We look completely at ease in Europe

Born Sinner

2 hours ago, Thermopylae said:

I do wonder if perhaps a draw back of having so many continental players in the team is that they value European success above domestic ... I don't see how we can go to Holland and win 4-0 but can't get the points at easter road if the attitude and application for 90 minutes remained the same 

We don't have very many continental players at all 

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For all those who say they are not fussed about Europe, the result against the Turks is massive because it falls just before the transfer window closes. Win it and we will splash big before Oct 5th. That game could set the path to winning in the league.

10 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

For all those who say they are not fussed about Europe, the result against the Turks is massive because it falls just before the transfer window closes. Win it and we will splash big before Oct 5th. That game could set the path to winning in the league.

Hit the nail on the head.

• 2 weeks later...

We are club that should be in Europe as a matter of course, not occasionally. That said, i'd say we look as though it is our level instead of we look at ease, especially having not played a group game yet but I know what you're trying to say. In the group all are beatable but beyond that there are some mighty tough sides. 

Just now, DrLaudrup said:

We are club that should be in Europe as a matter of course, not occasionally. That said, i'd say we look as though it is our level instead of we look at ease, especially having not played a group game yet but I know what you're trying to say. In the group all are beatable but beyond that there are some mighty tough sides. 

I agree. As a club we should be in Europe every season. No ifs or butts maybes. No excuses. A club our stature demands Europe every year. But people thinking here we are as good as Sevilla or Inter Milan when we are not. They both got to the final last season. Their is a chance we can get out the group but we won't go deep in the competition. The priority is the league, for Gerrard, players, fans and board, the league is theyre priority. 

42 minutes ago, Henry1987 said:

I agree. As a club we should be in Europe every season. No ifs or butts maybes. No excuses. A club our stature demands Europe every year. But people thinking here we are as good as Sevilla or Inter Milan when we are not. They both got to the final last season. Their is a chance we can get out the group but we won't go deep in the competition. The priority is the league, for Gerrard, players, fans and board, the league is theyre priority. 

Taig 

On 24/09/2020 at 22:38, TMB said:

Beale spoke at length about this.  Not the bias aspect, but that technically superior teams will do better in Europe whereas Scottish football allows physicality that holds the game back.

"My big issue is this: the game at this moment in time is based on physicality.  

"It's refereed in some games to allow physicality to take preference over football. It's not just me coming in from the outside and saying that. 

"What I would say is that the game is so unique in Scotland that the game in Spain could be a slightly different game.

"About 10 years ago, in the first few weeks of the Premier League season there were loads of red and yellow cards. The media were up in arms and we had talk of it being a non-contact sport but it was basically the best thing that could have happened.

"What happened was the referees had been away and been educated that 'that's not allowed anymore' and it has helped the English players and it's helped the Premier League become more technical.

"I just think the game in Scotland has probably been held back a little bit by that.

I absolutely agree with this.

20 hours ago, Henry1987 said:

Absolutely no one has said we are as good as Inter or Sevilla, you post like a tarrier fwiw

Archived