2 years till full houses again

johanhentze

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Not sure that's fair tbh.

It's pretty fair to assume that when up to 50k people get together, cram into a stadium, pack the pubs in the town etc... That there is a much greater chance of the disease spreading like wildfire.

Also this decision can only hurt them politically, so not sure how it could be classed as such. 

2 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Not sure that's fair tbh.

It's pretty fair to assume that when up to 50k people get together, cram into a stadium, pack the pubs in the town etc... That there is a much greater chance of the disease spreading like wildfire.

Also this decision can only hurt them politically, so not sure how it could be classed as such. 

I thought is was a cry to let 'them' get fans in for the game against us in Oct G, if you read the article it was Mulraney and Doncaster who have been on off the ball apparently.

I should add I am probably a bit paranoid. :pipe:

Any decision that hurts the SNP is a good one IMO. 

5 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I thought is was a cry to let 'them' get fans in for the game against us in Oct G, if you read the article it was Mulraney and Doncaster who have been on off the ball apparently.

I should add I am probably a bit paranoid. :pipe:

Any decision that hurts the SNP is a good one IMO. 

Mulraney is one of them. And i wouldn't want to make any comment on his business dealings.

2 hours ago, TMB said:

It’s hard for the fans especially when we’re being asked to pay ST money and to buy Euro packages.  We know we’re not getting anything for our money.  It’ll be streams for the foreseeable. 

We are still getting to watch the team on the tv for the money so we are getting something and I think not having a crowd on their back is helping some of our players so just look at it as investing in 55. If we win 55 this season, it will all be worth it. 

27 minutes ago, pcbear said:

The strain is getting weaker, there are loads more cases but only because there is loads more testing.

As much as I would like to think it is, the experts said only last week that there is no evidence to support this. Much to my disappointment as government have a total cunt of it.

I do get the UEFA logic, because an untried vaccine on a novel virus that has been developed without the usual gates and caveats in such a short time, will be no panacea as the experts have already said.

Then there is tge level of uptake. I just cant see the masses swarming to get jagged up for something that is toxic and unproven as to it's long term effects.

I seriously doubt we will be seeing fans inside a stadium this season, even if it gets played to a full fixture list.

Next season a possibility of limited fan involvement.

So I think their timeline for full houses might not be that far off.

52 minutes ago, mearns loyal said:

I’m waiting for @BlueAvenger to confirm this before I comment...

Sorted.

To add, I cannot see the issue with allowing limited capacity to watch games, say a fifth of ground capacity in what is open spaces and with the usual measures in place in masks, social distancing etc. so a low risk scenario. No hospitality of course as It's the indoor public spaces that are the high risk areas. 

For lower league clubs, most dont even get near even that, so all a bit illogical imo.

The problem the bigger clubs would have in opening up with limited capacity, especially us with all STs sold, it could end up costing the club money in opening up to 8,000 fans spread across four stands. With the logistics involved, could all be a bit of hassle for nothing. Food outlets not getting the volume, extra security etc to enforce compliance and so on.

35 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

We are still getting to watch the team on the tv for the money so we are getting something and I think not having a crowd on their back is helping some of our players so just look at it as investing in 55. If we win 55 this season, it will all be worth it. 

To right bro. Mate I would pay nxt season season ticket right now if it guarantees 55 this season. 

3 hours ago, TMB said:

It’s hard for the fans especially when we’re being asked to pay ST money and to buy Euro packages.  We know we’re not getting anything for our money.  It’ll be streams for the foreseeable. 

Have we been asked to by euro packages? 

Ive not had any emails or heard anything about this 

44 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

As much as I would like to think it is, the experts said only last week that there is no evidence to support this. Much to my disappointment as government have a total cunt of it.

I do get the UEFA logic, because an untried vaccine on a novel virus that has been developed without the usual gates and caveats in such a short time, will be no panacea as the experts have already said.

Then there is tge level of uptake. I just cant see the masses swarming to get jagged up for something that is toxic and unproven as to it's long term effects.

I seriously doubt we will be seeing fans inside a stadium this season, even if it gets played to a full fixture list.

Next season a possibility of limited fan involvement.

So I think their timeline for full houses might not be that far off.

I never made it up, that came from my mate who is a theatre nurse at our big local hospital, he worked all the way through the scary times when nobody knew which way it would swing, at the start if you heard someone had covid you were thinking they might die, now it seems more of an "oh dear"if you hear of someone with it because in most cases they will be right as rain in a short time.

4 hours ago, SpiritofBillStruth said:

They have vaccines but they take so long to test and ensure they are safe. We don't want cunts having babies in 12 months growing 2 heads or even tails or people falling down dead after 6 months of getting it. Vaccines are dodgy as fuck. The worlds leading minds have had at least 8 months to find something to combat this virus and they have failed. There is going to come a time when we just need to live with it and people will test positive as they would with a flu or cold. People will die with it like the flu or cold. It is what it is. Time to get back to normal and if cunts catch it, they catch it. 

Unfortunately, this will be realized when it’s too late. People will lose their jobs, businesses will go bust, and we’ll end up full circle to what you have described. 

5 hours ago, SpiritofBillStruth said:

They have vaccines but they take so long to test and ensure they are safe. We don't want cunts having babies in 12 months growing 2 heads or even tails or people falling down dead after 6 months of getting it. Vaccines are dodgy as fuck. The worlds leading minds have had at least 8 months to find something to combat this virus and they have failed. There is going to come a time when we just need to live with it and people will test positive as they would with a flu or cold. People will die with it like the flu or cold. It is what it is. Time to get back to normal and if cunts catch it, they catch it. 

I’m getting on a bit so would like a vaccine now. If you happen to have a baby with 2 heads you’ll just have to cough up for 2 blue and white scarves 

Archived