*****The Official Rangers v Galatasaray Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

I see FC Midtjylland have qualified for the Champions League group stages.  Hard to believe a team we put out of the Europa Group qualifiers last year are now considered a Champions League team.  

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, TMB said:

I see FC Midtjylland have qualified for the Champions League group stages.  Hard to believe a team we put out of the Europa Group qualifiers last year are now considered a Champions League team.  

We would've easily qualified for the champions league if we didn't make a fucking mess of it from January. Next season when theres us and the tarriers I still expect we would get to the group stages.

1 hour ago, TMB said:

Thought we looked a much better side than them over two legs as well. 

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

Easily? Not quite sure about that mate!

Midtjylland got lucky with the draw and even then the scoreline last night did not reflect the actual game. The VAR retake of the penalty for them to go 2-1 changed the whole game completely late on.

We would have been unseeded and could have drawn Salzburg or Olympiakos which over two legs is a very difficult tie. 

Have every confidence in this team in Europe. Its domestically I always fear.

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

Hopefully another good run this season to improve our own coefficient which could be very helpful in qualifying in the next few years. 

A good run and a bad run for the Ukrainian teams would see scotland get automatic qualification and a 2 round qualifying. Massive difference to the shambles the tarriers, sheep etc got this nation in when were down.

I wouldn't be overly surprised if Jack starts tonight. He is built for games like this. His performance away to Porto was one of his best in a Rangers shirt.

Personally I wouldn't do it. It's too big of a risk and I would not know who to drop.

But Gerrard trusts him.

13 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

Hopefully we keep the same team from Sunday. Looking forward to knocking these cunts out!! 

:UK: :UK: :UK:

We'll make changes mate. I can see Barasic and Hagi in for Bassey and Jones. 

I think it will be a hard game but we'll get the job done :thumbup:

3 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

Itten injured but Jack and Barker (I know, I know!) available again.

I expect:

McGregor

Tav, Goldson, Helander, Barisic 

Jack, Davis, Kamara

Hagi, Kent

Morelos

Arfield, Bassey and Jones drop to bench imo.

I'd be tempted to give Bassey a shot at them, I don't think he'd show any fear and like Barker and Jones has a positive run at the opposition attitude, wins fouls, wins penalties, wins games.

Whoever we put out tonight I hope they play like their season depends on it.

I'd make 2 changes for this game, Jones and Bassey on the bench for Hagi and Barisic. 

I believe Jones can make a better impact from the bench in this type of game and Hagi may have benefited from being dropped in the last game.

Close game but going 2-1 Rangers.

Archived