Gerrard Poll

BridgeIsBlue

Gerrard Poll  

394 members have voted

1. 1. Happy with things up until now?

2. 2. Has he done enough since the summer of 2018?

3. 3. When should he be sacked?

• Failure to qualify for EL
    • Fail to win the League Cup
    • League Championship
    • Scottish Cup
    • Sometime next season
  4. 4. Does 10 in a row matter to you?

5. 5. What age are you?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/09/20 at 17:00

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I respect the opinion of all Bears, but how anyone can be happy with things up to now, while the vermin are not only going for 10 in a row, wether we we were in the league or not,history will show they won 10 in a row, but yet another treble, Gerrard has improved us in many ways, but another league win and treble for them gives me the fuckin boak.

To wrapped up in systems , your centre mids job to cover the full backs who have to be your main creators is a lot of shite , your centre mid should be the mainstay of the creativity chipping in with double figures in goals to, refuses to sign anybody with a bit of dig along with a bit quality anaw , which is paramount to play in the SPL 

1 minute ago, 2nd Flute said:

I respect the opinion of all Bears, but how anyone can be happy with things up to now, while the vermin are not only going for 10 in a row, wether we we were in the league or not,history will show they won 10 in a row, but yet another treble, Gerrard has improved us in many ways, but another league win and treble for them gives me the fuckin boak.

I hate to use the word, but the question isn't nuanced enough.  You can be happy with some things and unhappy with others. 

7 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

If we had 2 games postponed and had to play catch up would we have dealt with it in the way they have? 

Only one side consistently collapses under any remote pressure and it ain't them. 

Mate I get what you're saying and why. I think many have made up their minds, I'm not knocking that. But things can and do change.

2 games ago we were saying it was a strong bench we've know got, yet the weekend it was shite fuck sake Gerrard signings etc. We need to get max points whilst our injured players return and hopefully reinforcements come in. I actually don't care about the result on Thursday, focus needs to be the league as Europe is an extra.

The scum have had zero challenge to date other than Europe. They failed. I know some think they grind out results, I see it as their opposition have been bottom 6 level and too shite to capitalise (just), so let's see how they are after the next 6 games. We may fuck it but I think the next 6 weeks will prove favourable to us. We'll see 

He may well fail but for me its too soon to be agreeing with this stuff given we are still top of the league, in Europe, in all cups, unbeaten, and only lost 2 goals. You want to see it differently but whilst the facts rather than opinion remain strong enough I'll keep believing. For now.

1)  No

2) No

3) If we don't win the league (or if it is a lost cause by January)

4) A bit because so many tainted titles make it an irrelevance.

5) I'm now considered basically ancient even though I'm fairly fit and still play football (not walking football).

A good number of posters have been very fair in their thoughts in my opinion and I find myself in agreement with many.

I like Gerrard as a person and what he has done for the Club in terms of publicity and his general bearing.  His appointment was a gamble which hasn't paid off in the most important area which is the league.   I'm not sure if it was more a commercial appointment with the hope that footballing success would follow.   You can never guarantee success but appointing another rookie manager was always taking a bigger chance than someone with a previous track record of some success.  We have improved on the field but not sufficiently to justify the financial outlay he has had.  Two good European runs have saved him from a lot more criticism but if we do not qualify for the group stages of the Europa then the pressure on Gerrard will be intense.   We have about 5 or 6 games in the next few weeks which I think will define our season.  If we fail in this spell then I think it would be best for him to go.   He keeps making the same errors or to put it another way, he keeps failing to rectify the same problems.

I seen a video taken just a week or two ago that had Walter Smith at the training ground and he and Gerrard were just talking away.  You need to imagine Gerrard can use Klopp as a resource too since those two are friends.  Beale is no slouch when it comes to the tactical side either since he’s worked at a number of clubs, published books, and some of the interviews he gives are really insightful.  Gerrard is getting a lot of tactical input and this season changes have been made to the formation and system with the switch to 4-2-3-1.  Bringing in a couple more midfielders to help this system function could take us up another level.  We’re still strengthening.

