Allan McGregor

ElBufalo20

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

I'd keep McLauchlin on goals in the league until he is to blame for us losing. He clearly hasn't so far.

As good as Shagger is he is my stand in keeper in Europe given his experience, but McLauchlin doesn't deserve to lose the shirt domestically.

That's fair comment.  

4 minutes ago, 16BlueSherbert90 said:

That's fair comment.  

The combination of either keeper as required has worked well for us so far this season. SG has them competing for the shirt which has resulted in a lot of clean sheets for us imo.

Get that level of professionalism and desire in every position and you have a team that wins silverware for fun. 

Gerrard has a very tough decision to make.

One could argue McLaughlin didn't deserve to lose his spot especially after making a world class save from Nesbit.

But McGregor was class tonight and proves his worth time and time again on the big occasion.

Number 1 for me, would be mental for him not to be 

I’m not blaming McLaughlin for that first Hibs goal at the weekend because it was the donkeys in front of him who caused it but does that go in if McGregor is in goals? I’m not so sure 

McLaughlin is a good keeper but McGregor for me is still a class above 

I think our defence deserved more of the praise for our defensive record than McLaughlin, there were plenty of games where he wasn't really being tested. It might be a bit harsh, and I realise that, but I think McGregor could have saved us from Hibs, I just get that feeling.

McGregor's no1 for me, he's proven himself against real high opposition (nothing to do with last night). 

Archived