Steven Gerrard's Rangers European record..

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

is absolutely world class! This thread is solely on our European results for the last three years, ignore the domestic football and that financially he has been backed, to qualify three years run

Posted Images

Just now, DBBTB said:

Was just saying something similar in the match thread. I can not believe how good a European outfit we are. It becomes even more impressive when you consider what we have spent in comparison to some other sides too. 

A midfield that cost 50k holding their own and in some cases dominating against sides like Porto, Galatasaray, Braga, Feyenoord...it’s the type of shit you would only expect to happen in FIFA or FM :lol:

Sure you unlock an achievement trophy if you do that in FM.

It is genuinely remarkable.

There have been points where I thought we've done fantastic but maybe it's just a small sample size and we've just got those extra 1 or 2 wins. But after another big win tonight against another top team I don't think we can say that anymore. Absolutely exceptional

Consistent wins all through qualifiers against smaller teams is a bigger achievement than it seems too considering there's been like 10 of them and you have to keep winning. Then consistently beating middle teams like Maribor, Rapid Vienna, Legia Warsaw is impressive enough but what is truly exceptional is the wins and performances against teams like Feyenoord, Porto, Braga, Galatasaray, Villareal etc.

Regular European football is financially crucial but it also gets this team playing on a much bigger stage.  Rangers have grown as a team and you see that with performances like tonight.  A number of those Galatasaray players could walk in to our squad but we’re just the better team.  Gerrard has us playing a brand of football that excels in Europe.  Can’t wait for the draw now.

bgally likes this
2 minutes ago, TMB said:

Regular European football is financially crucial but it also gets this team playing on a much bigger stage.  Rangers have grown as a team and you see that with performances like tonight.  A number of those Galatasaray players could walk in to our squad but we’re just the better team.  Gerrard has us playing a brand of football that excels in Europe.  Can’t wait for the draw now.

I want us to draw Arsenal.

dougie76 and Polo like this
5 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The management team and players deserve enormous credit for their European exploits. The money this year , with all that’s going on, will be invaluable.

Let’s hope the manager is rewarded with a couple of players.

The boy Johnson must be a stick on to sign for us now?

real boydie9 likes this

We are a European style team. This season we look absolutely brilliant on the ball and a level above any Rangers team I've seen in recent years. Wee bits of hesitancy around the box sometimes ( and I do think we need to now ship Buffalo- he's chucked it imho) but over all we are winning silverware this year

jersey-rangers likes this

This is what was annoying me this week. All the chat was “don’t need Europe, focus on the league etc”.

Fuck sake. The best Rangers sides have been in Europe and still won domestically.

We have had so many great European nights over the last 3 seasons and its the very, very least this club and all the supporters deserves.

Steven & the guys deserve huge credit, along with each and every player. Its not easy, especially when unseeded, to go through 3 and 4 qualifying rounds.

As Souness said to Gerrard after the game “you just need that first trophy”.

Lets fuckin go Rangers!

Rangers_no1 and JCDBigBear like this