Gerrard Poll

BridgeIsBlue

Gerrard Poll  

394 members have voted

1. 1. Happy with things up until now?

2. 2. Has he done enough since the summer of 2018?

3. 3. When should he be sacked?

• Failure to qualify for EL
    • Fail to win the League Cup
    • League Championship
    • Scottish Cup
    • Sometime next season
  4. 4. Does 10 in a row matter to you?

5. 5. What age are you?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/09/20 at 17:00

6 minutes ago, Rambo1872 said:

Agree but also realise if he goes so does the backroom staff and then with our finances we will be even further behind the beasts. 2012 repercussions will last for many more years to come imho, if we dont win this year and stop the tainted 10iar i suspect a large portion of the support will give up on it. Especially as we seem to be heading down the road of who has most spare cash to spend to get away games and european games etc coming into play. 

Even accounting for the change in finance that is likely going to hit fans there is very little to suggest fans are going to be in any rush to give up on the club.... people were attending games against Berwick....it's the Rangers part most support. 

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not happy as we should have won at least a cup in his time here and results against lesser teams just isn't good enough, such as that double defeat to Hearts.

The league is all that matters to me, we need to be winning it and he shouldn't get longer than this time to win it, normally I don't think he should even have has as long as he has had.

Understand about wanting more 'options' in this poll, but this gives us a snap shot of what we think today on where we are regarding SG, I think he is a nice guy as a person, but really wondering now if he will ever be a successful manager wherever he might be.

Would still love for him to prove me wrong this season.

I am rather annoyed that I am on old cunt now. ☹️  :lol:

20 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Sack everyone, including the fans 😂

We are winning nothing this season if the fans are going to agitate for change. Every time we drop points someone is calling for Gerrard to go now. This is ridiculous.

Aye it's the fans who are making us drop points :lol: 

Given he was a few results from sacking last season and the board have told him he has to qualify for groups again this season (as stated by Gerrard) if he fails yet another task set him he should be out. I'm sure plenty will disagree but why keep giving chance after chance to fail again and again? 

• 56% win rate away from home in the league.
  • 12 games we've been winning and dropped points in the league.
  • 5 games in 22 we've conceded a goal first and came back and won (domestically).
  • Struggling against the exact same teams, year in, year out.
  • Failed to reach even Hampden in both attempts at the Scottish Cup.
  • Hasn't won the League cup either although at least made the final I guess.
  • Not many excuses for me given the immense backing he's had - well over £20m on fees alone on what, 35+ players now?
  • Europe's cool but domestically he's truly a massive failure and he only has himself and his staff to blame.

This season is only going one way and we've seen the evidence already nothing has changed. Why allow it to go to the point the damage is completely irreversible?

A poll set up by a guy that's hated Gerrard since he walked through the door with a question set he hopes will demonstrate he's right to hate.  Stupid.

It doesn't matter which manager you get in, Bielsa, Guardiola, Klopp, Mourinho or Walter Smith....until you get close to funding your team to the same extent as those you're in competition with, then you're going to be second favourite every time.  And every time you change your manager it's likely to cost you more and you fall further behind. 

At some point you have to take stock, recognise where you are and what you've got, and use that to establish if it's worth continuing.  We're miles ahead in virtually all areas than we were two full seasons ago.  Unfortunately, so are they....

Other than a large cash injection and a dose of good fortune I'm not sure what the answer is.  Can another man get lucky with a change of approach with the current lot?  Do we sell our saleable assets and aim at lower value projects and "hope"!?  Who knows, but doing that it's as likely to take us backwards than forwards, and if it goes backwards, we don't have the money to buy proven quality...we just don't have the money.

I'm not scunnered (yet), and I do see an upward trajectory.  Fast enough?  Perhaps not, but short of a huge funding inject I'm not sure what else can be done to accelerate it.

2 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

A poll set up by a guy that's hated Gerrard since he walked through the door with a question set he hopes will demonstrate he's right to hate.  Stupid.

It doesn't matter which manager you get in, Bielsa, Guardiola, Klopp, Mourinho or Walter Smith....until you get close to funding your team to the same extent as those you're in competition with, then you're going to be second favourite every time.  And every time you change your manager it's likely to cost you more and you fall further behind. 

