Club Statement

BridgeIsBlue

14 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

None taken 😁.

I haven't got the answers myself, and doing nothing isn't the answer. But looking at the way its stitched up means criticising or implying bias can lead to sanctions, some pretty severe. Folk slate the Board, rightly so at times, but seem to think us acting as others have will have the same impact it did for others. I just don't see it that way, I see it the same as on the pitch where we're treated to a different set of rules and tolerances. 

I'd personally love the Board to grow a pair and come out going for the jugular but after the short term joy it would likely again prove futile and costly as the rules allow them to hammer us.

I'm just not sure there's an obvious strategy that wouldn't actually cost us more than it benefits us. That's all.

It’s not just the fact that the authorities are in the tarriers pockets that’s the problem .they have the media deeper in their pockets .

Pressure would need to be applied not just from us but backed up in the media ,the very opposite happens ,it’s ridiculed instead of backed up .

Shit state of affairs ,Looks like we either take it up the arse or my preferred option would be to go after the cunts anyway and highlight their absolute pettiness ,Problem is technically Gerrard did commit an offence even though they had to read between the lines to find it .

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Swally said:

It will certainly be more difficult because they'll certainly not want the same thing happening which happened before.

I personally don't think there's one answer, I think there are various answers which will affect things in smaller ways. If each answer was taken individually a lot would complain about how little an impact it would have and say it's not worth it.

Personally I am stuck between ignoring all of this and just trying to rise above it, however I'm starting to think there should be one rule for the team and another for the board. 

Our team should do the fighting on the pitch without any excuses, simply trying to be better and not allow refereeing decisions to come into it in any way. The club should then be fighting for our cause in the background, even if we have to set up a focus group to check how we're being treated differently, build a portfolio of evidence and then present it. We can then set up various "unofficial" media outlets which do drive home the message and leak out evidences of the difference in treatment.

Regarding what Gerrard says, or the board says publicly, I'm not too sure how much we get fined for that type of thing so I honestly can't comment. But that's just a quick couple of ideas without really sitting down and thinking about it.

The Board should be working with c1872 to produce a video compilation of decisions which have shown us treated unjustly compared to others. C1872 do the talking as shareholders. Instead it sounds like the relationship has soured.

Gerrard should withdraw all msm contact, only going in house or with fair journos. He could also easily get folk down south talking about the shit show up here, and how corrupt it is. I honestly think he's not that bothered and sees it as just another obstacle. A failing on his part.

Not one single inch should be given when talking about injustices on the park. Use the same words other managers do who haven't been cited.

We as fans could do more on social media, phone ins, true boycotts etc but are too fragmented and don't attack our haters the way our enemies do.

As you say, small stuff. I dint see an easy big win either.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

The Board should be working with c1872 to produce a video compilation of decisions which have shown us treated unjustly compared to others. C1872 do the talking as shareholders. Instead it sounds like the relationship has soured.

Gerrard should withdraw all msm contact, only going in house or with fair journos. He could also easily get folk down south talking about the shit show up here, and how corrupt it is. I honestly think he's not that bothered and sees it as just another obstacle. A failing on his part.

Not one single inch should be given when talking about injustices on the park. Use the same words other managers do who haven't been cited.

We as fans could do more on social media, phone ins, true boycotts etc but are too fragmented and don't attack our haters the way our enemies do.

That's a good idea actually

I think someone mentioned it earlier in the thread but is this just another way of giving Gerrard a wee push toward the exit door by our haters ?  We'll never know how he feels about the bias against us until he's gone unfortunately as that will be the time when he can freely speak his mind.  It will be then portrayed as sour grapes no doubt.

1 hour ago, teddybear1975 said:

Agree. Tbh I thought that siege mentality would have been installed a long time ago. Maybe it has to an extent but a combination of certain players mentality and being reffed to a diferent standard has us pissing in the wind for the most part.

From the top down mate .That’s where it fails 

22 minutes ago, Grundy said:

I think someone mentioned it earlier in the thread but is this just another way of giving Gerrard a wee push toward the exit door by our haters ?  We'll never know how he feels about the bias against us until he's gone unfortunately as that will be the time when he can freely speak his mind.  It will be then portrayed as sour grapes no doubt.

I doubt the papish practitioners of the smoke and mirror dark arts who we keep hearing about from the tinfoil hat mob are all that bothered about Gerrard or the squad he has built.

We quite readily shoot ourself in the foot on the park without the need for intervention by the illuminati.

