*****Official Motherwell v Rangers Match Thread*****

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Saw the line up, slagged the selection, slagged Bassey, slagged Jones and said we’d drop points. Got everything wrong - fucking delighted 

There is literally nothing Edmundson could have done there how is that his fault 😂 That ball was whipped in then a Motherwell player for a flick on. The one to blame (if anyone, cos it was a wick

Posted Images

1 hour ago, WizardWalters said:

Mcgregor

Tav Goldson Balogun Barisic 

Arfield  Kamara 

Jones Stewart Kent 

Morelos 

Id rest Helander ahead of Europe as he was out for a while with injury. Davis needs to be managed too.

Hagi needs dropped. 

Had hoped that we may have had at least 1 signing in. 

Any updates on Jack, Aribo, Barker, Roofe? 

We shouldn’t be resting anyone for Europe tbh, if players need rested then rest them  in Europe the league has to be our priority 

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

Hagi still makes my starting 11. I love that he is unpredictable and tries things most wouldn't. Right now, a lot is failing him but he can turn a game on a dime. He is an important player.

Also, I thought he was slightly better in the second-half last night. Just wished he had put that one away. With Aribo, Roofe & Jack injured, the options to drop Hagi become less.

I agree. He still gets into dangerous positions and dropping him now can fuck his confidence even more.

bluenoz and BlueKnight87 like this
1 hour ago, TMB said:

Hagi is young and inconsistent.  I can understand why some of our fans are getting frustrated but we need to stick with it.  The only way Hagi will realise his full potential is by playing football.  

Someone on the match thread said he was being played out of position last night but I don’t buy in to that.  We played a 4-3-3 against Braga and that’s the game Hagi came in to his own.  It’s just inconsistency but we should play him until he finds form.

Fully agree. There is going to be ups and downs with hagi. But only further game time is going to allow him to develop and find a level of consistent performance. 

35 minutes ago, SpiritofBillStruth said:

The difference in budgets and resources is astronomical. This should be at least 4 or 5. Motherwell are appalling. 

The team with the bigger budget doesn’t always win though.  Look at Rangers in the Championship under McCoist.  We had a wage bill of £7m/year and I think we finished 3rd behind Hearts and Hibs.  

Motherwell pumped Aberdeen 0-3 last weekend.  I know they started the season poorly but they were tipped to finish 3rd before a ball was kicked and have some good players.  

Kaydubya11 likes this
39 minutes ago, SpiritofBillStruth said:

The difference in budgets and resources is astronomical. This should be at least 4 or 5. Motherwell are appalling. 

The game doesn't always get played out like that but you probably know that.

The scum beat St Mirren 2-1 at home when the first goal resulted in a free kick that wasn't. Look at the gap in resources let alone playing on home field.

1 minute ago, SPWF said:

Hagi’s contribution has been superb this season, without his overall performances being superb. The return pass for Arfield’s goal last week was un-fucking-believable. The number of free kicks he wins us shouldn’t be understated either. 

If you look at Braga away from last season the pass Hagi played to put Kent through on goal was top class.  It doesn’t get enough praise.  Hagi is really raw but he has the ability to go straight to the top of the game.  

16 minutes ago, SPWF said:

Agreed. 

For a skinny 23 year old with no connection to the club, his attitude playing for us is incredible. He gets booted up and down the park every game, but gets up every time and demands the ball again and again. I love the guy. 

He's only 21 mate.

43 minutes ago, TMB said:

The team with the bigger budget doesn’t always win though.  Look at Rangers in the Championship under McCoist.  We had a wage bill of £7m/year and I think we finished 3rd behind Hearts and Hibs.  

Motherwell pumped Aberdeen 0-3 last weekend.  I know they started the season poorly but they were tipped to finish 3rd before a ball was kicked and have some good players.  

That's' because our manager was clueless......that's where i'm going. :thumbsup:

They've just lost their best player to the mob. 

If Roofe is fit I might be tempted to put him in for Hagi but that's not a slate on the boy. I like him and think he's got unfair stick when he's clearly talented and contributes well enough, I'm just thinking for the more physical aspect that Motherwell will charge at us.

Bluekev and glasgow argyle like this
1 minute ago, British_Empire said:

If Roofe is fit I might be tempted to put him in for Hagi but that's not a slate on the boy. I like him and think he's got unfair stick when he's clearly talented and contributes well enough, I'm just thinking for the more physical aspect that Motherwell will charge at us.

Confirmed out I believe 

2 hours ago, TMB said:

Hagi is young and inconsistent.  I can understand why some of our fans are getting frustrated but we need to stick with it.  The only way Hagi will realise his full potential is by playing football.  

Someone on the match thread said he was being played out of position last night but I don’t buy in to that.  We played a 4-3-3 against Braga and that’s the game Hagi came in to his own.  It’s just inconsistency but we should play him until he finds form.

He done nothing in the Braga game until Gerrard put him in the middle and then he changed the game, I don't get Gerrard's persistence with sticking him on the right as it was the same last season.

The boy is a number 10 and should play as such, if you can't find a position for him in the middle 3 then bench him because he is wasted out wide.

jersey-rangers likes this