Football Manager 2021

ForeverAndEver

14 hours ago, Johnsey said:

I've been offered the Aberdeen job. I'm trying to play realistic and think that as Arbroath manager, you'd accept that move. However, I fucking hate them and don't think I can bring myself to do it :lol:

I ended up at Aberdeen last year. Once I started beating us I resigned :lol:

55 minutes ago, aird said:

I ended up at Aberdeen last year. Once I started beating us I resigned :lol:

:lol:

I'm thinking about turning it down as I just don't think Aberdeen would offer the Arbroath manager the job based on being 5th in the Championship! Think my next step would be a St. Mirren, maybe Killie at a push.

Hearts sacked Neilson on mine and re-appointed Levein :lol:

On 23/01/2021 at 19:25, McEwan's Lager said:

I'm playing a 4-4-2 with Itten and Roofe in a partnership and they are fucking unreal. 

Itten is 8 goals in 10 in the league, while Roofe is 8 in 9.

Just after I posted this went into first OF game of the season. We were 10 from 10 and had only conceded 3 goals and had scored 34. Ryan Jack got sent off after 5 minutes for going through someone and I got beat 2-1. Absolutely raging, haven't played it since :lol: 

11 hours ago, Johnsey said:

:lol:

I'm thinking about turning it down as I just don't think Aberdeen would offer the Arbroath manager the job based on being 5th in the Championship! Think my next step would be a St. Mirren, maybe Killie at a push.

Hearts sacked Neilson on mine and re-appointed Levein :lol:

To be fair if you're doing that well with a part time mob they might.

13 hours ago, aird said:

Just got it with that other link last night. Standard. Barely got to play it and was gonna put it off to today 😂

I ended up turning down Aberdeen as just didn't fancy that move. Still like the idea of jumping ship to a bigger club, though.

My board at Arbroath aren't the best financially. We went professional and they gave me my budgets (of which I'm still well under, £7k a week under on wage budget alone!) but we've gone from a club turning a small profit each week to one that is not nearly £500k in the red in 6 months :lol:

Currently sitting 4th in the Championship after 22 games. St. Mirren and Dundee are miles out in front.

I may have mentioned before that we made our record transfer this season, a striker from League 1 or 2 in England. Our biggest earner as well. He failed to score in his first 7 games, missed a penalty and got injured for 4 months. He's just come back, played 5 mins and is out for another 2 weeks!

Reminds me of CM01/02 I think it was, I spent mega money brining Juan Carlos Valeron to Rangers to take us to the next level and he turned in 6.00 performances every single week until I sold him :lol:

21 hours ago, RD.1872 said:

image.thumb.png.39d5e086ebcefa097faaae2ba1b03b94.png

I sold McCrorie in my save. I usually make him my 1st choice after a season or 2, but I don't think he gets as good as he used to.

Plus I bought Raya from Brentford, and he's only 26, so McCrorie wouldn't get a look in.

1 hour ago, aird said:

I sold McCrorie in my save. I usually make him my 1st choice after a season or 2, but I don't think he gets as good as he used to.

Plus I bought Raya from Brentford, and he's only 26, so McCrorie wouldn't get a look in.

I always keep him around for the HG quota. He's usally happy at being backup to a more quality keeper.

Stevie comparing him to Pat Nevin in that screenshot did make me laugh though :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, lewislaudrup said:

Need a new HOYD for us any ideas?

Could get anyone and it wouldn't really matter in this years game. They've increased the randomness of the youth intake so that even if you have the best HoYD and have the best facilities and coaching you still will probably end up with shite. 

I've got Brian Klug at Newcastle in my save who is decent on paper but if you can get a regen HoYD staff then they always have the best attributes, personality, tactics etc.

On 09/01/2021 at 11:52, Johnsey said:

Yea it's an add-on some lad creates each year. Shame they haven't at least included Lowland and Highland leagues officially, they are good fun. 

My mate is the keeper for East Stirlingshire and his brothers the manager, good Rangers men, an ex army pal of mine also plays with the bankies

28 minutes ago, wully said:

Laptop is fucked need to get a new one, when i install steam will my saved games still be there?

Did you save to your computer or to the cloud? If you don't know then it'll be on the computer. Is the laptop completely fucked or can you still transfer files to a usb stick?

24 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Did you save to your computer or to the cloud? If you don't know then it'll be on the computer. Is the laptop completely fucked or can you still transfer files to a usb stick?

Fucked to the point it doesn't allow me to put in my password.

Was more for my Bolton save on FM 20.

On 09/01/2021 at 12:28, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Done my first save with us and won the league, only dropping 4 points. Would have won the treble if I didn't play my reserves in the Betfred Cup. The Scottish league is far too easy.

Tried a new save with Derby and won the Championship but look like going straight back down this season. The new EU/Brexit rules have absolutely killed the fun of being able to go out and try and get all the wonderkids. Unless it's a fully established international you don't get work permits for anyone :lol:

Relegated with Derby. Had agreed to take the Fiorentina job over at the end of the season around February and didn't realise this meant I couldn't resign and wouldn't be sacked because of the compensation so had to see it out :lol:

Finished 6th in my first season in Serie A and won the league and Europa League in the 2nd season albeit the league was won with a ridiculously low points total. Got frustrated at the lack of movement with transfers. Kept getting lowball offers when trying to move on players and ended up leaving in pre season to takeover Lyon.

Don't see me winning the title with them any time soon as PSG are relentless with a front 3 of Mbappe, Haaland and Neymar plus a 36/37 year old Messi still in their squad too.

Still say the game seems a bit too easy this year though.

14 hours ago, CR3 said:

Just got this Xbox edition, anyone got it on that? My PC is shite, that would have been the preferred platform to play on but 2020 didn’t run the best tbh

Got it but can't get into it, never been a big fan of console manager sims but going from 2020 on pc straight to this probably didn't help and the fact there are a couple of games I am already playing through means this has suddenly went to the bottom of the pile, will need to start a new one and try again but.

Been playing Dead by Daylight with pals every night at the moment so not had too much time to carry on my save :lol:

I left Arbroath for struggling Motherwell (mainly because Allan Campbell was still in their team) and joined a side that were well over their budget but hardly had much of a squad. Brought in my striker O'Connell from Arbroath and after an OK start we started to slip down the table. Missed the top 6 but won every game after the split to seal 7th place.

We got to the final of the Scottish Cup against all odds. Knocked out Rangers and celtic in replays and played Aberdeen in the final who had pipped us to 6th. They started with an outrageous young striker that had only had 4 professional games before that for them. Tore me apart and scored twice as they beat us 2-1.

Just about into July ahead of the new season and recruited Jack Grimmer, Cameron MacPherson and Callum Hendry for some squad depth.

Got a young centre back called Sam Campbell who is quality in the game. Brentford triggered his £6m release clause but he rejected the move. I'm hoping if he stays I can build the squad around the Campbell's at the club - Dean, Sam and Allan :lol: