*****The Official Rangers v Galatasaray Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

40 minutes ago, Broxi said:

They will be genuine Turkish Gala fans. It's never happened with fans signing up when we've played other teams if it was just scum fans but the Turkish fanbases are huge and are known for spamming every single mention of them on the internet. Like on twitter whenever any player is mentioned with being linked with a move away from a club there's a running joke it just gets spammed with "Come to Besiktas" tweets from mental (and kinda sad tbh) Turkish fans. No surprise they are also coming on here. Fans from here do it all the time to other teams when we're linked to their players etc

Genuine fan that refers to his team as they?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, Broxi said:

They will be genuine Turkish Gala fans. It's never happened with fans signing up when we've played other teams if it was just scum fans but the Turkish fanbases are huge and are known for spamming every single mention of them on the internet. Like on twitter whenever any player is mentioned with being linked with a move away from a club there's a running joke it just gets spammed with "Come to Besiktas" tweets from mental (and kinda sad tbh) Turkish fans. No surprise they are also coming on here. Fans from here do it all the time to other teams when we're linked to their players etc

It’s been happening the last couple of season fans of European opponents signing up posting shite.  

Or weirdos pretending to be fans of other clubs. 

20 minutes ago, saynotoracism said:

Tavs is in my top 3 in Rangers. Very good player. He'll have to deal with Turan or Babel -- they're not quick as they used to be but still... Gala's newest RB Omar is also quite good. Not as good as Tavs offensively, but better in defense and team play IMO. 

You meant Barisic? His competition from Croatian national team is playing for a weak team (relegation side) in Turkish league. Gala's top LB is on loan from Leipzig and better than Barisic IMO. But he's likely to miss this clash due to injury. Replacement LBs are OKish. But it's also likely Rangers attacks better from left-side due to lack of offensive press from their AMR (Feghouli)

The fact that you say that Turan and Babel aren't as fast as they used to be is a weakness. 

Tavs is on fire just now. Players who used to have a good career won't phase him. Can't put a good tackle into a man who has ran past you.

I think our pacy players such as Tavs and Kent and even Jones will cause them problems.

I think it will be a close game and that we will win it by a single counter attacking goal or a set piece.

Looking forwards to beating them.

30 minutes ago, saynotoracism said:

Tavs is in my top 3 in Rangers. Very good player. He'll have to deal with Turan or Babel -- they're not quick as they used to be but still... Gala's newest RB Omar is also quite good. Not as good as Tavs offensively, but better in defense and team play IMO. 

You meant Barisic? His competition from Croatian national team is playing for a weak team (relegation side) in Turkish league. Gala's top LB is on loan from Leipzig and better than Barisic IMO. But he's likely to miss this clash due to injury. Replacement LBs are OKish. But it's also likely Rangers attacks better from left-side due to lack of offensive press from their AMR (Feghouli)

Uppa Greece volunteers

9 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

The fact that you say that Turan and Babel aren't as fast as they used to be is a weakness

Tavs is on fire just now. Players who used to have a good career won't phase him. Can't put a good tackle into a man who has ran past you.

I think our pacy players such as Tavs and Kent and even Jones will cause them problems.

I think it will be a close game and that we will win it by a single counter attacking goal or a set piece.

Looking forwards to beating them.

Of course. They're both 33.

So far Babel started in EL qualifications while Turan only played some minutes in local league. While Turan almost missed last 2 seasons of professional football, he's always been very effective with tackles and interceptions, which means he used to be impactful on the defensive side although he's an attacker. AFAIK that was one of the main reasons Simeone picked him from Turks back in the day

3 minutes ago, saynotoracism said:

Of course. They're both 33.

So far Babel started in EL qualifications while Turan only played some minutes in local league. While Turan almost missed last 2 seasons of professional football, he's always been very effective with tackles and interceptions, which means he used to be impactful on the defensive side although he's an attacker. AFAIK that was one of the main reasons Simeone picked him from Turks back in the day

So what is your prediction? 

I will go for 1 nil to us. Kent or Tavs to score.

2 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

So what is your prediction? 

I will go for 1 nil to us. Kent or Tavs to score.

Still not sure of about their rotation for this game, but I generally expect a game similar to this (re: stats) https://www.sofascore.com/basaksehirk-galatasaray/llbsLlb 

Considering GKs and midfielders or both teams are not top notch, I also expect over 2.5 goals.