1 hour ago, Bristol loyal said:

We use every dirty trick and tactic from top to bottom the same as them. The board should fight our corner every incident, instead of just making statements we should be using evidence and clear examples of the double standards and bias we see, we all know it’s everywhere.

A statement is all well and good but we have to back it up with facts and evidence so there’s no way out for them and no way to sweep it under the carpet. There’s countless videos, photos etc posted on here showing a Rangers player being dealt with one way yet others getting away with the same thing. For example the game Halliday got booked for raising his fist in the centre circle when we scored then the countless time’s the taigs have gone straight up to our fans after a win or goal, gesturing and mocking us yet it goes unpunished, why not put the video and photo evidence out and ask quite clearly why the difference in punishment?

We should be encouraging and paying if needed Rangers minded pundits and journalists to fight our corner on TV, in the papers or social media, I have no doubt the scum make sure their ex players put out exactly what they want them to.

Make sure players put pressure on the refs during games, intimidate them until they’re petrified to give anything against us like they are a certain other club.

Defend our fans off the pitch, fight the assumption that certain word or songs are offensive just because they say it is, use history and facts. The scum would never allow their fans being told they can’t sing about there Irish culture yet we are ashamed of anything PUL these days and instantly blame our own rather than being behind them.

If Rangers players are not protected to the level the laws of the game require then we should tell the sfa we’re not playing if reffed by certain refs who show clear bias out of concerns for the safety of our squad, fuck it they caused a refs strike and got everything their own way since why are we not applying the same pressure? 

There’s so many examples of how we could at least make life difficult for them. At the moment we’re like a beaten dog just cowering the in corner waiting for the next beating, carry on like this and it will continue and we’ll be worrying about 20 in a row not just 10. Until we fight back it will never change, whatever happened to no surrender? 

The difference being mate is that they have the power with them. It took them years of sneaking into positions of power and authority, we don't have the luxury of time.

You say we should refuse to play...

Fined.

Match forfeit.

If we carry on like that we'd find ourselves relegated.

Think about things before you write them, you're angry and it's making you crazy.

13 minutes ago, Bigdave30 said:

I doubt the papish practitioners of the smoke and mirror dark arts who we keep hearing about from the tinfoil hat mob are all that bothered about Gerrard or the squad he has built.

We quite readily shoot ourself in the foot on the park without the need for intervention by the illuminati.

Again, it always has to be extremes doesn’t it. It’s either a massive illuminati conspiracy or it’s nothing. 

If you don’t think there are significant “anti- Rangers” agendas being driven forward, let alone pro-scum, then I don’t know what to tell you. 

it doesn’t have to be a massive JFK conspiracy, it’s just the many many haters we have picked up over the decades attacking our club and everyone associated. If they can chase out Gerrard they will.... just like they tried with Souness and just like they succeeded with some of our less prestigious managers like Le Guen and Caixinha. Whether we have a top notch manager or a donkey in the role, the haters are going to attack him because they want to see turmoil and chaos at Ibrox. Turmoil and chaos has a wonderful dual impact of selling papers and blunting our success. 

Morelos is another that is subjected to these attacks. If he was at any other club he would be celebrated and revered by the media but because he plays for us he is demonised and reviled. 

Gerrard being cited for saying what he said is another farce in a litany of farces from this corrupt incompetent cabal ever since John Reid entered the Scottish Football scene. Games a bogey until the whole corrupt system is torched. 

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

C1872 should be taking SFA/SPFL to court, maladministration charges will be easy to prove. They owe it to the shareholders. 

33 minutes ago, The Librarian said:

The difference being mate is that they have the power with them. It took them years of sneaking into positions of power and authority, we don't have the luxury of time.

You say we should refuse to play...

Fined.

Match forfeit.

If we carry on like that we'd find ourselves relegated.

Think about things before you write them, you're angry and it's making you crazy.

I said threaten not to play, throw the game into a bit of chaos, what’s the worst they can go do on strike? We’ve got to start putting pressure on them where we can, pull as many dirty tricks as possible. Nice guys finish last, our current situation is as much proof as you’ll never need of that.

What really is the alternative? Carry on as we are, allow them to dominate and break every record in Scottish football while they continue in their plan to destroy us.

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Tbf mate, the question he answered was by our own Emma Dodds.

He should be allowed to answer those question without the need to tiptoe.

He should never have been cited for what he said. It is a conscious effort to try and upset him

26 minutes ago, Bristol loyal said:

I said threaten not to play, throw the game into a bit of chaos, what’s the worst they can go do on strike? We’ve got to start putting pressure on them where we can, pull as many dirty tricks as possible. Nice guys finish last, our current situation is as much proof as you’ll never need of that.

