This Hagi Myth

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Bearsden bear said:

Great player with vision and creativity. Only thing lacking is pace. 

He needs to be played centrally where he doesnt need to run so much - see James Rodriguez. Still only a kid and will get better.

'Great player' :lol:

Ffs. 

Talented player who has his moments, but those moments have been far too infrequent this season. 

4 hours ago, GersInCanada said:

This time last year all the moans were about Kent and what a waste of money he was. This season Hagi is in the same boat.

Everyone is allowed an opinion but I bet the background staff know a hell of lot more than posters on here.

Tend to agree with that.

Look at Jones and Itten on Sunday.  Whilst it is only 1 game,  both had already been written off by a few on here.

29 minutes ago, Badger said:

I've said it before, but I think he is too good a player for Scottish football.

He seems at his best when he gets a bit of time and space, like a proper European style playmaker. It's a style that is hard to adapt and fit into Scottish football.

He’s definitely not too good for Scottish football. He didn’t cut it in Belgium and that’s hardly a top league.

2 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

He’s definitely not too good for Scottish football. He didn’t cut it in Belgium and that’s hardly a top league.

Type of player he is. They usually don't bloom until their mid-late 20s.

I think the kid has something, but not sure Scottish football is where it will thrive.

52 minutes ago, Badger said:

I've said it before, but I think he is too good a player for Scottish football.

He seems at his best when he gets a bit of time and space, like a proper European style playmaker. It's a style that is hard to adapt and fit into Scottish football.

I would agree, and I also think he’s too intelligent for the players around him in our team. Watch him when he doesn’t have the ball and the way he makes space for himself or makes a run yet our players seemingly don’t see it and opt for the simple ball. Better quality players around him and he gets the ball far more in better positions imo.

7 minutes ago, Bristol loyal said:

I would agree, and I also think he’s too intelligent for the players around him in our team. Watch him when he doesn’t have the ball and the way he makes space for himself or makes a run yet our players seemingly don’t see it and opt for the simple ball. Better quality players around him and he gets the ball far more in better positions imo.

I've watched him fall over so many times this season when trying to think a step ahead when he hasn't got the ball under control, seen some terrible passes and bad decision making.

He's still very young and it's probably still too soon to assume he's too good for scottish football. 

Simply if he's too good he'll work it out and show it on the pitch. Bit like someone saying Fekir wouldn't be a good signing!

12 minutes ago, Number5 said:

I've watched him fall over so many times this season when trying to think a step ahead when he hasn't got the ball under control, seen some terrible passes and bad decision making.

He's still very young and it's probably still too soon to assume he's too good for scottish football. 

Simply if he's too good he'll work it out and show it on the pitch. Bit like someone saying Fekir wouldn't be a good signing!

All the things you’ve mentioned come down to inexperience and development. We’ve got remember he’s only 21 with just over 100 games under his belt. What he does have is the natural talents you can’t teach, as he gets more game time and experience I think it will all come together and we’ll see a star but of course only time will tell.

2 minutes ago, Bristol loyal said:

All the things you’ve mentioned come down to inexperience and development. We’ve got remember he’s only 21 with just over 100 games under his belt. What he does have is the natural talents you can’t teach, as he gets more game time and experience I think it will all come together and we’ll see a star but of course only time will tell.

I agree. He's still learning. He seems to be a player who thrived under the pressure/atmosphere that a full house brought, so he may be struggling more than most because the current situation?

He isn't too good for scottish football and he isn't to sharp for his team mates.  He might became too good but only by turning in the performances on a regular basis. It's just getting him in the right positions.

These stats don't provide any insight into how often he's lost possession which results in teams then scoring against us or how many chances other teams create because of it. 

For me he's had a few flashes of looking the part but as a whole he's been underwhelming. I don't get excited when he gets the ball or get the anticipation that somethings about to happen(everything that Kent offers), he pretty much always chops the ball onto the other foot and is quite slow at times with the possession. 

I hope he turns it round and rightly he needs a full season but I wish we had taken another loan with him to get the full picture. 

He's already thriving in Scottish football ffs, all the while having to do defensive work outside on the right then trying to find ways to be influential centrally when we have the ball.

He's flitting in and out of games yes, but there's much more to come from him and any cunt who doesn't think he is a player just doesn't know football.

19 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

He's already thriving in Scottish football ffs, all the while having to do defensive work outside on the right then trying to find ways to be influential centrally when we have the ball.

He's flitting in and out of games yes, but there's much more to come from him and any cunt who doesn't think he is a player just doesn't know football.

I agree. He is young and talented but needs time. Within our squad I'd compare him to Kent. Flashes of brilliance and in andout of the game for 80 minutes in the early days.

Look at Kent now. If Hagi matches his contribution a year from now he will be a fantastic investment. If!

1 minute ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

I agree. He is young and talented but needs time. Within our squad I'd compare him to Kent. Flashes of brilliance and in andout of the game for 80 minutes in the early days.

Look at Kent now. If Hagi matches his contribution a year from now he will be a fantastic investment. If!

Will be astonished if it's not 'when' mate rather than if. Was always going to be 'when' with Kent too.

Players of their ability when coupled with the desire they both have, when neither have ever gone hiding from the ball, will just click at some point and there's no holding them back.

Different scenario altogether to players who have the ability but are absolute shitebags, of which we've had a good handful of over the past 3 or 4 years.

And these two have far more ability than those I'm referring to anyway.

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Will be astonished if it's not 'when' mate rather than if. Was always going to be 'when' with Kent too.

Players of their ability when coupled with the desire they both have, when neither have ever gone hiding from the ball, will just click at some point and there's no holding them back.

Different scenario altogether to players who have the ability but are absolute shitebags, of which we've had a good handful of over the past 3 or 4 years.

And these two have far more ability than those I'm referring to anyway.

Agree with that. They have the no surrender attitude that I admire. I have seen both Kent and Hagi have crap games,  yet make a sublime pass that sets up a goal. 

I have seen Hagi set up a goal with a back heel and still getting it tight on here. Bizzare. 

1 hour ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

I have seen Hagi set up a goal with a back heel and still getting it tight on here. Bizzare. 

Assists don’t matter mate only putting the ball in the net matters, anybody who doesn’t know this doesn’t know football 

:belm:

Archived