The team scoring the first goal will likely qualify. Gala never faced a comeback when Marcão - Luyindama played together.

17 minutes ago, saynotoracism said:

Still not sure of about their rotation for this game, but I generally expect a game similar to this (re: stats) https://www.sofascore.com/basaksehirk-galatasaray/llbsLlb 

Considering GKs and midfielders or both teams are not top notch, I also expect over 2.5 goals.

The team scoring the first goal will likely qualify. Gala never faced a comeback when Marcão - Luyindama played together.

Our keeper is exceptional 

39 minutes ago, saynotoracism said:

That's not a prediction.

Give me a scoreline and we will see which of us is closest.

1 hour ago, saynotoracism said:

Btw I missed the keepers not being top notch. We have more clean sheets than a hotel on furlough.:craphead:

11 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Btw I missed the keepers not being top notch. We have more clean sheets than a hotel on furlough.:craphead:

Do you see McGregor starting? If I'm not mistaken he had an unfortunate season in Besiktas back in the day. That's not a GK you want to have with Falcao 1vs1. Can Gala make dangerous possessions for Falcao, that I am not sure as well... The team averaged xGs around 3 until Fenerbache derby 

21 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

So why should we be worried over a team that can't even qualify for europe??? I'm certainly not

You will see the why in Thursday. Honestly I'd expect a game like this in last 32 or 16, so I'm blaming UEFA for wasting such a game for EL playoffs :)

Expect a celtic vs. Rangers type of game, and I see both teams are close to score so I predicted over 2.5 goals.

56 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Galatasary will play full 11, wont be rotation.

For sure. I said it in the context of Tavs vs. Turan/Babel since I think it will change the type of game we'll see. Turan is only good for 45-60 mins, and effective for suppressing opposite back. Babel is no use for that, but he has other qualities. If Babel/Feghouli starts as attacking wings, Tavs/Barisic will look more effective as @Drunk and disorderly. pointed out.

Falcao is the EL top scorer (30 goals, 31 games) among active players, but he never played any EL minutes for Gala. Thursday will be the first time.

35 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

That's not a prediction.

Give me a scoreline and we will see which of us is closest.

Let's do this when we have the squad list. I'd bet on Rangers at Ibrox with fans anyways, but I don't have much clue how Rangers play at home without fans at key games.

2 minutes ago, saynotoracism said:

Do you see McGregor starting? If I'm not mistaken he had an unfortunate season in Besiktas back in the day. That's not a GK you want to have with Falcao 1vs1. Can Gala make dangerous possessions for Falcao, that I am not sure as well... The team averaged xGs around 3 until Fenerbache derby 

You will see the why in Thursday. Honestly I'd expect a game like this in last 32 or 16, so I'm blaming UEFA for wasting such a game for EL playoffs :)

Expect a celtic vs. Rangers type of game, and I see both teams are close to score so I predicted over 2.5 goals.

For sure. I said it in the context of Tavs vs. Turan/Babel since I think it will change the type of game we'll see. Turan is only good for 45-60 mins, and effective for suppressing opposite back. Babel is no use for that, but he has other qualities. If Babel/Feghouli starts as attacking wings, Tavs/Barisic will look more effective as @Drunk and disorderly. pointed out.

Falcao is the EL top scorer (30 goals, 31 games) among active players, but he never played any EL minutes for Gala. Thursday will be the first time.

Let's do this when we have the squad list. I'd bet on Rangers at Ibrox with fans anyways, but I don't have much clue how Rangers play at home without fans at key games.

McGregor is a top notch player for us (he will play on Thursday). To say he is crap as you did earlier is insane.

If anything he plays better in big matches. Win, lose or draw he will make great saves (assuming they get a shot on target).

Anyhow. You are supposedly a scout, but are scared to predict a scoreline. Cowardly imo.

Hope that Shagger gets motm to prove you know fuck all about him 

As most people agree, Galatasaray's best player is Falcao.  

I have watched their game against Hajduk and Fenerbahce and had a look at the highlights of league games and I agree their centre back Ludiyama is a unit... but they look far from unbeatable. 

It will be an interesting test. It really is a shame this is a one leg qualifier and not group stage. 

Archived