Football Manager 2021

ForeverAndEver

13 minutes ago, StewGer said:

I've always played the full fat version. I like to have control of all the little things, press conferences are a pain in the arse though so I delegate them to Gary Mac and he does a fine enough job.

Main thing for me is transfers and tactics. Touch has exactly the right balance without bogging you down.

I even like the simulate match feature where you can basically just click a button and it will auto complete the match in a couple of seconds. Great for the end of the season when you have won the league with a few weeks to spare.

3 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Main thing for me is transfers and tactics. Touch has exactly the right balance without bogging you down.

I even like the simulate match feature where you can basically just click a button and it will auto complete the match in a couple of seconds. Great for the end of the season when you have won the league with a few weeks to spare.

Aye I like that they have different versions to suit everyone. I might give Touch a try this year and see how it goes.

11 minutes ago, StewGer said:

Aye I like that they have different versions to suit everyone. I might give Touch a try this year and see how it goes.

Good thing is that you car fire through a season in a day. It does not suit everyone as some would rather spend a week on half a season, tinkering with all the training and taking the press conferences etc.

I have been playing touch for about the last 5 years, and just cant get into the full fat version.

The full game was released a week earlier than touch this year, and i decided to buy it knowing that I would get Touch on the day it was released as part of the main game. I fired up the full fat version and gave it a try but it was an absolute nightmare! That level of detail just bores me to tears. 

31 minutes ago, Mclean RFC said:

every year i buy the editor and put Rangers and celtic in the championship debt free. or with a little boost.

i just find the scottish league too easy. but the old firm in england has given me many amazing saves.

tav , goldson and barisic are class.

Y would u put Celtic debt free or a boost?wrong yin

After a couple of dominating years (inc Champs Leauge semi final) and a good start to this year, my last 2 games have been a bit of a cause for worry.

Got spanked 3-1 at Hamilton before saving a 4-4 draw away at Hibs. We'd conceded 1 in 7 before those games with a 100% win rate. No idea what went wrong all of a sudden. Wasn't like they were just taking their chances, they had a fair few. It was like all of a sudden after 2 seasons we could no longer defend balls over the top.

Also, Barrie McKay joined Hibs on mine :lol: ran the show against me the fucker.

2 hours ago, Paulie Walnuts said:

Kane Ritchie-Hosler and Nathan Young-Coombes in the reserves are fantastic. Ritchie-hosler got 20 goals and 20 assists for me in the season just gone. 

I'm looking forward to seeing how Tony Weston ends up, looks decent even at the start of the game.

15 hours ago, aird said:

I'm looking forward to seeing how Tony Weston ends up, looks decent even at the start of the game.

Weston, King and Dickson have looked good in my save. Patterson has good stats and is young but isn't developing like I'd hope.

14 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Probably wait until the big January fix before starting another bears 10iar save. Still too much stuff thats an issue for me long term. Having fun with Inter in the mean time.

I've been playing with Inter again this year. Find them a pain sometimes. Every time I play Atalanta they pump me :lol: 

Having to sell my whole team and rebuild every year is frustrating. Win the Scottish Prem - English clubs bid for all my players (if you reject they are furious and can't believe you won't sell them for £7m, even though you paid £12m to get them in) - Eventually relent when the bids get huge - Try to find a new first 11 that can do it all over again.

SI still need to sort the finances out in this game, they just explode after 1 season. Scottish clubs rejecting 8-9m for players just wouldn't happen.

I am enjoying it far more than 20 though, just about to sign Nketiah from Arsenal as West Ham keep throwing in bids for my starting pair Nmecha and Armstrong.

Does anyone bother with the backroom staff? I like to have former footballers or players that I have a soft spot for. Also have face packs in the game so the U18s get some tasty looking physios :lol:

Jan Wouters is my assistant at the moment. The plan was Kevin Thomson to step up but he went onto Scotland U21s, then a failed spell at Aberdeen and is now at Livi.

Got a bit bored of 8,9-10-0 wins. Not realistic and I'm not someone who usually creates a formation that dishes out tankings like that. 

Started unemployed with quite a few leagues loaded. Also have lower Scottish leagues. Got the job with Clydebank.

Looks really hard to get up the divisions as we have to win the league, followed by a play-off just to get into the Lowland League. We would then have to win that and 2 more play-offs to get into League 2.