*****Official Motherwell v Rangers Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

Delighted with that today and the response from the team since last Sunday. Today we were in complete control.

Today, as with Thursday, we took our chances when they came and that was the difference to last week combined with playing against a weaker opponent who couldn't hurt us.

Tav was outstanding today and seemed to be everywhere and took the penalties very well, I'm glad he's our regular taker again. This was a captains performance from him and he really led from the front.

I was a bit unsure with Hagi out the 11 how creative we would be centrally but Arfield again was superb and his link up play today, for me, was superb. The second goal being the perfect example.

Kamara and Davis protected the back 4 very well today and we seemed much more a unit in defence than we did last week. I noticed a few times how we'd win our 1 v 1s out wide, leave no spaces centrally in the final third and it left Motherwell with no option but to play it back to defenders then our front 3 would press. Really good effort in that regard.

As for the two big changes I thought Bassey was pretty solid and was good going forward. I think his strength and athletic ability alongside Kent's skill could become a really nice balance down that side.

Jones was good and linked up well with Tav and actually, to my surprise, came inside more often than I was expecting but it really worked as he let Tav and even Davis get to the byline with some through balls at points. He took his goal really well.

For me Gerrard hasn't been good enough with the larger squad over the last year and we've suffered from it. I don't think Bassey or Jones are in any Rangers fans' first 11 but there is no reason why they can't come in a game here or a game there and have an impact as long as the the starting line up is still strong. Jones, in particular, has suffered from Gerrard's seeming dislike of players after a few games. If we were to let him go I think it would be silly not having another back-up.

Great to finally see Itten score. Both goals came from pure strikers instinct, the first was an absolute peach.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Stewart on BBC Sportscene - Both Rangers penalties should not have been given, Motherwell penalty should have been given.

Talking about how “a lot of people are annoyed by these decisions....”

FFS our first penalties in Scotland for how long?

"His hand was literally by his side, ridiculous decision"

-Michael Stewart

😂😂😂😂

20200927_194603.jpg

9 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

"His hand was literally by his side, ridiculous decision"

-Michael Stewart

😂😂😂😂

20200927_194603.jpg

He was adamant that this wasn’t a penalty. 

In his eyes the opposition defender has to be holding the ball in both hands for at least 5 seconds before it should even be considered a penalty for us. 

28BF4226-F8D2-433C-8DBA-493BF9B06BBA.png

Archived