Gerrard's record at Hibs, Hearts Aberdeen and Kilmarnock

3 minutes ago, TMB said:

The gap has now closed and both squads look similar in terms of ability.  But just two years ago, when Gerrard arrived, the gulf was massive.  we were taking 4-0 and 5-0 defeats to celtic.  

Yes, the Old Firm teams spend a lot more than everyone else that's why both teams currently top of the league table and will be for the rest of the season.  It's a two horse race again.

exactly.

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, King Jela said:

I never implied the league was wrapped up at all :lol: absolutely mental.

How many games did he manage and how many points in front was he, to you, is an 'implication' that the league was wrapped up. Holy fuck. 

He never done it himself, Rodgers built up the lead and Lennon took over. The posts I quoted you originally on this subject had no mention of Rodgers. 

8 point lead when he took over, we win the game at parkhead it's down to five points with seven games games remaining including the return game at Ibrox, he still had plenty of work to do to get them over the line. 

6 minutes ago, Iakona said:

Again, that wasn't my point. I'm not saying Gerrard is on the same level as Smith.

The topic is Gerrards record away to the bigger teams.. Everyone's slaughtering it when infact it's not any worse than Walter Smiths. We all know where Gerrard is failing... it's the games against Hamilton, Livingston etc. 

Failed to win only 3 times in over 10 games against Livi and Hamilton

21 minutes ago, Iakona said:

None of that matters here.. the crux of the matter is it's not easy to go these grounds and pick up wins. Even someone like Smith and all know how and experience struggled. Why are we expecting a rookie manager who arguably has a tougher job on his hands to do any better?

Gerrards issue is been dropping daft points to the likes of Hamilton. Not his away record against the "best of the rest"

Switching to the 4-2-3-1 and bringing in more attacking options is to help us break down 'the block'.  So we should be scoring more goals and breaking teams down with more ease.  I suspect the more conservative 4-3-3 will be used only in Europe and the Old Firm games.

Only time will tell and there's still some transfer activity to go.  

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

8 point lead when he took over, we win the game at parkhead it's down to five points with seven games games remaining including the return game at Ibrox, he still had plenty of work to do to get them over the line. 

Did I deny anywhere your man had work to do? Anywhere at all? 

What's 6 away from 8 btw? :lol:

8 minutes ago, Iakona said:

Again, that wasn't my point. I'm not saying Gerrard is on the same level as Smith.

The topic is Gerrards record away to the bigger teams.. Everyone's slaughtering it when infact it's not any worse than Walter Smiths. We all know where Gerrard is failing... it's the games against Hamilton, Livingston etc. 

Aye, but what I'm saying is that the context for both records matters.

For me, it's the games in which we're under pressure and need to deliver. The games that come when we're level with them on points, or briefly ahead of them with the opportunity to put pressure on. That could be Hamilton and Livingston, or it could be Kilmarnock and Hibs. The outcome is always the same, so far.

5 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Based on silverware won and his ability to make a side deal with pressure 

Ferencvaros and Cluj though eh...

He has won trophies in part because he works with a team who have undeniably mental weight in their favor which leads to the circumstance in which they win trophies. 

I am not at all invested into the idea of evidence to suggest he is a better manager than Gerrard. 

Archived