Gerrard Poll

BridgeIsBlue

Gerrard Poll  

394 members have voted

1. 1. Happy with things up until now?

2. 2. Has he done enough since the summer of 2018?

3. 3. When should he be sacked?

• Failure to qualify for EL
    • Fail to win the League Cup
    • League Championship
    • Scottish Cup
    • Sometime next season
  4. 4. Does 10 in a row matter to you?

5. 5. What age are you?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/09/20 at 17:00

3 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

So they've pretty much broke even then with the Dembele and Tierney sales? Our net spend must be huge in comparison

Aye, if only we had been starting with the same level of squad as them to have been able to do the same and not having to offload wages of Pena and Herrera and the likes.... 

They started off with a squad just wee bit stronger than ours when Gerrard arrived... I mean if you go for a net spend over a period of 5/6/7 years what then.... clubs do hold over legacy from previous business. 

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Aye, if only we had been starting with the same level of squad as them to have been able to do the same and not having to offload wages of Pena and Herrera and the likes.... 

They started off with a squad just wee bit stronger than ours when Gerrard arrived... 

OK.

2 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

We're trying to offload players we signed last summer and are still paying a fortune on two who are fast approaching 40.

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

We're trying to offload players we signed last summer and are still paying a fortune on two who are fast approaching 40.

I genuinely said meh allowed when I read this, what is your point sorry? And how is it relevant?

celtic sold players and assets like Dembele and Tierney from a squad who had been making the CL group stages, we were trying to offload the likes of Pena and Herrera having finished third and been fucked out by Progress. 

There is a clear chasm in those stories and the business conduct of both clubs. 

Just now, Dennis Reynolds said:

I genuinely said meh allowed when I read this, what is your point sorry? And how is it relevant?

celtic sold players and assets like Dembele and Tierney from a side who had been making the CL group stages, we were trying to offload the likes of Pena and Herrera having finished third and been fucked out by Progress. 

There is a clear chasm in those stories... 

You're talking about them when the 4 games in a league season aren't what's holding us back. 

What's our net spend compared to the likes of Aberdeen and Hibs? 

7 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

celtic sold players and assets like Dembele and Tierney from a side who had been making the CL group stages, we were trying to offload the likes of Pena and Herrera having finished third and been fucked out by Progress. 

There is a clear chasm in those stories... 

I genuinely said meh when I read you spelling "aloud" as "allowed"....... Actually I never, any adult that says "meh" should be in a special unit.

Remember that time you were banging in about reading as well? It was a Tuesday.

You've been bitching out on this topic for days against anyone saying anything negative about Gerrard. Makes sense when you signed up for the forum just weeks after yer man was appointed manager. 

1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I genuinely said meh when I read you spelling "aloud" as "allowed"....... Actually I never, any adult that says "meh" should be in a special unit.

Remember that time you were banging in about reading as well? It was a Tuesday.

You've been bitching out on this topic for days against anyone saying anything negative about Gerrard. Makes sense when you signed up for the forum just weeks after yer man was appointed manager. 

Gerrard joined us June this year did he aye. :sarcasm:

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Dropped 39 points against the sides which give us most bother, compared to 9 against selik. 

This is all about scrambled eggs to me mate, 

Across a season teams drop points, it happens, always has happened to Rangers, happened to us when the gap in spending was even far greater than it is now. 

This is all about scrambled eggs to me mate, 

Across a season teams drop points, it happens, always has happened to Rangers, happened to us when the gap in spending was even far greater than it is now. 

It happens more often to teams we should be wiping the floor with, that's the crux of the matter here. 

Games against selik haven't stopped us from winning the league in the past two seasons, it's the likes of Kilmarnock, Hibs, Aberdeen and Hearts, it's embarrassing. 

45 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

It happens more often to teams we should be wiping the floor with, that's the crux of the matter here. 

Games against selik haven't stopped us from winning the league in the past two seasons, it's the likes of Kilmarnock, Hibs, Aberdeen and Hearts, it's embarrassing. 

I haven't said games against celtic stop us winning the league... I am though saying higher spend typically equates to higher quality which will show over a longer period 

A league typically reflects that 

1 minute ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

higher spend typically equates to higher quality which will show over a longer period 

So why haven't we been able to beat the diddy mobs consistently enough then? 

Can't use that argument to twist it one way when it suits then ignore the other. 

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Can't use that argument to twist it one way when it suits then ignore the other. 

Exactly. Look at our spend difference between us and the likes of Kilmarnock, Hearts, Aberdeen, Hibs etc who Gerrard consistently fail against.

6 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Over the course of a season we generally do.. we were going an average of 2.31 points a game that suggest winning games consistently , we beat the diddy teams more often than not, taking it up to 2.5/6 will likely mean additional investment even if were to sack our manager. 

A massive element of the points total celtic can build is the quality of their playing squad which costs more than ours, that is generally how things work. 

Teams that win leagues tend to spend the most money. 

5 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Over the course of a season we generally do.. we were going an average of 2.31 points a game that suggest winning games consistently we beat the diddy teams more often than, taking it up to 2.5/6 will likely mean additional investment even if were to sack our manager. 

A massive element of the points total celtic can build is the quality of their playing squad which costs more than ours, that is generally how things work. 

Teams that win leagues tend to spend the most money. 

Over the course of Gerrard's tenure, we generally haven't. Never mind your points per game and all that shite, we are failing against the same teams consistently....Teams where our budget far outweighs theirs putting an end to that shite.

Hibs- Played 4 won 1

Hearts- Played 5 won 2

Aberdeen- Played 5 won 2

Kilmarnock- Played 6 won 2

That's 30 points dropped in total from those teams alone over the course.

That stat shows more than points per game.

2 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Over the course of a season we generally do.. we were going an average of 2.31 points a game that suggest winning games consistently we beat the diddy teams more often than, taking it up to 2.5/6 will likely mean additional investment even if were to sack our manager. 

This calendar year we haven't been able to win more than 3 games in a row. 

First half of last season the most we managed was 5.

18/19 was 6.

That isn't consistent. 

Just now, Malkytfp1 said:

Over the course of Gerrard's tenure, we generally haven't. Never mind your points per game and all that shite, we are failing against the same teams consistently....Teams where our budget far outweighs theirs putting an end to that shite.

Hibs- Played 4 won 1

Hearts- Played 5 won 2

Aberdeen- Played 5 won 2

Kilmarnock- Played 6 won 2

That stat shows more than points per game.

nae offence, after the pish you speak I can't be arsed getting in a debate with you, cheers though

nae offence, after the pish you speak I can't be arsed getting in a debate with you, cheers though

Naw you've just no answer for it mate. You can be a wee prick to posters all you want, but don't spout shit when you canny take it back kid.

Archived