*****The Official Rangers v Galatasaray Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Galatasaray aren't what they used to be and we are a pretty decent European side.

I'd actually be disappointed if we can't beat them tonight. Which is quite incredible given the fact we aren't long back in European football

Was looking at our records with other Countries in Europe .Weirdly we have great records against Portuguese and Russian clubs in Europe .The pitiful ones as you would expect to see against Italy and Spain .

Was shocked to see our record is under 25% win rate against Turkish sides .

And our most least favourable nation is Greece with 12% .Which is astonishing 

Hopefully we can start improving these stats tonight 

12 hours ago, GalaFan said:

Actually Saracchi, Muslera and Akbaba are also missing which are all important players in Gala's squad. Akbaba and Muslera were injured last season but Saracchi's recent injury is a significant handicap for Gala (His absence was quite noticable against Fenerbahçe last sunday). In Gala's attacking strategy, both left and right midfielders are tend to use half spaces almost like play-makers rather than wingers, therefore it's quite important for our backs to constantly support the offense with their sprints at the wings. Saracchi is perfect for this role as a great sprinter and Gala will miss his energy in the left back for sure, since his substitute, Linnes (even though he is a decent player) is not left-footed, therefore, not as efficient with using the left wing as Saracchi in the offense.

How much for a #1 cut?

1 minute ago, TheFamousPigeon said:

That was an anachronistic match though.

Temporal confusion for the players.

"Is it last season? Is it this season?" 

Plus the weirdest atmosphere i've ever experienced at a match at Ibrox given covid was just starting to rear it's head. 

On 27/09/2020 at 14:27, mitre_mouldmaster said:

VJtO19cqg-zp3wuDuOwqAg_96x96.png vs TWjoccvTU4JXZJZ3aW3cVg_96x96.png

Venue : Ibrox

Date : Thursday, 1st Oct 2020 19:45 KO

Rangers Form : WWDWW

Galatasaray Form : DWWWW 

Rangers Team News : TBC

Galatasaray Team News : TBC

TV Coverage : Available to buy on Rangers TV

I'm confident Rangers can win this. I predict 2-1 with Hagi and Morelos to score.

Got my prediction for last week's one totally wrong. Thought it would be a lot closer than it was tbh. 

Do think today will be close if we stand off them. If we play our fast pressing game then I think we win 2-0. They have an ageing team so we need to capitalise on that. 

Experienced to hell, but don't let them play. If they go ahead of will be difficult for us. 

I have a feeling we might see Jones retain his place, Hagi may come off the bench. I know Jack is back, but Arfield has to retain his place. 

12 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I'm confident Rangers can win this. I predict 2-1 with Hagi and Morelos to score.

It just has that feeling tonight that it could be a special performance.

Who would have thought even two years ago we would be going into a game with Galatasaray with a real chance of winning? 

1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

BBC are reporting that Kamara is injured for this game apparently. Fuck all from the club but so doubt it.

I think they may have got it mixed up with Roofe as Gerrard said "Kemar" is injured.

Really hope he is fit regardless.

Archived