Penalty - hand ball in the box

shotstopper

I know we were awarded 2 penalties today for handball but what is going on now is ridiculous. Just seen Newcastle been given one which is just outrageous. Added to the penalties given yesterday and Roy Hodgson's outburst what do we all think. OK or time for a rethink?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Rules are shite, but they are still the rules.

Wish folk like Walker would learn the rules rather than spout off shite about it not being deliberate as if that's even relevant any more.

it was embarrassing, they are hardly new unspoken rules. Any football fan should know the big changes in the last year, walker didn't.

23 minutes ago, shotstopper said:

I know we were awarded 2 penalties today for handball but what is going on now is ridiculous. Just seen Newcastle been given one which is just outrageous. Added to the penalties given yesterday and Roy Hodgson's outburst what do we all think. OK or time for a rethink?

If ours when pens then Dier’s was as well. Ours were, and so was Dier’s. 

2 minutes ago, SPWF said:

If ours when pens then Dier’s was as well. Ours were, and so was Dier’s. 

To my mind, ball to hand is not a penalty, whereas hand to ball is a penalty. The way it was when I played many years ago. These rule changes have not been for the better of the game.

28 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Agreed .Stupid new rules .Would not have been happy if our pens were given against us today .And there’s  was a pen for me .We can’t have it both ways .First time in yonks ,we got the decisions .Guess that’s it for another season 

They would and should be given against us. 

Ref applying the rules effectively is all that has happened with the two penalties we got, regardless of how we'd feel in their shoes.

To be honest I think the current rules are much more simple than when a ref had to decide if a handball was intentional or not. Can understand why people don’t like them though but it doesn’t change the fact that they are the rules and the pens today were correct.

Not sure how a moron like walker can be a pundit when he clearly doesn’t understand the rules, although I can guarantee more of lawells media puppets will be out over the next few days with their ‘outrage’ and intimidation tactics to ensure enough pressure that no ref gives a pen for us again for a while.

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

"His hand was literally by his side, ridiculous decision"

- Michael Stewart 

20200927_194603.jpg

Why am I not surprised that the bitter twisted Stewart had to argue against us?! Sad pathetic man. 

Did they have a good moan that Aberdeen got 2 penalties today?!

2 minutes ago, AdzKyle said:

Why am I not surprised that the bitter twisted Stewart had to argue against us?! Sad pathetic man. 

Still showing that. Him and maloney said neither Rangers penalty was justified. Partly because they don't like the new rules 😳

7 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Still showing that. Him and maloney said neither Rangers penalty was justified. Partly because they don't like the new rules 😳

11 minutes ago, AdzKyle said:

Saying both justified (which they were)

I’m relaxed about the rules as long as they are applied consistently and fairly. It’s the discretion that causes the problem. Refs are free to apply that discretion and the VAR idiots hide behind their anonymity to do what they want.

The de gea penalty retake in Man U v palace seems unfair but it was correct. Problem now is if a keeper advances even an inch off his line it needs to be retaken ( if missed). If they start allowing some and not others we are all screwed. The downside is if it is applied rigidly we may have seen our last ever missed penalty. 

Archived