Jump to content

Football Manager 2021


ForeverAndEver
 Share

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, aird said:

Screenshot of the Yugoslavia squad when you get a chance :lol:

I'm loading the game now as we speak. I've tried to build something similar before and I've given up, (no wonder, the guy estimates that he's spent over 2000 hours on it), but I did get to a point where I could test whether the Czechoslovakia, East Germany, Yugoslavia and Soviet nationality arrangements had worked and the midfield was like Rakitic, SMS, Matic, Pjanic, Modric, Brozovic :lol: 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Got back into my Rangers save recently, enjoying it but always fail in Europe. Bilbao beat me in the quarters of the Europa last season with a last minute goal to win in away goals, and went on to win it. Had a tough CL group this season but got through, need to beat Chelsea in the L16.

Had a bid of £50million for Mayo, who’s class. Sold Aribo for £20million to Arsenal, then he went to Celtic. 
 

Doidge and Brophy at Killie are machines :lol: 

Essandoh likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 22/08/2021 at 13:26, ForeverAndEver said:

Got back into my Rangers save recently, enjoying it but always fail in Europe. Bilbao beat me in the quarters of the Europa last season with a last minute goal to win in away goals, and went on to win it. Had a tough CL group this season but got through, need to beat Chelsea in the L16.

Had a bid of £50million for Mayo, who’s class. Sold Aribo for £20million to Arsenal, then he went to Celtic. 
 

Doidge and Brophy at Killie are machines :lol: 

Since saying this I’ve made the CL semi by beat Chelsea and Liverpool. Need to beat PSG who’ve already beat me twice this season 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 23/08/2021 at 23:48, ForeverAndEver said:

Since saying this I’ve made the CL semi by beat Chelsea and Liverpool. Need to beat PSG who’ve already beat me twice this season 

Patched my Rangers one the next season, beat Barca 3-1 in the first league, pumped 6-1 second leg :lol:

Started a Leicester save, not having a good time at all

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Finished 7th, board said it was shite but I’ll get next season, called another meeting saying they were slashing my wage budget, asked them not to, and gif the sack. Lovely.

I ended up at Leicester after leaving the Scottish national team. First season I struggled to keep my job, team was full of overpaid rubbish. 

So began a squad overhaul ended up 3rd in my 1st full season. So I've got champions league to look forward too:thumbsup:

ForeverAndEver likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, aird said:

I ended up at Leicester after leaving the Scottish national team. First season I struggled to keep my job, team was full of overpaid rubbish. 

So began a squad overhaul ended up 3rd in my 1st full season. So I've got champions league to look forward too:thumbsup:

The amount of injuries was scandalous as well.

esquire8 likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, aird said:

I had a boxing day game where 4 of my starters got longterm injuries. One was 9mths :ang:

I bought Sima from Slavia, guys amazing but gets an injury every other game. 

Don't know what's happened, maybe I missed it in the last update, but keeping players fit is next to impossible. 5 matches in a row will see them fucked regardless of natural fitness and stamina even with next to no physical training. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 23/09/2021 at 17:22, esquire8 said:

So FM21 with a couple of extra bits? 

Will still do the beta but at least they ain't getting any hopes up. If FM21 erros are fixed then it's all good.

Adding some graphs and making it seem like a huge feature is a bit worrying. They'll be enough little bits that'll make it an improvement. Just seems like £40 every season for features that could literally be added via a patch isn't worth it.

No doubt I'll still be getting it though :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Anyone able to recommend a decent laptop for this? 

I’d always played FM with a laptop that couldn’t really handle it and decided at the start of the lockdown to invest in one that’ll last me for years and years. This laptop might cost a fair bit but I have currently got all North American, South American, Asian and African leagues loaded in my game with a 5 star playable rating. When I click to load some European leagues on top of that it still suggests things will be fine - and that’s way over the 125,000 recommended player limit.

Couldn’t recommend it enough

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/gaming/pc-gaming/gaming-laptops/acer-nitro-5-15-6-gaming-laptop-intel-core-i5-gtx-1650-256-gb-ssd-10222264-pdt.html

As always though, triple check the specs for FM22. I only use the laptop for FM.

BridgeIsBlue likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 30/09/2021 at 17:13, BridgeIsBlue said:

Anyone able to recommend a decent laptop for this? 

https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/530852-fm21-new-pclaptop-advice-thread-please-read-opening-post-before-posting/

This is on the FM forums, pal. Two techy guys in there that do most of the recommendations for laptops to buy for whatever your budget is.

 

Finally getting to play FM again tonight for first time in few weeks. Finally reached Champions League Final with Zenit but we are up against Liverpool & Haaland :ang:

BridgeIsBlue likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 08/10/2021 at 14:18, Johnsey said:

https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/530852-fm21-new-pclaptop-advice-thread-please-read-opening-post-before-posting/

This is on the FM forums, pal. Two techy guys in there that do most of the recommendations for laptops to buy for whatever your budget is.

 

Finally getting to play FM again tonight for first time in few weeks. Finally reached Champions League Final with Zenit but we are up against Liverpool & Haaland :ang:

Went 1-0 up and controlling the game. 40th minute they get a penalty and ref sends off my defender. They proceed to batter me for next half hour but we hold on for 1-1. Extra time comes despite having 10 men for the large majority of the game, we go back ahead for 2-1. Winger then gets injured so we go down to 9 men (all subs used) and Liverpool manage two attacks both of which resulted in goals and we lose 3-2.

The most frustrating thing was despite changing the formation at 2-1 to not take risks, not bomb forward or anything, we concede the equaliser because we get forward with 5 guys in the box, fuck about with it and they literally smash a clearance up field which turns into a through ball for the equaliser.

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

My saves been getting me through a rough patch with my heed

Realised I’ve been playing the game for about 18 straight years now with every edition bought, plus some Champ Mans in to the bargain

Getting the logo tattooed on my face

Hope you’re all good mate

Essandoh likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

My saves been getting me through a rough patch with my heed

Realised I’ve been playing the game for about 18 straight years now with every edition bought, plus some Champ Mans in to the bargain

Getting the logo tattooed on my face

Hope you get over the rough patch bud.

Totally agree though, this game got me through some shit times in life. Picked it up in '98 and haven't stopped since. What a game.

Essandoh likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, esquire8 said:

Hope you get over the rough patch bud.

Totally agree though, this game got me through some shit times in life. Picked it up in '98 and haven't stopped since. What a game.

Fifa on the other hand is enough to send you to the edge :lol: 

Horse shit game year in year out with just enough satisfaction when it’s good to keep you coming back for more. It’s an abusive relationship.

ForeverAndEver and esquire8 like this
Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Fifa on the other hand is enough to send you to the edge :lol: 

Horse shit game year in year out with just enough satisfaction when it’s good to keep you coming back for more. It’s an abusive relationship.

Think this year will be the earliest a patch FIFA. WL kept me going but that’s fuck this year

Link to post
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Think this year will be the earliest a patch FIFA. WL kept me going but that’s fuck this year

Nearly sank the 50 quid for it the other day but I’ll continue playing Fifa 21 co-ops with my mate

Nearly 600 wins, miracle either of us have birds tbh

ForeverAndEver likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...