*****The Official Rangers v Galatasaray Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What Gerard has done for us over 3 years in Europe is quite remarkable. Proud supporter again tonight and can look forward to the draw tomorrow. Don’t care who we get would love glamour tie with one of the elites. Hopefully we go and buy a few players and then push celtic for the league. For me anything In Europe is a bonus we must focus on the league. I would be keeping players fresh for the Sunday and having our fringe players on a Thursday.

12 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

Not that you will know it tomorrow on the back pages, but hey, we did good tonight.

I actually said that to my husband. It’ll be Rangers win against weakened  opposition and the tramps were sensational against a team nobody has ever heard of! 

1 minute ago, TMB said:

Have a look at the teams in pots 1 and 2.  We're better, or at least a match for many of them.  As long as we miss the really big clubs there's no reason why we can't reach the knockouts again.

You have just reinforced my point, however it is a bit too much of an assumption for me that we are better or at least a match for many of them, some of them yes, but still some great teams that would be a major test for us. I repeat though, the great thing is, whoever we get, the reaction amongst them when they see us come out of the bowl against them, will be, aw shit.

To qualify three years in a row is outstanding and we have beaten some top notch clubs on the way.It’s time this team starts to believe in themselves and start to brush the no mark hammer throwers in our pathetic wee league away

Just now, GlasgowRangers1983 said:

What Gerard has done for us over 3 years in Europe is quite remarkable. Proud supporter again tonight and can look forward to the draw tomorrow. Don’t care who we get would love glamour tie with one of the elites. Hopefully we go and buy a few players and then push celtic for the league. For me anything In Europe is a bonus we must focus on the league. I would be keeping players fresh for the Sunday and having our fringe players on a Thursday.

This. Gerrard has put us back in the limelight. We just need the league and he comes a major success if not instant legend.

10 minutes ago, EastEnclosureBear said:

Gave them cheap free kicks all night. That’s only thing that annoyed me 

I think all refs annoy me mate .Yet I will guarantee one of the Scottish ones would have given a pen against us for the one they claimed for .I thought he was decent but week in week out we see terrible refereeing ..Happy as fuck tonight though .
Can’t wait for the draw now 

Where’s Rangers No 1 with all the permutations .He is usually shit hot at laying out all that stuff for us 

And bring on the scum next week .

5 minutes ago, GlasgowRangers1983 said:

Night and Day different .Quite bizarre 

Outstanding success in 3 years in Europe compared to the domestic form .Watching SG tonight though .He was told in no uncertain terms from Souness .Trophies have to be won .End of 

Just now, kanjo said:

bit early I know but... roughly what is needed to see us seeded for playoffs next year? We surely cannot be far?

1st & 2nd should be in the CL qualifiers next season, the fact that we and THEM won tonight, plus any positive results in the group stages this season should put Scotland into the top 15 at least.

Archived