At some point you have to take stock, recognise where you are and what you've got, and use that to establish if it's worth continuing.  We're miles ahead in virtually all areas than we were two full seasons ago.  Unfortunately, so are they....

Other than a large cash injection and a dose of good fortune I'm not sure what the answer is.  Can another man get lucky with a change of approach with the current lot?  Do we sell our saleable assets and aim at lower value projects and "hope"!?  Who knows, but doing that it's as likely to take us backwards than forwards, and if it goes backwards, we don't have the money to buy proven quality...we just don't have the money.

I'm not scunnered (yet), and I do see an upward trajectory.  Fast enough?  Perhaps not, but short of a huge funding inject I'm not sure what else can be done to accelerate it.

Sick of hearing this cash injection argument now. The management have spent in the region of £30m. We match cellic in just about every game we play now. If you had to ask this forum who had the better starting 11 the majority of this forum would say we have a better starting 11 of 7-8 players than them. 

We have good players, very good players and exceptional players more than capable enough to win a league title in Scotland. They aren’t any better than us in that respect. 

By your analogy because we have the second biggest budget we should be pissing over everyone third to last, that isn’t happening and that is the problem

5 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

By your analogy because we have the second biggest budget we should be pissing over everyone third to last, that isn’t happening and that is the problem

We were 21 points clear of the team behind us last season having played a game less... going an average of 2.3 points a game compared to their 1.53

That is a massive difference in points collected over the course of a season which shows a far greater indicator of where we are compared to the other sides in the league 

1 minute ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

We were 21 points clear of the team behind us last season... going an average of 2.3 points a game compared to their 1.53

That is a massive difference in points collected over the course of a season

Throw as many stats as you want about mate, some of them are horrendous reading. 

the stat that has mattered for the past 3 seasons in May or whenever the league gets called is this :

1- Tarriers

2- Rangers

8 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Lot a shite. We have about £30m spent. They haven't spent too much more. That sqaud should be able to consistently beat Kilmarnock, Hamilton, hearts etc.

If you changed his name from Steven Gerrard Liverpool legend to generic manager Joe Bloggs who has no managerial experience and has failed to win a trophy in 6 attempts with all the backing he has had, then he would be out on his arse.

3 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

We were 21 points clear of the team behind us last season having played a game less... going an average of 2.3 points a game compared to their 1.53

That is a massive difference in points collected over the course of a season which shows a far greater indicator of where we are compared to the other sides in the league 

Are we now celebrating the difference between us and third?

At 30 point gap between us and Motherwell do we build a statue?

2 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I did, it was one that showed what you had previously said to be a bit of a shit point. 

Hows that? We’re told by the cash injection argument that technically we should be pissing over every team from third to last. 

The league table for the past 2 and inevitably 3 seasons will show that isn’t the case, regardless of how many numbers you include in your post. 

Good poll. I get though it's hard due to the grey areas which is where I sit.

Shows one thing though, there is a majority of fans unhappy with Gerrard. @bluenoz yesterday thought it was the other way around.

I was hoping after his meltdown where he needed "24 hours to think" that he went. That gave us time to get a manager in and have a pre season for this season. I think it's too late to get rid of Gerrard now this season. Whilst I have lost faith in him, I now keep a very close eye on celtic results as I feel that is the only way we can win it this year is for them to collapse.

5 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Hows that? We’re told by the cash injection argument that technically we should be pissing over every team from third to last. 

The league table for the past 2 and inevitably 3 seasons will show that isn’t the case, regardless of how many numbers you include in your post. 

You have said we should be pissing everyone from third to last, over the course of a season we do, they aren't even close to us, there is more evidence of us beating those sides than not. We will on occasion drop points to other teams in the league. 

2010-11 a squad of greater cost with a higher wage bill than we have  now had 3 draws and 5 defeats, only 3 of those results were against celtic, so even during a league winning season we STILL didn't just simply piss over every other team in the league. 

There has barely been a time even when spending more than we currently do that Rangers have simply pissed all over every other team in the league every single week. 

Archived