Jump to content

Gerrard Poll  

394 members have voted

  1. 1. Happy with things up until now?

  2. 2. Has he done enough since the summer of 2018?

  3. 3. When should he be sacked?

    • Failure to qualify for EL
    • Fail to win the League Cup
    • League Championship
    • Scottish Cup
    • Sometime next season
  4. 4. Does 10 in a row matter to you?

  5. 5. What age are you?


This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/09/20 at 17:00

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Sick of hearing this cash injection argument now. The management have spent in the region of £30m. We match cellic in just about every game we play now. If you had to ask this forum who had the better starting 11 the majority of this forum would say we have a better starting 11 of 7-8 players than them. 
 

We have good players, very good players and exceptional players more than capable enough to win a league title in Scotland. They aren’t any better than us in that respect. 
 

By your analogy because we have the second biggest budget we should be pissing over everyone third to last, that isn’t happening and that is the problem

You can be sick of hearing it all you want...doesn't change the fact that invariably, given the odd exception, the team that spends the most wins the most.  It's not looking for excuses, it's just irrefutably true.  The market value of our squad, despite looking at it through our blue specs, is less than theirs.  I'm not saying that, the market is.  And they've spent more on their squad too.

We might be able to compete with them every game now, but why can we raise our game against them but struggle against Hibs, whilst they continually dig themselves out of trouble?  It's obvious...our squad is just a degree or below less than theirs, and that better quality means they have a belief that they're going to turn it around when they need it and we don't....and I hate fuckin saying that but it's true.  

Like I said, the only routes out of this are we spend (what we don't have) or we get lucky....or they get complacent.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First question should have some middle ground not just yes / no  For me the league is number 1 priority and if we fail at that then Gerrard needs to go. 

Couldn't really answer it tbh as my opinion on him falls into a couple of middle/grey area/in-between's in some of the options provided.  I'll just explain my position (I've said it loads on here

He has to deliver the league this year, he's had more than enough time and backing.

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

The 30% saying that 10 doesn’t matter are just kidding themselves on 😄

Just be honest with yourselves .If our board and manager allow it to happen .I will never forgive them ,even more for these scandalous 4 years in control of our club 

Nope, it's just another title we haven't won for me

MurrayWilson likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Sorry, seems you have an issue with reading my friend. 

I'm ok at reading. That's why when you posted glorifying our points compared to third place in the league, I knew I was right on the first read-through when I thought "what a load of shite".

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

You can be sick of hearing it all you want...doesn't change the fact that invariably, given the odd exception, the team that spends the most wins the most.  It's not looking for excuses, it's just irrefutably true.  The market value of our squad, despite looking at it through our blue specs, is less than theirs.  I'm not saying that, the market is.  And they've spent more on their squad too.

We might be able to compete with them every game now, but why can we raise our game against them but struggle against Hibs, whilst they continually dig themselves out of trouble?  It's obvious...our squad is just a degree or below less than theirs, and that better quality means they have a belief that they're going to turn it around when they need it and we don't....and I hate fuckin saying that but it's true.  

Like I said, the only routes out of this are we spend (what we don't have) or we get lucky....or they get complacent.  

Sick of hearing it cause it’s simply not true that’s why. 
Like I said our starting 11, the majority man for man is better than theirs. 
 

They dig themselves out of trouble through actually using 5 subs and going out all attack whilst Gerrard and his 18 staff sit with their thumb up their arses and bring on our second sub at 86 mins after the whole Hibs backline being on a yellow from 70 onwards. 

Relying on luck after spunking £30m 😂

Malkytfp1 and MurrayWilson like this
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jeffrey said:

Nope, it's just another title we haven't won for me

The fear and thought of hearing those unwashed cunts going on forever about 10 in a row is crippling. Matters to me.

I would take winning the league this year and losing the next 4.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

Sick of hearing it cause it’s simply not true that’s why. 
Like I said our starting 11, the majority man for man is better than theirs. 
 

They dig themselves out of trouble through actually using 5 subs and going out all attack whilst Gerrard and his 18 staff sit with their thumb up their arses and bring on our second sub at 86 mins after the whole Hibs backline being on a yellow from 70 onwards. 

Relying on luck after spunking £30m 😂

That's so true. Look at their game away to Dundee United. They ended up with 4 strikers on the pitch. We wait til 80 minutes to get two on. Another factor is their ability to change formation, their plan B if you will. They can easily transition to 3 or 4 at the back. They did it after the winter break last year and won all their games.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

The fear and thought of hearing those unwashed cunts going on forever about 10 in a row is crippling. Matters to me.

I would take winning the league this year and losing the next 4.

Couldn't disagree more, don't care about them winning '10' when we had a points deduction and were out of the league for 4 seasons.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Glorified it 😄 fuck sake, aye it's the reading that is an issue. 