I think Gerrard is intelligent and informed.  Many on here seem to view him as clueless, unable to learn, or he’s stubborn, and I don’t think any of that is true.  I also get the impression he has a real passion and enthusiasm for Rangers.  Remember, he has a personal worth of tens of millions if he didn’t want to be here, he wouldn’t be here.

I think we’re in good hands with Gerrard.  I certainly don’t think anyone should be panicking.  Wait until the transfer window is closed and let’s see where the squad is at then.  Remember, we’re top of the table and given our record in Europe we shouldn’t fear this Dutch mob at all, or Galatasaray.

1 hour ago, gogzy said:

One of the most interesting results in the poll to me is that we have no under 18's on here.  Or no one admitting to it.

It shows that forums are a dying medium.    They are all on tik tok or some other pish

I joined RM when I was 15.

That was in 2010 though.

I seen a video taken just a week or two ago that had Walter Smith at the training ground and he and Gerrard were just talking away.  You need to imagine Gerrard can use Klopp as a resource too since those two are friends.  Beale is no slouch when it comes to the tactical side either since he’s worked at a number of clubs, published books, and some of the interviews he gives are really insightful.  Gerrard is getting a lot of tactical input and this season changes have been made to the formation and system with the switch to 4-2-3-1.  Bringing in a couple more midfielders to help this system function could take us up another level.  We’re still strengthening.

I think Gerrard is intelligent and informed.  Many on here seem to view him as clueless, unable to learn, or he’s stubborn, and I don’t think any of that is true.  I also get the impression he has a real passion and enthusiasm for Rangers.  Remember, he has a personal worth of tens of millions if he didn’t want to be here, he wouldn’t be here.

I think we’re in good hands with Gerrard.  I certainly don’t think anyone should be panicking.  Wait until the transfer window is closed and let’s see where the squad is at then.  Remember, we’re top of the table and given our record in Europe we shouldn’t fear this Dutch mob at all, or Galatasaray.

Fuck me man, stop making sense!!

2 minutes ago, TMB said:

Based on what?

8 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

@BridgeIsBlue- let me ask you a simple question.... would you have started the poll if Hibs second goal had been deemed offside?

In all probability yes, as if it had been correctly ruled offside they would more than likely have scored another to equalise. 

If we had that cutting edge to kill teams off we wouldn't be talking about referees and officials, it's a crutch. 

To steal a statistic from @eskbankloyal, we've dropped points from a winning postition 12 times under Gerrard. 

That worries me more than the likes of Kevin Clancy and John Beaton. 

8 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

In all probability yes, as if it had been correctly ruled offside they would more than likely have scored another to equalise. 

If we had that cutting edge to kill teams off we wouldn't be talking about referees and officials, it's a crutch. 

To steal a statistic from @eskbankloyal, we've dropped points from a winning postition 12 times under Gerrard. 

What about if they hadn't scored?

That has no basis. We played excellent for the first twenty minutes of the second half up until the disputed goal.

I've always said Gerrard needed 3 years and in that time, progress has been made. Continued progress means he has to win the league this year.

Starting defeatest polls in September is unnecessary and not very supportive.

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

But they did. 

And I'm asking if they hadn't. You answered yes likely as you believed hibs would have scored again. So you brought hypothetical / opinion into your response.

So why not answer based on the hypothetical that they didn't. Seems strange not to answer a reasonable question 

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

That has no basis. We played excellent for the first twenty minutes of the second half up until the disputed goal.

I've always said Gerrard needed 3 years and in that time, progress has been made. Continued progress means he has to win the league this year.

Starting defeatest polls in September is unnecessary and not very supportive.

We lost a cup final due to an offside goal but we didn't do enough after it happened to win it. 

We beat them at Parkhead after a penalty which they shouldn't have got, Edouard scored an equaliser with his hand, we went on to do enough to win the game. 

Sunday their 2nd was offside, but we didn't do enough to go on and win it. 

If we had absolutely battered Hibs after that 2nd goal I'd see where people are coming from, but we didn't. 

5 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

And I'm asking if they hadn't. You answered yes likely as you believed hibs would have scored again. So you brought hypothetical / opinion into your response.

So why not answer based on the hypothetical that they didn't. Seems strange not to answer a reasonable question 

I've already answered that tbh, we would more than likely have still drawn the game because we can't kill teams off. 

Archived