*****The Official Rangers v Galatasaray Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MattyBlue said:

Only Turan out due to illness is all iv read 

Actually Saracchi, Muslera and Akbaba are also missing which are all important players in Gala's squad. Akbaba and Muslera were injured last season but Saracchi's recent injury is a significant handicap for Gala (His absence was quite noticable against Fenerbahçe last sunday). In Gala's attacking strategy, both left and right midfielders are tend to use half spaces almost like play-makers rather than wingers, therefore it's quite important for our backs to constantly support the offense with their sprints at the wings. Saracchi is perfect for this role as a great sprinter and Gala will miss his energy in the left back for sure, since his substitute, Linnes (even though he is a decent player) is not left-footed, therefore, not as efficient with using the left wing as Saracchi in the offense.

33 minutes ago, blueballss said:

strangely non plus regards tomorrow at this stage, hoping for a Kiev, Parma, PSV performance, dreading an Unirea Urziceni feeling

I’m genuinely confident as fuck we’ll put in a match winning performance, don’t know if that’s a bad thing though... 

26 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Dont know what to expect.. Will get the usual nerves on and crack open a couple of beers. Like Gerrard said.. we respect them, but we fear nobody!

Oddly for such a lover and consumer of beer I never drink any during games. Even OF i just dont odd I know but will be on the water or whatever until 21:30 and then pile into the Zubr.

3 minutes ago, badjon said:

Oddly for such a lover and consumer of beer I never drink any during games. Even OF i just dont odd I know but will be on the water or whatever until 21:30 and then pile into the Zubr.

I usually say to myself.. one beer pr half.. somehow it just accelerates... end up pished in 90 mins :lol: @Rfc52 will testify... I dont drink much....

2 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

I usually say to myself.. one beer pr half.. somehow it just accelerates... end up pished in 90 mins :lol: @Rfc52 will testify... I dont drink much....

Years ago I was on it at the crack of dawn on on OF or Aberdeen etc now I dont bother to be fair I used to get into some states. I can still do the all do boozing no bother but I just don't. No reason atall why it ended. I remember years ago I took my partner and her mate to the old London RSC in Smithfield at 10 AM for a 12PM kick off and I was sloshed by KO as were they with all the guys buying them drinks and what not, can't even remember leaving never mind getting home, bare in mind that's a 45 minute journey:whistle:

10 minutes ago, badjon said:

Years ago I was on it at the crack of dawn on on OF or Aberdeen etc now I dont bother to be fair I used to get into some states. I can still do the all do boozing no bother but I just don't. No reason atall why it ended. I remember years ago I took my partner and her mate to the old London RSC in Smithfield at 10 AM for a 12PM kick off and I was sloshed by KO as were they with all the guys buying them drinks and what not, can't even remember leaving never mind getting home, bare in mind that's a 45 minute journey:whistle:

Oaft mate.. I could tell you some stories as well, but.. :pipe: 

I don't think we'll manage to beat Galatasary. But it doesn't worry me.

I thought Feyenoord would win both group games last season and didn't think we had a chance against Braga.

I guess it's taking me a while to realise how good we are in Europe

4 hours ago, ZZed said:

Driving up to Glasgow for a funeral and then driving all the way back down today. Will probably miss the match, so people have to get sloshed on my behalf.

i work most nights Rangers are on. just do what i do, get the match up on your phone (either legit or through vipleague or something), connect your phones audio to the car (be it Aux or bluetooth if your cars fancy) least you can listen to it instead of some shite tunes all the way home.

25 minutes ago, RoboBear said:

I don't think we'll manage to beat Galatasary. But it doesn't worry me.

I thought Feyenoord would win both group games last season and didn't think we had a chance against Braga.

I guess it's taking me a while to realise how good we are in Europe

Galatasaray aren't what they used to be and we are a pretty decent European side.

I'd actually be disappointed if we can't beat them tonight. Which is quite incredible given the fact we aren't long back in European football

Archived