Call it what you like, the fact that you used statistics about the gap between us and 3rd as such a positive and justification of where we are is a bit silly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

I marked that 10 in a row matters but its not really those nappy rippers getting ten that's the problem, it's our continued failure at winning the league that is. 

See I put no because it really doesn't matter and I think the whole thing is a joke. Like yourself, it pisses me off that we've let them win the last 3 by effectively beating ourselves.

Us losing the league again means more than whether they've won 2, 5 or 10 in a row.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Malkytfp1 said:

Call it what you like, the fact that you used statistics about the gap between us and 3rd as such a positive and justification of where we are is a bit silly.

Well aye I have a few times now, you have bother reading.

The second part of your post is actually fucken hilarious, it was never used as a positive it is simply pointing out a difference, that is generally why they have league tables and teams don't just play games with no reason. 😄

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't believe I came on to RM to this but I suppose I'm not surprised.

The OP is obsessed in talking about the negatives especially our manager.

I didn't vote because I will concentrate in the positive in hope we will win things this year so question 3 is so dour and a defeatist attitude. If we don't win, then it will be addressed at the time.

And question four is an insulting question to ask to any loyal Rangers supporter.

Polls like this will end up chasing Gerrard down the motorway.

Top of the league, undefeated and I have to read this pish!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Prso's headband said:

Sick of hearing it cause it’s simply not true that’s why. 
Like I said our starting 11, the majority man for man is better than theirs. 
 

They dig themselves out of trouble through actually using 5 subs and going out all attack whilst Gerrard and his 18 staff sit with their thumb up their arses and bring on our second sub at 86 mins after the whole Hibs backline being on a yellow from 70 onwards. 

Relying on luck after spunking £30m 😂

Who says?  Rangers fans?  

That's not true. 5 subs has only been this season.  Last season, unfortunately, better players dug them out.

Did you see our bench?  Kind of emphasises the point that we don't have the money to be as deep in quality as them when it comes to subs.

£30m is a relative figure compared to what you're up against, and has only guaranteed us a fighting chance...to get over the line you're going to need a slice of luck and/or them to fuck up.

The only way to improve the chances is to increase the investment to near enough equal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

That's so true. Look at their game away to Dundee United. They ended up with 4 strikers on the pitch. We wait til 80 minutes to get two on. Another factor is their ability to change formation, their plan B if you will. They can easily transition to 3 or 4 at the back. They did it after the winter break last year and won all their games.

We waited 10 mins after Hibs scored the second to make a second sub. It’s pathetic. 
 

Lennon is a prick, we all hate him. If that was him drawing 2-2 at 75 mins he’d have put on every available forward player he has, using the 5 sub rule which we’re told by all and sundry is advantageous to the old firm, here we are and I think the only time we’ve used it is in non-pressure situations when we beat Kilmarnock at home

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ElBufalo20 said:

A complete over reaction to a draw at Easter Rd. was disappointing but can’t blame Gerrard for Sunday we had more than enough chances to win.

Also 10 in a row is irrelevant. I couldn’t care if Aberdeen had won 5 during the last 9 years it’s about us winning the league cos we’ve not won it since 2011 not stopping them winning 10.

How do you know people are reacting solely based on that? Talking with other bears there's quite a few who've been unhappy for a while.

The draw at HIVs is simply the most recent failure to pressure on the scum.

Malkytfp1 and BridgeIsBlue like this
Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't understand the majority saying sack for failing to win the league. It's too late then. So it failure to win the league cup. Of the options available if we are going to sack him it has to be failure to reach europa group stages.

All other are stable door horse bolted

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Why does 10 in a row matter?  
I couldn’t give a fuck what they cunts do. 
 

I’m only interested in what we do. 

That attitude is stinking. 

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

I can't believe I came on to RM to this but I suppose I'm not surprised.

The OP is obsessed in talking about the negatives especially our manager.

I didn't vote because I will concentrate in the positive in hope we will win things this year so question 3 is so dour and a defeatist attitude. If we don't win, then it will be addressed at the time.

Top of the league, undefeated and I have to read this pish!

It kind of shatters your theory that the overwhelming majority of supporters on here anyway are happy with him, the Hamilton result last season broke a lot of people, Ibrox was poisonous at full time same as the away end at our last game at Tynecastle, and it would've been the same on Sunday if fans were there. 

Your last point is incredible, you were happy to shout from the rooftops about us not conceding a goal before Easter Road, now it's undefeated and top of the league, you're fast running out of straws to clamp on to. 

Malkytfp1 likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Upcoming Events

    • 29 October 2020 20:00 Until 22:00
      0  
      Rangers v Lech Poznan
      Ibrox Stadium
      Europa League

×
×
  • Create New...