We look completely at ease in Europe

Born Sinner

2 hours ago, DBBTB said:

We are a very good European outfit and a team that not many teams would want to pull out in a draw and that is something I didn’t think I would ever be saying for a long time four or five years back.

Galatasaray will not enjoy a game against us. This I’m sure of. 

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Stonewaller from behind, looked like a  dive from the front.

Not wishing to exonerate refs when I don’t have to, but it really does depend what angle you see incidents from.

Yeah like I said mate, I need to re watch the game properly.

It certainly looked like contact in the replay.

But people seem to think it was soft so maybe I've got that wrong.

8 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Yeah like I said mate, I need to re watch the game properly.

It certainly looked like contact in the replay.

But people seem to think it was soft so maybe I've got that wrong.

2 angles. 2 completely different perspectives for me.

Front on - couldn’t see any contact, from behind, looked like he really caught him.

Really hard to tell - May have been on the way down already when the contact happened, which is why it seemed softer from the front.

Who’d be a ref??

18 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Galatasaray will not enjoy a game against us. This I’m sure of. 

If Rangers put Galatasaray out our place in the group stages will be well earned.  Another guaranteed 6 games against teams from across Europe.  Brilliant.

1 hour ago, HG5 said:

But we’re getting dragged into this Euro fantasy, which I reckon is diverting us from the main event

Euro fantasy? I and I hope all of us would give up Europa League to win the only competition that matters. The league in case you don't know:confused:

17 minutes ago, HG5 said:

2 angles. 2 completely different perspectives for me.

Front on - couldn’t see any contact, from behind, looked like he really caught him.

Really hard to tell - May have been on the way down already when the contact happened, which is why it seemed softer from the front.

Who’d be a ref??

At that stage of the game, the decision was vital. The game was certainly in the balance.

If it is soft, do we get that in Scotland? Probably not.

We were robbed on Sunday, robbed in the LC and so much more... Folk will argue we need to do more to put teams away to not make decisions an issue but when I was young, it seemed Italy won every game 1-0.

We need a two goal lead to be sure of beating the corruption imo.

We are definitely reffed fairer in Europe.

A post on twitter saying Galatasaray would earn €6m for qualification to the group stages. It just shows the kind of financial windfall Rangers could get if we beat them.  It might get Rangers back in to the transfer market for a midfielder. 85C191B8-41F1-45D2-9FA2-BAC646EFA41B.thumb.jpeg.da69744b8491cbc9ffe1359f38a55af4.jpeg

2 minutes ago, TMB said:

A post on twitter saying Galatasaray would earn €6m for qualification to the group stages. It just shows the kind of financial windfall Rangers could get if we beat them.  It might get Rangers back in to the transfer market for a midfielder. 85C191B8-41F1-45D2-9FA2-BAC646EFA41B.thumb.jpeg.da69744b8491cbc9ffe1359f38a55af4.jpeg

Beat the Turks then announce Zungu 😀

No conincidence Motherwell and the sheep got knocked out . Scottish football is a laughing stock . And teams defending at home in league games, tells you everything about our game domestically . And they havn't got the ability to raise their game in Europe . At least we are doing much better at dealing with Europe, than the dross served up as football in our league 

9 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

The main difference is the refereeing.

Unquestionably.

This. 

The stench of green hanging about every corner of Scottish Football shows the big difference. 

Walking about teams better than St Midden in Europe; only to struggle against Sunday Team outfits domestically. So frustrating.

10 hours ago, Born Sinner said:

We looked very comfortable tonight and it was never in doubt, I felt it was over after the first goal went in.

Everything about the players was assured - the body language, the tackling, first time passing, more composure in and around the opposition box, and much more clinical looking. Carried ourselves with the confidence of winners.

This needs to translate domestically - strolling it this evening but panic stations at Hibs is bizzare. I don’t understand it at all.

maybe because they're not being assaulted by the cloggers with little to no protection

It's not just one thing but a combination of teams in Europe being less physical and more attack minded and a better standard of referee (no cheating fenian bastards). We have to make sure when we bring in players that they can adapt to both styles of play and have the mental and physical toughness to play for Rangers.

7 hours ago, badjon said:

Euro fantasy? I and I hope all of us would give up Europa League to win the only competition that matters. The league in case you don't know:confused:

That was exactly my point - what are you reading into what I said?

7 hours ago, bluenoz said:

At that stage of the game, the decision was vital. The game was certainly in the balance.

If it is soft, do we get that in Scotland? Probably not.

We were robbed on Sunday, robbed in the LC and so much more... Folk will argue we need to do more to put teams away to not make decisions an issue but when I was young, it seemed Italy won every game 1-0.

We need a two goal lead to be sure of beating the corruption imo.

We are definitely reffed fairer in Europe.

Agreed mate.

Btw, behind was the angle the ref had - I’d have given it from that view!

We've been superb in Europe under Gerrard no doubt about it. Despite being underwhelming domestically our ability in Europe and the money gained from participation has no doubt been a reason why we're now one or two players away from the league title. Hopefully with a win against Galatasaray we can get that midfielder we all want.

This brings me to a theory I have on Gerrard and the board. This certainly depends on the result against Galatasaray but I think the board will be happy to keep Gerrard on next season even if we win nothing again domestically.

Obviously next year the top 2 get into Champions League qualifiers and I think the board will be happy to let Gerrard take those qualifiers with his euro record and the potential windfall at the end of it. Just looking at the some of the sides that have been in the CL main path this year don't strike fear into me and I assume the board; PAOK, Benfica, Dynamo Kiev, AZ, Gent, Rapid Vienna, Krasnodar, Viktoria Plzen, Besiktas & Lokomotiva Zagreb.

I think the fact that there will be no crowds about for a while might see the board get away with it even if we're out the league by March whereas if there were crowds the fan pressure might be too much for the board.

It's not my personal opinion and just a theory on the board who I think want the club standing on it's on two feet financially just as much as having trophies at this point and CL qualification would certainly help that.

Are referees different in Europe? 

Broonaldo booked again last night in Europe. 

Compare his bookings per games played in Europe against his booking record in the SPFL.

When was the last time we got a penalty in a domestic game.

Yep, refs are different in European games.

3 minutes ago, Brackley said:

Are referees different in Europe? 

Broonaldo booked again last night in Europe. 

Compare his bookings per games played in Europe against his booking record in the SPFL.

When was the last time we got a penalty in a domestic game.

Yep, refs are different in European games.

European refs still make mistakes but I have no trouble in calling them honest mistakes. They don't play favourites and there's the difference.

Archived