This Hagi Myth

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

At the risk of infuriating the old crew even further you do actually get stat minded people who track “pre assists” so that would be covered in that :lol:

What’s the age cut off for being a member of the old crew?

13 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

"I don't like something therefore those that do are idiots". 

The game is far more complex than “last touch equals an assist”

Like Defoe’s dummy against the scum, he contributed significantly to that Arfield goal yet never actually touched it.

Evaluating a player on the basis of “assists” is moronic.

1 hour ago, GM80 said:

Players like Barker benefit from having no fans in the stadium whereas players like Hagi miss have the crowd behind them look at the Braga game last year as an example.

Hagi is also a young player who is still developing so we will see some inconsistent performances especially while he adjusts to playing against the hammer throwers in Scottish football.

When did this happen, he’s been consistently shite with or with out fans 

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

At the risk of infuriating the old crew even further you do actually get stat minded people who track “pre assists” so that would be covered in that :lol:

Was considering posting it as well, haha. It's funny because if you bring that up, most of the people crying about the person who makes an assist actually being the beneficiary of a more decisive defense splitting pass prior will suddenly be up in arms about how ridiculous the notion of pre-assists are. 

Statistics are a useful tool to interpret the game, though they don't always tell the whole story. ShOoT tHe BaLl iN tHe GoAl is fine as well, I guess.

For the stat daft young crew we are going to need some new tables ,

Pre assist stats 

Failed assist stats ,1 list for when the goalie makes a worldie and another for when the striker makes a cunt of it 

then a list for the failed pre assists ,that are broken down into ,when the pre assist is superb and either the assist is pish or the striker makes a cunt of it .

😁😁

34 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

This time last year all the moans were about Kent and what a waste of money he was. This season Hagi is in the same boat.

Everyone is allowed an opinion but I bet the background staff know a hell of lot more than posters on here.

The back room staff rate barker and they rated Ojo last season...

Hagi needs  to up his game let’s be honest he’s been good in one game this season against Dundee Utd.

Kamara rarely gets goals & assists. Does that mean he is shite? Of course not.

Hagi will always be in and around the points because he is a player of flair.That doesn't always mean he has played well.

I do hope we get to see the young man develop and grow into the player everyone with a football eye expects from him as he matures.

The boy is class. His footballing brain, the ability to find little pockets of space, see a pass etc is something you can’t teach and in that regard there’s no one in Scotland who gets close to him imo. I’ve said before but I only believe we have two players who can really change a game with a little bit of magic when things are not going our way and that’s Kent and Hagi. 

Hes young and developing so is bound to make mistakes and have off days but I think he’s one of the most exciting players we’ve had for years, he’ll go in a few seasons to a top club for a very healthy profit.

1 hour ago, magic8ball said:

For the stat daft young crew we are going to need some new tables ,

Pre assist stats 

Failed assist stats ,1 list for when the goalie makes a worldie and another for when the striker makes a cunt of it 

then a list for the failed pre assists ,that are broken down into ,when the pre assist is superb and either the assist is pish or the striker makes a cunt of it .

😁😁

About time we introduced pre-pre-assists and pre-pre-pre-assists imo.

:lol:

And when Itten flicks it up before volleying, is that him assisting himself?

Fucking mental.

:snapoutofit:

Ball boy throws the ball to Tav who scores direct from the corner, does the ball boy get an assist?

:rofl:

1 hour ago, GersInCanada said:

This time last year all the moans were about Kent and what a waste of money he was. This season Hagi is in the same boat.

Everyone is allowed an opinion but I bet the background staff know a hell of lot more than posters on here.

The background staff watched the same games as me last season , I thought he toiled in the SPL they spent 3 million on him , he’s been the same as he was last season thus far , the very occasional flash, hope he starts producing regularly but let’s be honest you don’t not get a game in the Belgian league if your some player 

6 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

I like Hagi, he's a good player but he's had a poor start to the season

Kent has had a great start to the season but was pretty poor all of the last one. It happens with young players

This all day. When Kent came on loan I thought he was excellent. Seemed to loose it when we signed him and i then thought we had bought a pup. Now he is back to how he looked originally and once again I think he is a star. Morale of the story is we can all be too quick to jump to a conclusion. I still believe Hagi will come good and look like a shrewd bit of business in a year or so.

Archived