What really is the alternative? Carry on as we are, allow them to dominate and break every record in Scottish football while they continue in their plan to destroy us.

The alternative is to shut the club down.

That would destroy the TV interest almost overnight. It would get worldwide media attention, briefly, UK wide for several weeks. Sure it's the nuclear option and will in all likelihood never happen but it would throw everything corrupt in Scottish football into the public eye.

FOR CLARITY THE ABOVE IS SIMPLY A SCENARIO I DO NOT WANT TO SEE HAPPEN. IT IS A FLIGHT OF FANCY, PURE HYPERBOLE.

1 hour ago, GersInCanada said:

Damned if we say something and damned if we don't. It's a no brainer - the club must speak out.

A striking comparison is the more damning statement of corruption made by Tom Boyd (an official celtic representative). As no citation was ever brought to bear against him surely this must be considered as part of any defence, (tbh as we all know one of many things said by Scottish club officials that have had zero repercussions)...

55 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

C1872 should be taking SFA/SPFL to court, maladministration charges will be easy to prove. They owe it to the shareholders. 

How does that all work mate? Whats the process, threshold, costs, potential outcomes if successful etc? 

1 hour ago, Bakbear said:

it doesn’t have to be a massive JFK conspiracy, it’s just the many many haters we have picked up over the decades attacking our club and everyone associated. If they can chase out Gerrard they will.... just like they tried with Souness and just like they succeeded with some of our less prestigious managers like Le Guen and Caixinha. Whether we have a top notch manager or a donkey in the role, the haters are going to attack him because they want to see turmoil and chaos at Ibrox. Turmoil and chaos has a wonderful dual impact of selling papers and blunting our success. 

So the media got rid of Le Guen and Caixinha?

Here was me thinking it was the boards at the time because they were shite.

45 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Tbf mate, the question he answered was by our own Emma Dodds.

He should be allowed to answer those question without the need to tiptoe.

He should never have been cited for what he said. It is a conscious effort to try and upset him

Yeah but that demonstrates that folk look to be offended. So limit the chance of it happening, and minimise the exposure they get from him and the club. Give only what we're contractually obliged to.

Fwiw I think theres do little in it its unreal but by the letter of the law, as they can say they feel it implies bias, that he'll get done for it.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Yeah but that demonstrates that folk look to be offended. So limit the chance of it happening, and minimise the exposure they get from him and the club. Give only what we're contractually obliged to.

Fwiw I think theres *do little in it its unreal but by the letter of the law, as they can say they feel it implies bias, that he'll get done for it.

*so

1 hour ago, Robmc1 said:

A striking comparison is the more damning statement of corruption made by Tom Boyd (an official celtic representative). As no citation was ever brought to bear against him surely this must be considered as part of any defence, (tbh as we all know one of many things said by Scottish club officials that have had zero repercussions)...

Great point Rob .It is very easy to forget about their hundreds of indiscretions .There are so many too .It is so typical we almost put them to the back of our minds .We know nothing gets done .

So it’s another example of clear double standards  

2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

How does that all work mate? Whats the process, threshold, costs, potential outcomes if successful etc? 

It would need the backing of Rangers, they would act as a witness and state that there’s an unfair playing field due to referees and compliance officers treating them differently. A court of law will trump any obligations they have written in a contract with SPFL. They’d comment that it’s affecting results on the park that in turn affects the share price. C1872 would be taking them to court with the purpose of getting them removed and even reimbursed for lost income due to maladministration. 

7 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

It would need the backing of Rangers, they would act as a witness and state that there’s an unfair playing field due to referees and compliance officers treating them differently. A court of law will trump any obligations they have written in a contract with SPFL. They’d comment that it’s affecting results on the park that in turn affects the share price. C1872 would be taking them to court with the purpose of getting them removed and even reimbursed for lost income due to maladministration. 

Interesting.

But I'd guess if it was to have been done then it would have in the summer.

Gary Holt was interviewed after the Livi game versus them last weekend and said "their second goal was clearly offside". 

Rangers should be asking why he has not been cited along with Gerrard as this is clearly a case of him calling the referee incompetent. The rule says you cannot imply bias or incompetence on the part of the officials. 

5 hours ago, Grundy said:

When SG is gone.He won’t say a word against our enemies  .He is more than likely to be looking ahead and playing up to the media .Have all his many mates in the media telling us ?what a great job he did .

And even his mate TLB will pipe up with the usual patronising shite about his European run and how he got us back on the map ..See it in my crystal ball .And he will have won us no trophies on the way our 

Archived