Has the departure of any player ever upset you?

The Widow's Son

On 26/09/2020 at 17:51, WizardWalters said:

You’re right. Barry is a favourite of mine but I laugh when young people right off Derek and didn’t even see him play.  He was a tremendous player and I think he was better too, but stupidity and lack of commitment cost him.

He spoke at a dinner I was and somebody said he was better than Barry and his reply was “If I had a pound for ever time I’ve been told that I’d have as much money as Barry.” 

Yeah think he was better than he ended up!

He could have been a great if he knuckled down and listened to Souness!

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 25/09/2020 at 18:04, British_Empire said:

Cousin - especially it was the next day after the strongest performance I've seen from a player at Parkhead in the 4-2. He fucking bullied them. That took a wee bit of the shine off the result for me the next day when he left. Left me feeling a bit bittersweet.

Mendes - we got shot of him cut-price because we needed some cash in quick while the bank were putting pressure on us. Was gutted to see him go. 

Arteta - was getting a raw deal in the 2003/2004 season. He wasn't even playing that badly but the fans were turning on him (like we sometimes do with our more talented players) because Ferguson left and Arteta was left himself in a midfield along side dugshite like Gavin Rae, Namouchi, Emerson and Bob Malcolm and trying to do 2 or 3 jobs at once and in the end probably looked disinterested and I didn't blame him.

Miller (leaving the second time to go to Bursaspor) - again like Mendes I think we needed some money in quick. I thought it was a decision that would cost us the league as him and Boyd were on fire at the time.

also I wouldn't say I was gutted, but I thought selling Charlie Adam for about 600k was a mistake too. I liked him for us. Big goals in big games and could have a pop, but again, the fans hated the sight of him.

Our fans don’t help contribute to us getting some pish fees for genuinely good players that go on to consistently play at a higher level. 

Bougherra stung a bit - simply because he was very good and could have played in the EPL, he had made no secret that was where he wanted to go, but left for cash and obscurity. A total waste.

Probably less popular but I was gutted Pedro shipped out McKay, should never have been done at that time. I know it's not exactly gone to plan for him down there but I would be very interested to see how this management team done with him.

13 minutes ago, philiprfc said:

Bougherra stung a bit - simply because he was very good and could have played in the EPL, he had made no secret that was where he wanted to go, but left for cash and obscurity. A total waste.

Probably less popular but I was gutted Pedro shipped out McKay, should never have been done at that time. I know it's not exactly gone to plan for him down there but I would be very interested to see how this management team done with him.

Barries training to be a hairdresser now.

In seriousness he would have been a better option than both Dalcio and Nemane. 

1 minute ago, G.E.C. said:

Can’t believe I’m saying this but Barker would have been a better option at the time.

Done well under Lennon at Hibs that season.

We all said it. No matter how Barker has turned out now he was still a good prospect, had an ok season at NAC Breda and had been in the England U20 squad just a year before. Somehow Hibs got him and despite our DoF coming from Man City we got a guy who had never been past youth squads. 

18 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

Watching this, Polster. This is actually a great video (nicked shamelessly from FF). 

I know it's Birthday Caird pish but it hit me right in the feels...

Seeing someone openly embrace our Club and show how much it means to them is refreshing. 

I respect that. 

2 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

I know it's Birthday Caird pish but it hit me right in the feels...

Seeing someone openly embrace our Club and show how much it means to them is refreshing. 

I respect that. 

Me too mate. Given the limited chances he had, he could easily have chucked the toys out. But even more credit goes to her....how many of the overseas wags would check out the Louden or stand in a muddy field greetin at coos? :lol: Wasn't afraid to get in about the fans home and away too.....that's brilliant! 

1 hour ago, LegendofCoop said:

Watching this, Polster. This is actually a great video (nicked shamelessly from FF). 

Makes you a bit gutted for the guy that he never got more of a chance watching that. 

Fair play to his Mrs as well, she’s shown more passion for our club than some of the absolute cowards that have pulled on our shirt in recent years 

Wish him nothing but the best 

6 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Makes you a bit gutted for the guy that he never got more of a chance watching that. 

Fair play to his Mrs as well, she’s shown more passion for our club than some of the absolute cowards that have pulled on our shirt in recent years 

Wish him nothing but the best 

Spot on!

Archived