Allan McGregor

ElBufalo20

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, pcbear said:

I do not think he was ever complacent, but having proper competition for his jersey may have added an extra edge to his game, superb goalie.

Nope..... His standards have always been sky high. 

Just absolutely hates losing goals

3 hours ago, esquire8 said:

One of our best ever keepers despite what some might think about his departure. Up there with the likes of Goram for me.

Goram was arguably the best keeper on the planet for a time.  Peter Schmeichel and Van Der Sar were up there with him but he was certainly one of the best.  Goram was like having a brick wall in front of the net he was unbelievable.

McGregor is a good goal keeper but he’ll never be “up there with the likes of Goram”. 

Goram was my hero growing up. I idolised the guy. But anyone who thinks Goram was miles ahead of Greegsy is high. 

I’d say at his best, Greegsy is as good as Goram ever was. I’d still have Goram in my best ever line up, but I think that’s more to do with the team Goram was part of and the success they enjoyed.

And I think it is this nostalgia that people cling to when comparing the two. If you look at save by save comparisons, their nature and the technical abilities of both, they’re even.

Top class performance from shagger last night  but it appears he is increasingly struggling  to stay fit.

Gaffer need to be looking to replace him and with enough game time McLaughlin  might just do a job which could save us millions.

Hopefully young Mccrorie  continues  to do well and can be No.2 and push McLaughlin  the way he is pushing Shagger this season.

3 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Not even better than Klos for me either

He’s better than Klos.  goram>shagger>klos.

never seen enough of Chris Woods to put him in this list because I was born when he was our number one, I’m actually named after him. 😂

Archived