Gerrard Poll

BridgeIsBlue

Gerrard Poll  

394 members have voted

1. 1. Happy with things up until now?

2. 2. Has he done enough since the summer of 2018?

3. 3. When should he be sacked?

• Failure to qualify for EL
    • Fail to win the League Cup
    • League Championship
    • Scottish Cup
    • Sometime next season
  4. 4. Does 10 in a row matter to you?

5. 5. What age are you?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/09/20 at 17:00

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Walter Smith being used as a barometer. 

Walters last two seasons.

Won 30 Drew 3 Lost 5 - Champions 93 points - points per game 2.44

Won 26 Drew 9 Lost 3 - Champions 87 points - points per game 2.28

Gerrards two seasons.

Won 23 Drew 9 Lost 6 - Second 78 points - points per game 2.05

Won 21 Drew 4 Lost 4 - Season Incomplete 67 points - points per game 2.31

Despite a run of poorer form, Gerrards team was on track to equal Smiths points total when we were last Champions, and a return to better form would have taken him close to to the previous seasons total.

Season on season improvement...and early days this season, and we've no real way of telling yet if it's improvement again.

We ended up 13 points behind and spiralling out of control last season.

Went from ultimate position of power being 2 points behind on January 1st with a game in hand at home to St Johnstone to:

• only managing 17 points of a possible 30
  • 8 points of the 30 available, we threw away from a winning position
  • scored only 11 goals in 10 league games
  • failed to win more than 1 game in a row in the league in 10 games

Add in all that shite from Gerrard, our captain and our £7m man crying in post match interviews about considering his position at the club / crying in the programme about crumbling when teams get in our faces / crying in post euro win interviews about the pressure to win domestically. Then that time our talisman decided to fuck off awol for a cup game!

2 games against the fenians, another away to aberdeen, another away to livi and fuck knows what else was left.

We were losing to fucking Haimilton at home at that point. Near enough 80% possession and over 30 shots at goal and still losing,

He's fucking lucky his second season was cancelled.

That second season was not improvement in the end.

33 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

We ended up 13 points behind and spiralling out of control last season.

Went from ultimate position of power being 2 points behind on January 1st with a game in hand at home to St Johnstone to:

• only managing 17 points of a possible 30
  • 8 points of the 30 available, we threw away from a winning position
  • scored only 11 goals in 10 league games
  • failed to win more than 1 game in a row in the league in 10 games

Add in all that shite from Gerrard, our captain and our £7m man crying in post match interviews about considering his position at the club / crying in the programme about crumbling when teams get in our faces / crying in post euro win interviews about the pressure to win domestically. Then that time our talisman decided to fuck off awol for a cup game!

2 games against the fenians, another away to aberdeen, another away to livi and fuck knows what else was left.

We were losing to fucking Haimilton at home at that point. Near enough 80% possession and over 30 shots at goal and still losing,

He's fucking lucky his second season was cancelled.

That second season was not improvement in the end.

Much of that is doomsday speculation, you've absolutely no idea how the rest of the season would have panned out and nearly all of us to a man were saying so when the season was stopped and then ultimately called.  There's multiple examples of teams (including us) finding a switch, turning form around and going on to win things.  All I've done is show some actual fact based statistics to show Gerrards team is heading in the right direction, and when compared to the last time we won the league, he's not far off.  Main difference between now and then is actually them....unfortunately.  Gerrard started from a point of being miles behind them, probably more so than they were behind us during the Souness/Smith years.

1 minute ago, coopsleftboot said:

Much of that is doomsday speculation, you've absolutely no idea how the rest of the season would have panned out and nearly all of us to a man were saying so when the season was stopped and then ultimately called.  There's multiple examples of teams (including us) finding a switch, turning form around and going on to win things.  All I've done is show some actual fact based statistics to show Gerrards team is heading in the right direction, and when compared to the last time we won the league, he's not far off.  Main difference between now and then is actually them....unfortunately.  Gerrard started from a point of being miles behind them, probably more so than they were behind us during the Souness/Smith years.

Do you think I just made those stats up?

The facts show we were spiralling. That cannot be debated.

5 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Do you think I just made those stats up?

The facts show we were spiralling. That cannot be debated.

You didn't.  I didn't either.  The bit after the factual stuff becomes speculation, exactly what we were all claiming when speculating was used to award them the title.  

Just now, esquire8 said:

Evidence for not turning it around far outweigh turning it around. No chance Gerrard and his cronies would've caught and overtook the tarriers.

He can be quoted as saying he had no idea how to prevent the first tynecastle disaster from happening again. 

It then literally happened again a mere 5 weeks later ffs :lol:

4 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Absolute pie in the sky stuff suggesting that we would have turned it around last season. :lol:

Think it’s easy to forget how bad we actually were pre covid. We would have finished about 20 points behind.

