We look completely at ease in Europe

Born Sinner

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

We are our own worst enemy at times. Goldson looks so composed in Europe as well. He has all the qaulities of a top defender but has that slip in him any given Sunday. Then again so did big Amo.

Yeah, but in those days the refs were a bit more neutral, so mistakes from both teams cancelled out, without the refs giving biased decisons in other incidents or targetting our players to influence results. 

Have you not noticed Scottish Football is corrupt yet ?

I

1 minute ago, Bears r us said:

I believe you have hit the nail on the head with that post, the pressure is just not the same because losing to teams in Europe is not seen as such a big surprise so the players can relax more. 

In the league at home we the fans expect them to win and some just cannot cope unfortunately.  

I was just saying what Tav wrote in a match program last season :lol: shocking it actually got put in!

1 minute ago, tannerall said:

Yeah, but in those days the refs were a bit more neutral, so mistakes from both teams cancelled out, without the refs giving biased decisons in other incidents or targetting our players to influence results. 

Have you not noticed Scottish Football is corrupt yet ?

I

You can only put so much down to bad refereeing. Yes, I believe fundamentally that our game has corruption. I believe there are refs out to get us even. But that simply doesn't solely explain our domestic failings. It's naive to suggest that. We have done a lot of damage to ourselves.

We’ll beat football teams all day , some of our results have actually been ridiculous the calibre of team we’ve beat, if the hairy arsed cunts in the SPL turn it into their game we struggle and Gerrard’s never addressed it 

Just now, Blues Brother said:

Refs were shocking. No protection for our skilled players throughout both games. And should have had 3 pens in each game 

Did not remember that but I guess I can trust your opinion a lot more than @Malkytfp1

Another account on here is @Malkytfp Small world innit ? :hmmm:

1 minute ago, tannerall said:

Did not remember that but I guess I can trust your opinion a lot more than @Malkytfp1

Another account on here is @Malkytfp Small world innit ? :hmmm:

🤣🤣🤣

Is this you crying "tarrier" cause someone doesn't share your point of view. 

And you don't remember that cause it never happened.

2 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

You can only put so much down to bad refereeing. Yes, I believe fundamentally that our game has corruption. I believe there are refs out to get us even. But that simply doesn't solely explain our domestic failings. It's naive to suggest that. We have done a lot of damage to ourselves.

That's fine. Nothing to see then, just coincidence you believe Scots refs are out to get us, and the Scottish game is corrupt, but that doesn't explain why we get better results Europe. 

Hoist by your own petard methinks.

30 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Disagree with that..We have had some shocking refereeing results in Europe. Spartak away, Feynoord away and at home to name a few. It's down to our style of play being much more suited to European football. Not all our bad results in the league are referees.

Could have been written by @BridgeIsBluehimself that.

Not surprised one of the Gerrard out now crew would look to downplay the difference in refereeing, which by and large has been night and day between Europe and domestically.

6 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

How? I am a Tav guy but can never forgive that speech.

What I mean is I did not recognise your post as taken from what Tav said until you reminded me.

I like Tav but not sure he should be our capt, especially thinking like that. 

EDIT @Malkytfp1 I thought I was replying to MattyBlue but the answer seemed to work anyway. :lol:

Just now, tannerall said:

That's fine. Nothing to see then, just coincidence you believe Scots refs are out to get us, and the Scottish game is corrupt, but that doesn't explain why we get better results Europe. 

Hoist by your own petard methinks.

🤣 Fucking hell ye canny win. Call out points dropped with no refereeing errors and I'm being picky. You're having a shiter the night hen.

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Not surprised one of the Gerrard out now crew would look to downplay the difference in refereeing, which by and large has been night and day between Europe and domestically.

Wtf are you greeting about now? 

42 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

The main difference is the refereeing.

Unquestionably.

"The fact we’re the underdogs in this competition there’s less expectation and tension in our play. We go out there and play with more freedom and we got what we deserved."

Who said that I wonder? 

In my opinion, Ryan Kent has been so integral to our recent European success. His high pressing, energetic and enthusiastic nature, coupled by his speed and natural ability is massive for us. If I could spend £7million for a duplicate I would do it in a heart beat. At the time, I thought it was a lot of money but now I understand why our gaffer was so persistent to make the move happen. 

1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

🤣 Fucking hell ye canny win. Call out points dropped with no refereeing errors and I'm being picky. You're having a shiter the night hen.

You've already beaten yourself by suggesting yourself the obvious that Scots referees and football corrupt yet our European results are better. 

Are you trying to deliver two different opinions now. Hence the need for two usernames ?

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

If you just read it.....

Aye the refereeing is better in Europe. I acknowledge that. But you can't put that down to the reason we thrive in Europe ffs. IMO, in Europe we get space to play. Teams don't sit in. We don't have to worry about beating the block. Our technical players get more freedom. Our general game is suited to Europe,. Which btw is the reason I have said Gerrard would thrive in a job down south. 

To say the ONLY reason we do better in Europe than domestically is down to refereeing is naive.

6 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

What I mean is I did not recognise your post as taken from what Tav said until you reminded me.

I like Tav but not sure he should be our capt, especially thinking like that. 

EDIT @Malkytfp1 I thought I was replying to MattyBlue but the answer seemed to work anyway. :lol:

I liked it out of sympathy and confusion.

2 minutes ago, tannerall said:

You've already beaten yourself by suggesting yourself the obvious that Scots referees and football corrupt yet our European results are better. 

Are you trying to deliver two different opinions now. Hence the need for two usernames ?

🤣🤣 Fucking outted. There is another username I had from 2016 which wasn't used. Might as well change my profile pic to my native Irish flag.

Let's settle this with one question. Do you think we do better in Europe solely down to better referees?

Archived