This Hagi Myth

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Involved in 6 goals home and abroad - 762 minutes played. 

Kent - 10 in 816

Morelos - 8 in 620

Tavernier - 10 in 941

Not bad for a boy who hasn't even played 20 full games for us yet, eh? :whistle:

Impact player. 

But like most young, foreign players will need a full season before we see the best of him as he adapts to this weird league played at 100mph. 

What does “involved” mean?

”If you’re not interfering with play, you shouldn’t be on the pitch”

All this “assists” pish rips my knitting.

Goalscorers, nothing else.

Does the Motherwell players whose head the ball skimmed off before skelping big George get an “assist”?

:lol:

Gies peace.

Much like Morelos, I think it speaks volumes that he's often not been at his best but still contributing. Hibs away, Dundee United at home are two that jump out.

It's good to have options like Jones to rotate in for certain games or scenarios - something I think Gerrard hasn't been great at in the past but is showing signs of improving. It also keeps the likes of Hagi on their toes.

9 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Involved in 6 goals home and abroad - 762 minutes played. 

Kent - 10 in 816

Morelos - 8 in 620

Tavernier - 10 in 941

Not bad for a boy who hasn't even played 20 full games for us yet, eh? :whistle:

So he's less effective than a full back, his most comparable team mate (Kent) as well as our main CF?

Are you trying to argue his case here? 😂

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

So he's less effective than a full back, his most comparable team mate (Kent) as well as our main CF?

Are you trying to argue his case here? 😂

Before today's game Kent was averaging a goal or assist every 135 minutes, Hagi 141.

Stats are such a pish metric for measuring a players ability. 

Mental though that people are writing Hagi off so far. He’s generally been inconsistent, but most will see the talent is there. And the €3m spent on him is a much better project than on the likes of Turnbull. 

4 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

What does “involved” mean?

”If you’re not interfering with play, you shouldn’t be on the pitch”

All this “assists” pish rips my knitting.

Goalscorers, nothing else.

Does the Motherwell players whose head the ball skimmed off before skelping big George get an “assist”?

:lol:

Gies peace.

What a lot of shite. without the support play and ammunition strikers are isolated and useless.

Hagi has talent and vision, not everything comes off for him but he never hides, he needs to find consistency but the talent and vision he's shown is enough to persevere with him, he will develop the consistency and imo will become an valuable asset under the tutelage of Gerrard.

Before the season there were a lot on here demanded he was the No10 and the team to revolve around him and if stuck wide right Gerrard needed removed .

For me he needs to mature a fair bit more for that role .

Now there are plenty who claim he’s shite and not worth the money .

For me we need to show some patience and allow him to settle in ,Some of his play is sublime and with a bit more time and more experience he is going to I get better and become a massive asset to this team .

I try not get caught up on statistics so I will tend to ignore what I read because I know Hagi has been involved in many second assists which sometimes are the most important.

But what I do know from watching with my naked eye, the OP is right, Hagi will turn out to be a fantastic player that we make millions on.

There were probably many negative threads about Kent about this time last year.

The boy will become a fantastic football player. I have no doubt.

I've slagged him this season because he's not looking the same player he was last season before he signed for us. Whether that's because he's being played on the wing now or whether he's not got the same fire in his belly, I don't know.....but he's not showing the same skills he had last season. 

21 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Before today's game Kent was averaging a goal or assist every 135 minutes, Hagi 141.

How does that work with Kent?

Before today it was an involvement every 135 minutes, but after playing 70 minutes the figure you've given is one in every 81 minutes (10 in 816 - post 1)?

Hagi too has improved from 141 despite playing more minutes today but no goal involvement to 127 (6 in 762 from post 1)? Unless he's getting an assist for Ittens 2nd and this improves his stats?

He is doing fine. Think he’s really promising when played in the centre. 
I would much rather see wingers playing wide.

For me it’s between Aribo, Arfield and Hagi for the 3rd slot in midfield. 

Aribo, Davis, Jack and Kamara fighting for the other central positions. 

4 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

I've slagged him this season because he's not looking the same player he was last season before he signed for us. Whether that's because he's being played on the wing now or whether he's not got the same fire in his belly, I don't know.....but he's not showing the same skills he had last season. 

He had more poor games last season than he did good ones.

Archived