Scum game in doubt

KingKirk

6 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Can't say I am surprised. Was always likely to happen if they couldn't get fans in

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/18738262.celtic-vs-Rangers-cancelled-due-scotlands-latest-round-lockdown-measures/

Seen this coming a mile away... Can't just cancel one game, the league has to be cancelled for "weeks"... Still think the October school week will be extended to 2 weeks and a national lockdown will happen... Case rate will decrease for 3 weeks then the shit will hit the fan again... Rinse and repeat

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, SK Rfc said:

Pretty sure it was mate. Was their way around us being mathematically capable of still winning it. 

I think the same will happen this season. They'll find a reason to postpone the competition once they take the lead, because the government will enforce another lockdown as Covid numbers are predicted to rise again.

7 hours ago, British_Empire said:

I'd rather it got postponed and gave us time to get a midfield. No laughing at the back regards sorting the midfield.

I agree.  Aribo and Jack might not be world beaters but they are two of the best we have.  Having them fit again will be a massive boost.

I know this could be bullshit but I genuinely wouldn’t be surprised. I always said if they couldn’t get fans in then they would have at least half their first team squad with positive COVID results to get it postponed. Now a precedent has been set that teams have to play regardless of whether they have no players then this will be the next best option. 

8 hours ago, eastwoodbear said:

Made zero sense to move it from September to October but it still happened. 

That did make sense as it was in the hope of having fans back in the ground for it

To cancel the game now with their still being no fans in the ground makes no sense at all

13 hours ago, Bears r us said:

They put that out hours before Nippy said a word. :lol:

There was a drip drip throughout the day yesterday,what she said last night on TV had been said at some point during the day .

One thing that came out yesterday was that the Premiership would be unaffected but the lower leagues could be put back .

Shit stirring media 

5 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

That did make sense as it was in the hope of having fans back in the ground for it

To cancel the game now with their still being no fans in the ground makes no sense at all

It didn't make sense as it would have been in the scums favour to have a crowd. 

Do you think the corresponding game at Ibrox will be moved if the same circumstances arrive? 

I don't. We would be ordered to play without a crowd if the ban is in place at the time. 

6 minutes ago, eastwoodbear said:

Do you think the corresponding game at Ibrox will be moved if the same circumstances arrive? 

I don't. We would be ordered to play without a crowd if the ban is in place at the time. 

We would, in the same way they are going to be ordered to play this game in a few weeks.

scum don't want to face us it's that simple. Can't have us ahead if the season is curtailed.

No reason at all why the game cannot be played. Like almost every game to date it will be bcd.

The nonsense, and that's what it is, about packed pubs and people having parties is not worth discussion. tarrier deflection and nothing else.

7 minutes ago, eastwoodbear said:

Like it or not mate the biggest game in Scottish football and the one the TV companies are interested in is the old firm.

It is much more interesting having the fans in the ground than not and that is why it was moved, in hope some fans would be back in 

6 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Like it or not mate the biggest game in Scottish football and the one the TV companies are interested in is the old firm.

It is much more interesting having the fans in the ground than not and that is why it was moved, in hope some fans would be back in 

We already have had Chelsea v Liverpool down south with no fans  with Liverpool v Arsenal coming up on Monday night  Sky will not be caring if fans are there or not it won’t have an effect on the viewing audience  This is simply that horrible club putting pressure via their media lapdogs to have the game put back until fans are allowed in   We must play this game on the date scheduled it’s simply tough luck on them that there is no fans allowed just as we were told when the league was awarded to them ! 

10 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

But it looks like the scum grand plan is fucked now mate. They will still try something else to get their hordes in I bet. 

2 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

But it looks like the scum grand plan is fucked now mate. They will still try something else to get their hordes in I bet. 

They can try, as much as I have less than no time for the Scottish assembly and Sturgeon, I don’t  think any amount of pressure celtic can bring will budge them on their stance. I’d be amazed if any fans were allowed in stadia by then given the current climate...

2 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

We already have had Chelsea v Liverpool down south with no fans  with Liverpool v Arsenal coming up on Monday night  Sky will not be caring if fans are there or not it won’t have an effect on the viewing audience  This is simply that horrible club putting pressure via their media lapdogs to have the game put back until fans are allowed in   We must play this game on the date scheduled it’s simply tough luck on them that there is no fans allowed just as we were told when the league was awarded to them ! 

The game won't be cancelled and will go ahead.

My point stands regarding it being pencilled in for October instead of September though as that was completely done to try and have some fans in through the gate.

Chelsea and Liverpool aren't the same as the premier league is huge globally and its standard of football draws an audience in.

Scottish football is nowhere close to the same level on a global scale and it is the hatred between us and Celtic that draws the neutral viewer in. 

The game won't be cancelled though as there's no reason at all for it to be cancelled

9 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

They'll ramp the media shite up in the week leading up to it to an even higher level than usual, that's what I'm expecting

1 minute ago, Robmc1 said:

They can try, as much as I have less than no time for the Scottish assembly and Sturgeon, I don’t  think any amount of pressure celtic can bring will budge them on their stance. I’d be amazed if any fans were allowed in stadia by then given the current climate...

I agree mate, but can you imagine 60 thousand of they cunts all together. Covid would run riot. Good thing, bad thing? Our players safety also comes into play. 

7 hours ago, jintybear said:

I know this could be bullshit but I genuinely wouldn’t be surprised. I always said if they couldn’t get fans in then they would have at least half their first team squad with positive COVID results to get it postponed. Now a precedent has been set that teams have to play regardless of whether they have no players then this will be the next best option. 

How funny would it be if they said that, got made to play it, them players couldn’t play anyway Cos of the statement and we pumped them lol and there’s no dead Ex squad player Like Phil O’Donnell this time to force it 

17 hours ago, The Dude said:

Well, the boy at the Sun done his job well. There was no concern over the being played but it made for a good story and got plenty of clicks.

Do you actually think that? 

Surely long term putting out click bait shite like this turns people off the ‘journalist’ or outlet? Wouldn’t wipe my arse with the sun (digital or not!) but things like this can’t help them going forward. 

Archived