*****Official Motherwell v Rangers Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, SPWF said:

Thinking about it Hagi actually reminds me of Novo in terms of his attitude, and “getting it”. Obviously totally different types of player, and Hagi is clearly much more talented. 

Always gives 100 percent too, just like Novo, even when he is having a howler. 

He is learning to be more aggressive in the tackle and give it back to the hammer throwers. 

Gets it rough on here even though he has healthy assist stats. 

6 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Anybody suggesting Stewart or Jones should be sectioned.

Jones yes, give him freedom to just run at them, I think he would cause problems. Give him a free role, he will pull their back four all over the place. Look at his run for the Hagi miss, more of that and he will create something tomorrow, if not himself, then others. 

6 minutes ago, ayrshireranger said:

Jones yes, give him freedom to just run at them, I think he would cause problems. Give him a free role, he will pull their back four all over the place. Look at his run for the Hagi miss, more of that and he will create something tomorrow, if not himself, then others. 

Have you ever seen Jones do as you think he can do?

ever?

45 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

Just a pity that Motherwell Orange & The War Office will not get their boost from the visiting support tomorrow. 

The tyrannic conduct of the Snatzi mob at Holyrood, must be, has to called out. 

On;y ever known Rangers fans to drink at the United Services Club when we go to Fir Park tbh

If Motherwell were to play 3 centre halfs then Jones isn't a bad shout because you can overload down the wings and free up Arfield and Hagi centrally.

Anyway I think it'll be the same team as Thursday which worries me in the middle of the park because you have two 30+ players playing their third game this week. It'd be nice if we could get two or three up quickly and get Barjonas on for 30 minutes to rest Davis or Arfield. It would have been a nice option on Thursday when we were 3-0 up.

We have plenty of goals in the team and enough creative players to get chances in this game, we just need to take them. If they play two up top we might struggle again at the back though.

I'll say 3-1 Rangers with Hagi, Goldson/Helander and Arfield (he has a good record against Motherwell)

1 hour ago, Mafeking St. said:

Get an early goal and we can relax and enjoy an easy victory.

😂 😂 

aye cos we do that well.

they are shite but need put to the fucking sword. Fuck Europe, I want the league this season and I want all these cunts fucked over and hopefully going bust given they wanted us to die. 

48 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

Need to have the mindset that we are playing a European game, will have no problems.  Perhaps change the name of the opposition, Monaco tomorrow, Roma next weekend. 

That will surely lead to confusion, why the fuck do Monaco have 10 men behind the ball and why are they such cowardly dirty bastards?

18 minutes ago, RockwellGers said:

That will surely lead to confusion, why the fuck do Monaco have 10 men behind the ball and why are they such cowardly dirty bastards?

So this raises the question of whether it is a mindset in our team or a tactical ploy from the opposition that results in us struggling against hammer throwers?

3 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Don’t give a fuck how we start, and I never thought I’d see the day Rangers fans saw playing motherwell as a massive game ffs. 

When we dont start well, particularly away from home we tend to struggle and it's a huge game in the context of our season, not cos we're playing Motherwell.

Archived