2 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

He can be quoted as saying he had no idea how to prevent the first tynecastle disaster from happening again. 

It then literally happened again a mere 5 weeks later ffs :lol:

Writing should've been on the wall after that Scottish Cup defeat. Looked like a man totally defeated. Saved by a board inept of making the tough choices and the season ending early.

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

Writing should've been on the wall after that Scottish Cup defeat. Looked like a man totally defeated. Saved by a board inept of making the tough choices and the season ending early.

He really, really needs to learn from his mistakes at this stage. This whole "we'll debrief, and move on" pish isn't working currently because the same shite keeps happening. He's got to realise this is it for him and his staff.

1 hour ago, coopsleftboot said:

Walter Smith being used as a barometer. 

Walters last two seasons.

Won 30 Drew 3 Lost 5 - Champions 93 points - points per game 2.44

Won 26 Drew 9 Lost 3 - Champions 87 points - points per game 2.28

Gerrards two seasons.

Won 23 Drew 9 Lost 6 - Second 78 points - points per game 2.05

Won 21 Drew 4 Lost 4 - Season Incomplete 67 points - points per game 2.31

Despite a run of poorer form, Gerrards team was on track to equal Smiths points total when we were last Champions, and a return to better form would have taken him close to to the previous seasons total.

Season on season improvement...and early days this season, and we've no real way of telling yet if it's improvement again.

Desperate

7 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Was only 6 months ago. Too many have too short memories. We were beyond diabolical.

Many are just too acceptable and easy pleased nowadays .It really makes you sad how far the Rangers support has fallen ,in terms of their demands 

You could post the same poll in a further 2 years ,with nothing won .And the same people would probably still be voting to keep him 😂🤔😞

2 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

He really, really needs to learn from his mistakes at this stage. This whole "we'll debrief, and move on" pish isn't working currently because the same shite keeps happening. He's got to realise this is it for him and his staff.

2 and a bit years of learning nothing. Next month/next year/next decade or so won't change that. How long do we keep going with "he needs to learn" excuse?

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Many are just too acceptable and easy pleased nowadays .It really makes you sad how far the Rangers support has fallen ,in terms of their demands 

You could post the same poll in a further 2 years ,with nothing won .And the same people would probably still be voting to keep him 😂🤔😞

Years of McCoists, Warburtons, Pedro's and Murtys have hoodwinked too much of support in thinking like this. Along with a board that accepts non-Rangers standards on a regular basis.

3 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Desperate

In all this thread, nobody, absolutely nobody has proposed how to overtake them.  I've already said and shown we're making progress, so much so that we remain close to reaching points totals that won us the leagues the last twice we did so.  This is from an on field and off field starting position that was miles behind and still remains, particularly off the field.  Do I wan't to throw the baby out with the bath water?  Not yet, I think it would set us back further than most realise. 

What's your well thought through and reasoned solution.  All I see is "get rid" with no real, tangible alternative offered.

2 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

In all this thread, nobody, absolutely nobody has proposed how to overtake them.  I've already said and shown we're making progress, so much so that we remain close to reaching points totals that won us the leagues the last twice we did so.  This is from an on field and off field starting position that was miles behind and still remains, particularly off the field.  Do I wan't to throw the baby out with the bath water?  Not yet, I think it would set us back further than most realise. 

What's your well thought through and reasoned solution.  All I see is "get rid" with no real, tangible alternative offered.

I disagree that we are making progress domestically. What you posted doesn't change my mind.

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Shit maybe we should just accept the likes of Walter Smith, Dick Advocaat and Alex McLeish had taken us beyond our clubs standards.

Maybe accept a 2nd place in the league and being in europe past christmas as our level now.

:stevieg:

It's nothing of the sort I'm saying.  It's like building a house on a floating sand foundation compared to bedrock, we know which one is more secure.  Walter, Dick and Eck had a greater foundation and the club was generally already ahead off the park.  Circumstances are entirely different and it's an unfair comparison.

But we do need to find a way.  If there is a manager out there that can come in, galvanise a reaction then go get him.  Know anyone?

4 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Aye, facts are a bugger eh?  

You declined to offer your well thought through and reasoned solution.  

Because I don't have the solution, never claimed to. All I know is that the current manager isn't working imo.

Since you like facts so much. 0 trophies from 6. 1 cup final in 2 seasons. Hasn't reached Hampden in the Scottish Cup.  All undeniable facts.

4 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Aye, facts are a bugger eh?  

You declined to offer your well thought through and reasoned solution.  

The solution is the same solution as it's always been everytime a manager at any club isn't good enough. Replace with better.

It was Andy Scoulding who first recommended Gerrard to higher ups at the club.

It's now part of Wilson's job as director of football to curate a list of candidates to replace Gerrard should the time come.

The time came and went but sadly we all know this board are only going to sack him when it's already past the point of no return. Not a minute before.

Archived