Allan McGregor

ElBufalo20

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, gazza27 said:

He ain't better than klos imo 

Still got ma Stefan Klos signed programme against Inter. Brilliant keeper. Loved him. 

Mcloy/Goram/Woods are my other favs.

Shagger is current top dug though no doubt but McGlaughlins nae mug.

12 hours ago, a_staunch_prod said:

There's another thread saying we looked 'completely at ease' last night, and there's this one where our goalie had an absolute blinder...

The OP here has a better footballing brain.

Thanks!

We were the better team but could’ve been a completely different game if McGregor hadn’t made the save at 0-0. 

Made the thread though basically cos of the save near the end that was outrageous. He can pull off world class saves like that.

Was similar to the Motherwell one last season.

However nowhere near Goram.

14 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Thanks!

We were the better team but could’ve been a completely different game if McGregor hadn’t made the save at 0-0. 

Made the thread though basically cos of the save near the end that was outrageous. He can pull off world class saves like that.

Was similar to the Motherwell one last season.

However nowhere near Goram.

His save against Bremen will always be one of the best I'll ever see

16 hours ago, tannerall said:

We are fortunate to have had so many great goalkeepers in recent decades.

Goram, Klos, Woods and McGregor.

Can't think of goalies from other SPLclubs who even came close to them. 

In all honesty, for contributions to points, big fucking lurch at the tarriers was pretty good, was well chuffed to fuck he told them to gtf in the summer, 

McGregor and Klos are more-or-less on a par with each other for me.

I can't really remember too much about Woods, but Goram was the best I've seen, for 2-3 season anyway. I felt he lost it a bit last couple of seasons of he was with us. 

We are lucky we've always been blessed with good goalkeepers - while they've had the likes of Bonner, Marshall, Kerr, Gould, Hedman, Douglas. etc.

Gordon done them OK as did Boruc but Forster is the only one I've really been impressed with and on a par with the good goalkeeper's we've had IMO.

I'm not sure about Gerrard wanting to give McGregor a new contract that takes him into his 40's - he's still got the ability, but there comes a time when you say thanks and move on, not doing something on impulse and then ending up with someone on decent wages who may not be able to contribute the way they should. I'm not saying that will defo be McGregor, I'm just thinking out loud with it. 

3 hours ago, northern bear said:

McGregor is the better keeper but McLaughlin has good distribution and prob better at crosses which helps with a Rangers keeper as the majority of attacks they have to deal with in the league are set pieces

A fair assessment. Shagger's fearless and instinctively a brilliant shot stopper. McLaughlins more of a calmer taller presence and has a very good all round game. 

Its a tough choice for the number one jersey. A positive dilemma. Keeps both on top of their game. 

3 minutes ago, Doddger said:

A fair assessment. Shagger's fearless and instinctively a brilliant shot stopper. McLaughlins more of a calmer taller presence and has a very good all round game. 

Its a tough choice for the number one jersey. A positive dilemma. Keeps both on top of their game. 

Mclaughlin doesnt make they saves on thursday night imo, he's safe but not extra ordinary when needed

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Mclaughlin doesnt make they saves on thursday night imo, he's safe but not extra ordinary when needed

that's ma point mate. Shagger's instinctively brilliant while Mclauglin is a safer all rounder. Shagger reminds me of Goram. Different class fearless shotstopper and commander of the goal posts.

22 hours ago, GOAT said:

He’s better than Klos.  goram>shagger>klos.

never seen enough of Chris Woods to put him in this list because I was born when he was our number one, I’m actually named after him. 😂

Disagree he's not better than klos

For me its:

1 - Goram 

2 - Klos

3 - McGregor

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Canny believe we only battered them for 5 that day, should have been a fucking cricket score

Definitely - I think our players were enjoying themselves a bit too much.  They were chasing our shadows, not even on the same planet that day. 

Archived