with where you went wrong, pal. 

I asked you directly after your 'sarcastic' post. We actually already covered that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Iakona said:

Walter Smiths record away to Hibs, Hearts, Dundee Utd and Aberdeen in 07/08 and 08/09

Dundee: Played 4 - Won 1

Aberdeen: Played 4 - Won 0

Hibs: Played 6 - Won 3

Hearts: Played 3 - Won 1

Doesn't do much for you when we finished second 2007/2008 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Iakona said:

Walter Smiths record away to Hibs, Hearts, Dundee Utd and Aberdeen in 07/08 and 08/09

Dundee: Played 4 - Won 1

Aberdeen: Played 4 - Won 0

Hibs: Played 6 - Won 3

Hearts: Played 3 - Won 1

I remember similar criticisms of Smith's side at the time, there are a few contextual differences though. The main one is Smith has credit in the bank as a manager, experience and know-how.

Gerrard's side really needed to win a trophy last season - run them proper close and win a cup or two, I'd hoped if we didn't win the league outright then we would at least show this kind of progress. We failed spectacularly on this front. In 07/08 (ignoring all the strain of a run to the UEFA Cup final) we still won two cups and put up a huge fight for the title. In 19/20 we surrendered meekly in January. 

Malkytfp1 likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

All well and good saying aw aye but cellic are shite away anol. 
 

When was the last time cellic lost a game at home to shite like Hamilton or drew wae Aberdeen or that? 
 

All well and good comparing both shite away records to make out like everythings ok but it’s at home as well. 
 

Taking all that out and it’s the EXACT same pattern as the past 2 seasons. Win 4, beat the tarriers and shite the bed at Killie. That’s exactly the scenario we face from now till November 

We have won all our home games this season.... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Upcoming Events

    • 29 October 2020 20:00 Until 22:00
      0  
      Rangers v Lech Poznan
      Ibrox Stadium
      Europa League

×
×
  • Create New...