Football Manager 2021

ForeverAndEver

1 hour ago, Johnsey said:

I've bought every game in this series day of release since CM2 but really doubting I'll do it for the new one.

One of the "Headline Features" is adding new team talks. Literally feels like they are releasing an updated patch and want £30-40 for it.

Yeah they are scraping the barrel this time around. No doubt the pink added to the purple skin will also be classed as a new feature. 

As long as they fix the very annoying rating bug I'll be happy with it. Sad really.

There are plenty of places you can get it for just over £20. Can't remember the last time I paid that much for FM.

1 hour ago, esquire8 said:

Yeah they are scraping the barrel this time around. No doubt the pink added to the purple skin will also be classed as a new feature. 

As long as they fix the very annoying rating bug I'll be happy with it. Sad really.

There are plenty of places you can get it for just over £20. Can't remember the last time I paid that much for FM.

Yea good shout. I've seen it's on Game Pass for the PC this year from day one but means I don't get the 2 week beta version :lol:

Not sure how it works on Game Pass either in terms of editing - I usually have face packs, logo packs, data updates, data tweaks, name fixes etc all going on, so hopefully that'll still be available as I don't think you could do it on that Stadia version they released.

18 minutes ago, Johnsey said:

Yea good shout. I've seen it's on Game Pass for the PC this year from day one but means I don't get the 2 week beta version :lol:

Not sure how it works on Game Pass either in terms of editing - I usually have face packs, logo packs, data updates, data tweaks, name fixes etc all going on, so hopefully that'll still be available as I don't think you could do it on that Stadia version they released.

I've used shopto with a steam code for about 4 years now. You get the beta with that too for 25 notes. 

https://www.shopto.net/en/dwnld65016-football-manager-2022-p1151983/

Not sure how any other platforms work tbh.

I never buy the game when it’s first released. I usually have saves ongoing/unfinished in the previous version and see no point in just abandoning them for the sake of a new shiny skin when the game will be still be riddled with bugs.

January-March time and the price drops a fair whack 

8 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

I never buy the game when it’s first released. I usually have saves ongoing/unfinished in the previous version and see no point in just abandoning them for the sake of a new shiny skin when the game will be still be riddled with bugs.

January-March time and the price drops a fair whack 

Hardly say it's a new skin unless you really like pink on purple.

6 minutes ago, Johnsey said:

Anyone tried FM22 beta? 

Going to wait myself as I'll use Gamepass to get it, just hope it's as easy to apply all my graphics and real name fixes.

Was going to but after seeing the youtube videos last night im going to give it a miss for now. Probably wait until full release. 

47 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

We look pretty shite on this years fame. Some key players downgraded pretty hard, even after an unbeaten season :lol:

Always the same. Gave up complaining last year to SIs Scottish researcher who is a diehard tarrier. Then took it to one of the main data guys and he couldn't give less of a fuck if he tried. Still end up getting 15iar with us regardless.

4 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Always the same. Gave up complaining last year to SIs Scottish researcher who is a diehard tarrier. Then took it to one of the main data guys and he couldn't give less of a fuck if he tried. Still end up getting 15iar with us regardless.

Tbh i found that the baseline was stupidly high for us last year. I turn off the first transfer window every year and brought in £80m in transfer fees in the second season last year. As you say, you need to be almost trying to not win the league in the game right from the start tbh. Who knows, might make it more fun. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just bought the FM22 and i figured its not worth starting a new thread. 10 games in, lost vs Ross County for SC and managed to beat Celtic 2-1 and go top in PL. Also into the Group Stages of CL, beating RB Leipzig 4-3 on aggregate. Game looks ridiculously loaded with features and its like im doing my capacity forecast for our 130 trucks at work... My eyes are seriously tired after 2 hours. And back in the day i could go on for like 15 hours with FM12. 

I retweeted a page to win FM22 and somehow actually ended up winning it :lol:

Started with us and hardly any money (to be expected). 

Made a couple of signings, nothing major but I don't know if I just lucked out on the tactic I made but we have been almost unstoppable. 

Won 8 out of 8 in the league (including a 6-0 demolition of them). In the semi's of the League Cup and Champs League Group Stage (knocked out RB Salzburg 2-0 on agg). Group is Chelsea, R. Madrid and Porto. We lost 2-1 at Ibrox to Chelsea but were down to 10 men (fucking Lundstram) for majority of the game. Worst thing was Kante scored the winning by heading home a corner :lol: Went on to beat Porto 5-1 in the next game.

I swap out half the team most matches and still absolutely horse the opposition. 

6 hours ago, Johnsey said:

I retweeted a page to win FM22 and somehow actually ended up winning it :lol:

Started with us and hardly any money (to be expected). 

Made a couple of signings, nothing major but I don't know if I just lucked out on the tactic I made but we have been almost unstoppable. 

Won 8 out of 8 in the league (including a 6-0 demolition of them). In the semi's of the League Cup and Champs League Group Stage (knocked out RB Salzburg 2-0 on agg). Group is Chelsea, R. Madrid and Porto. We lost 2-1 at Ibrox to Chelsea but were down to 10 men (fucking Lundstram) for majority of the game. Worst thing was Kante scored the winning by heading home a corner :lol: Went on to beat Porto 5-1 in the next game.

I swap out half the team most matches and still absolutely horse the opposition. 

Goldson let Kante go at the corner probably.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Signed a shit hot 15 year old regen from Espanyol worth 42M-62M for 850k plus about a milion and a half in compensation :lol: 

I still think the game is too easy. My Rangers team, which doesnt have too many great players (although Kent has been phenomenal) have just won champs league, granted im happy with the team i've built.

I got liverpool in final who have pumped me 3 out of 4 times I've played them barring a 2-2 draw in the group stages earlier in the campaign. I beat Dortmund 4-3 and 2-1 in last 16, then Real Madrid lost 1-0 away and won 2-0 at Ibrox, Kent scored in first half. They got Casemiro sent off on 90th minute then Barisic scored a pen in ET. RB Leipzig in the semi's which, all things considered was a cracking draw and I signed Poulsen from them in January :lol: Was 3-0 up away from home in first leg before it finshed 4-2 and saw out a 0-0 at Ibrox where my defenders were the better performers. 

The final came down to two Poulsen goals, who told me before the game he didn't feel like he was good enough to play for Rangers :lol:. Liverpool were missing Fabino, Keita, Sane and Salah through injury and the only real dangerous replacements IMO were Jota. Poulsen headed in a corner on the 44th minute. Timewasting on at this point, its 90+2 and Borna and Kamara are fannying about in the corner only for Borna to whip a ball to the back post and Poulsen knocks it in again. 2-0. Then they go up the park and make it 2-1. I see it out and finally get the better of liverpool.