Gerrard Poll

BridgeIsBlue

Gerrard Poll  

394 members have voted

1. 1. Happy with things up until now?

2. 2. Has he done enough since the summer of 2018?

3. 3. When should he be sacked?

• Failure to qualify for EL
    • Fail to win the League Cup
    • League Championship
    • Scottish Cup
    • Sometime next season
  4. 4. Does 10 in a row matter to you?

5. 5. What age are you?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/09/20 at 17:00

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, gogzy said:

I'm really not that bothered about a record they might achieve when we weren't even there for half of it.

Thing is though, they've made even more history with us in the league. A treble treble (quadruple depending on whatever shite happens with the still to played cup) and one was even invincible. Let alone embarrassing us from pillar to post the entire time.

Sadly I can't envision us ever achieving anything like that, certainly not bettering it, in my lifetime.

No idea why people can’t grasp the fact that the draw with Hibs isn’t the problem, it’s the manner of the draw. 

Dropped points happen, the concern is that we’ve seen this exact same movie the past 3 seasons under Gerrard proving nothing has changed under him. We can’t grind out wins or bury the result beyond doubt when it really matters. 

Liverpool were very much a European stage club when Gerrard was there, hardly ever close to the domestic title until Gerrard’s latter years. It’s beginning to show in his management style 

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

No idea why people can’t grasp the fact that the draw with Hibs isn’t the problem, it’s the manner of the draw. 

Dropped points happen, the concern is that we’ve seen this exact same movie the past 3 seasons under Gerrard proving nothing has changed under him. We can’t grind out wins or bury the result beyond doubt when it really matters. 

Liverpool were very much a European stage club when Gerrard was there, hardly ever close to the domestic title until Gerrard’s latter years. It’s beginning to show in his management style 

I agree with this 100%. Of course I expect us to win every game we play but realistically that isn’t going to happen but what worries me is the manner of these dropped points. It just feels like we are watching the same game over and over again. Being battled off the park, struggling to break teams down, complete brain fart individual errors (usually from the same players). I don’t think sacking Gerrard achieves anything right now, but we are seeing the same thing over and over again and it’s tiresome as fuck.

I’m not happy if he fails to stop 10 in a row but he needs to keep doing well in Europe to further strengthen us financially.

Im an older bear but some people need to realise how weak we were as a club since our financial meltdown and relegation ,and the need for us to build our financial strength back to make a meaningful challenge.

2 hours ago, Allyup said:

I’m not happy if he fails to stop 10 in a row but he needs to keep doing well in Europe to further strengthen us financially.

Im an older bear but some people need to realise how weak we were as a club since our financial meltdown and relegation ,and the need for us to build our financial strength back to make a meaningful challenge.

Yip, let's keep getting into the group stages of the Europa league every year, while the taigy cunts hit 20 in a row.. Belt the fuck up! 

14 hours ago, a_staunch_prod said:

McLeish was a shite manager. The worst football I've ever seen was under McLeish. And he never won fuck all - every trophy he 'won' was gifted to him because other teams fucked up.

If you think Gerrard is a shite manager, you know nowt about football. We will never get a better one for the foreseeable and idiots like you want him gone. Jesus.  I despair.

And your Q3 doesn't even make sense.

Hahahahahaha

Walter Smith being used as a barometer. 

Walters last two seasons.

Won 30 Drew 3 Lost 5 - Champions 93 points - points per game 2.44

Won 26 Drew 9 Lost 3 - Champions 87 points - points per game 2.28

Gerrards two seasons.

Won 23 Drew 9 Lost 6 - Second 78 points - points per game 2.05

Won 21 Drew 4 Lost 4 - Season Incomplete 67 points - points per game 2.31

Despite a run of poorer form, Gerrards team was on track to equal Smiths points total when we were last Champions, and a return to better form would have taken him close to to the previous seasons total.

Season on season improvement...and early days this season, and we've no real way of telling yet if it's improvement again.

13 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Walter Smith being used as a barometer. 

Walters last two seasons.

Won 30 Drew 3 Lost 5 - Champions 93 points - points per game 2.44

Won 26 Drew 9 Lost 3 - Champions 87 points - points per game 2.28

Gerrards two seasons.

Won 23 Drew 9 Lost 6 - Second 78 points - points per game 2.05

Won 21 Drew 4 Lost 4 - Season Incomplete 67 points - points per game 2.31

Despite a run of poorer form, Gerrards team was on track to equal Smiths points total when we were last Champions, and a return to better form would have taken him close to to the previous seasons total.

Season on season improvement...and early days this season, and we've no real way of telling yet if it's improvement again.

We were shite, had to play the tarriers twice, struggling like fuck, no chance he was catching Smith’s total

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

Even if he did it's a mute point. The gap in standard between us and the rest is the highest it has ever been.

Not a single person would even dare to claim the scum side in 16-17 comes close to the MON scum side, yet the former were undefeated and had the highest points tally ever. 

Moot imo 

Good poll, but I didn’t vote as there weren’t enough options to cover my opinion. 
That said, it’s too early to write SG and this season off. 
I also agree with those that said we need to match the Mhanks on transfer and wages. There’s still a gap, but the success in Europe (as well as commercial revenues) has enabled us to get closer. I know money doesn’t guarantee success but makes it more likely. If SG delivers the title he will have done so ‘against the odds’. And I think that would be true for any other manager if we were to sack SG and his team. Maybe even harder since any compensation owed would surely come from transfer funding. 
It was never going to be a quick route to the top after 2012, but SG has us going in the right direction, albeit slower that what the fans want. 
I’m not happy to have dropped points against Livi or Hivs, but we need to see the season out, then see where we are. If we continue to progress, which I think we will, it’s only a matter of time. Given where we’ve come from, we need to be a bit more patient than we want to be and give a bit more time to get back on top than perhaps we have allowed in the past. 
And when we do, we stay there!!!!

Archived