This Hagi Myth

BridgeIsBlue

Just now, andyhrfc said:

Wondered how long it would take before we had a moaning thread on a day when we won 5-1 three days after we won 4-0 against a decent Dutch side.

Hagi, Roofe and Itten will all take Romero adjust and show their full potential. The 

Huh?

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

Wondered how long it would take before we had a moaning thread on a day when we won 5-1 three days after we won 4-0 away against a decent Dutch side.

Hagi, Roofe and Itten will all take Romero adjust and show their full potential. The 

Think you need to reread the OP...

The Hibs goal was brilliant but what we’re classing as an assists in football theses days is ridiculous, scotty Arfield played a ball into itten from almost the touch line today , ittens flicked it up and put it in the top corner from 20 yards , that’s an assist 😂,

hagi toiled massively in the SPL last season and after spending 3 million he’s still the same, obviously needs time but the lack of strength and being very once paced I fail to see what time will change , 3 million isn’t the occasional flash against free transfers from Shrewsbury etc in the SPL 3 million is a stand out 

8 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

The Hibs goal was brilliant but what we’re classing as an assists in football theses days is ridiculous, scotty Arfield played a ball into itten from almost the touch line today , ittens flicked it up and put it in the top corner from 20 yards , that’s an assist 😂,

hagi toiled massively in the SPL last season and after spending 3 million he’s still the same, obviously needs time but the lack of strength and being very once paced I fail to see what time will change , 3 million isn’t the occasional flash against free transfers from Shrewsbury etc in the SPL 3 million is a stand out 

I'm normally on your side mate but disagree with your assessment of Hagi. His potential and the potential of who he will become is the big picture. Not the now...

17 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

I've slagged him this season because he's not looking the same player he was last season before he signed for us. Whether that's because he's being played on the wing now or whether he's not got the same fire in his belly, I don't know.....but he's not showing the same skills he had last season. 

Did you see his reaction to losing the goal, pretty sure this is not the issue.

8 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I'm normally on your side mate but disagree with your assessment of Hagi. His potential and the potential of who he will become is the big picture. Not the now...

You might be right it will need to be quick though mate , if we’re talking years he’ll be sold by the time we see it 

53 minutes ago, McKissock said:

Much like Morelos, I think it speaks volumes that he's often not been at his best but still contributing. Hibs away, Dundee United at home are two that jump out.

It's good to have options like Jones to rotate in for certain games or scenarios - something I think Gerrard hasn't been great at in the past but is showing signs of improving. It also keeps the likes of Hagi on their toes.

To be fair to Gerrard, before this season I don’t think our squad was strong enough to rotate the players.

1 hour ago, jjbscotty12 said:

Carlos Penas numbers were decent too just saying... 

I’d say hagi has had 1 good game this season, he loses the ball far too often.

Said to my lad earlier - he’s a mix of great touches & falling on his arse.

And the way Jones raced through for his goal is something Hagi must dream of.

2 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

He's took a kicking just about every game here since he arrived, not one to hide either. If the refs were actually capable of doing their job he'd have won us countless free kicks in dangerous areas, but as per usual, fuck all protection.

I read today that he hides. I nearly dropped my coffee or was it my lager, I can't remember.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

I read today that he hides. I nearly dropped my coffee or was it my lager, I can't remember.

I don't think there's a single one of our players that hasn't had some mental pish written about them to be fair. Just different levels of mental pish :lol:

Archived