Bassey

caps13gb

Got to love the super scouts on the forum...Bassey has played the equivalent of less that 4 full games and folk have moved him to midfield, made him a left winger, are selling him for millions or keeping him as a Champions League regular. 

😂😂

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, bluchoo said:

Got to love the super scouts on the forum...Bassey has played the equivalent of less that 4 full games and folk have moved him to midfield, made him a left winger, are selling him for millions or keeping him as a Champions League regular. 

😂😂

Rangers fans with an opinion on a Rangers player on a Rangers forum. 

Whatever next? 

For somebody that had no first team football before he came hes done amazingly well .

When he comes on now you have a belief that he’s going to do well ,First few games it was a bit worrying .We just need to wait to see how good he’s actually going to get to be .

Good piece of business 

1 hour ago, bluchoo said:

😂😂

Despite the fact no one has said anything close to any of what you just said.

1 hour ago, Swally said:

has he ever let us down? i'm struggling to think of a time he has.

There was a couple of times preseason where he was caught out of position or misread a high ball which made me a bit nervous. Since then I don’t think he’s put a foot wrong and I think he’s great cover for Borna. 

All the more impressive when you realise he’s only 19 and inexperienced. 

He’ll be some player when he fills out physically.........

2 minutes ago, scotty1976 said:

There was a couple of times preseason where he was caught out of position or misread a high ball which made me a bit nervous. Since then I don’t think he’s put a foot wrong and I think he’s great cover for Borna. 

:lol: 

The competition with Barasic should also push him right on as well. It can be quite difficult getting quality left-sided players but we've been a bit lucky, nothing against tav, but it's arguably our strongest side.

4 hours ago, scotty1976 said:

Was going to say this too, got caught under the ball once or twice but as you say been absolutely dependable at the back and often very dangerous going forward. Big fan of his now

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/11/2020 at 06:02, glasgow argyle said:

Although our midfield is performing well and we have good options on the bench,  I could see Bassey as a left sided midfielder if we hit a run of injuries, suspensions, loss of form,  that could be a real solid replacement in a worse case scenario 

I got a little bit of stick for this suggestion,  it gave me a wry smile when some posters after last nights criticism of S.G. not using subs , had suggested bringing on him on to replace Kent. Our midfield was stretched a bit for cover last night due to injuries to jack ,aribo and Zungu, so for the many who said we don't need any more cover in midfield as I said it's a long season and there was bound to be injuries and we have not had any suspensions So Far.

On 09/11/2020 at 12:58, Swally said:

:lol: 

The competition with Barasic should also push him right on as well. It can be quite difficult getting quality left-sided players but we've been a bit lucky, nothing against tav, but it's arguably our strongest side.

I like the phrase left sided players , don't want too many left footers around the place 

1 hour ago, glasgow argyle said:

I got a little bit of stick for this suggestion,  it gave me a wry smile when some posters after last nights criticism of S.G. not using subs , had suggested bringing on him on to replace Kent. Our midfield was stretched a bit for cover last night due to injuries to jack ,aribo and Zungu, so for the many who said we don't need any more cover in midfield as I said it's a long season and there was bound to be injuries and we have not had any suspensions So Far.

i thought he should have been brought on in the last 20 mins last night his pace and strenth would have been a big help in a tiring midfiels you could see our 3 midfielders who all put in a great shift were struggling

6 hours ago, glasgow argyle said:

You wanted Bassey on as part of a front 3???

25 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

You wanted Bassey on as part of a front 3???

No, my original post was that in a stop gap situation, Bassey could slot into left midfield if we were struggling with injuries etc, some posters in benfica thread suggested him to replace a tiring Kent 

2 minutes ago, glasgow argyle said:

No, my original post was that in a stop gap situation, Bassey could slot into left midfield if we were struggling with injuries etc, some posters in benfica thread suggested him to replace a tiring Kent 

Think we have plenty of options before thinking about Bassey as one of the midfield three 

8 hours ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Think we have plenty of options before thinking about Bassey as one of the midfield three 

Other than 3 young untested players on the bench on Thursday,  our choice for midfielders  as subs was Barker, Hagi or Stewart,  due to injuries , therefore imo Bassey could and perhaps should have been used late in the game,  I could understand Barker replacing Kent , but although losing a 2 goal lead against them twice was a bitter pill to swallow I think we should be content that we can still win the group but I have a nagging doubt that we will finish second which is still a worthy achievement,  put simply I trust S.G., knowledge of team selection and use or lack of use of substitutes better than my judgement or any other posters,  but of course I believe on a fans forum everyone is entitled to their opinion .

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Think Borna has looked a bit leggy in the last few games. Unsurprising given what's been asked of our full backs.

Hopefully Shirley gets the full 90 tomorrow and possibly even starts on Thursday.

I fully expect Bassey to start v falkirk, if he doesn't that will surprise me 

Archived