2 years till full houses again

johanhentze

Firstly there will never be a cure for a coronavirus, vaccines for the “ normal flu viruses” are guesswork a mixture of flu strains are targeted each year, sometimes it works, sometimes the strain is weak and comes to nothing and the vaccine is hailed as a success. The vaccine is purely a gamble to try to prevent or mitigate the effects of the virus. Last winters vaccines were, I believe ineffective as there was a larger number than normal deaths from flu throughout Europe over the winter months with the virus affecting the respiratory system. COVID 19 then arrived and mutated from a very fast contagion with a relatively low death toll in Asia to a serious killer piggy backing on the European virus.

Covid 19 is certainly still a rapid contagion but is far weaker at this time although the fear is how and when it may mutate.

In short,developing a vaccine might be a costly dream/waste of money or at best a measure to mitigate symptoms. No scientist has ever been able to prevent the common cold or flu.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

The only way he got the job is he’s snp, that’s how they work. Fact.

He’s a qualified dentist and clinical director of the NHS and has been for some time. 
Does that mean all the NHS directors, doctors, clinicians etc are all SNP?

it’s just a weird connection to make, all because he appeared on off the ball. 😂 

19 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

If there's a vaccine before then how are they justifying that?

If a vaccine is released in ( say) March - the estimate to vaccinate everyone is 6-9 months and then it needs to actually be effective - it’s very plausible we won’t have full crowds till middle / end of next season 😩

8 hours ago, tm91 said:

This is managing expectations. Better to say 2 years than 1 just in case.

That’s the opposite of how they’ve been managing expectations with everything else. The trick is to say it’ll be only be a short time but keep extending it when we get near the end. 

8 hours ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

There is absolutely no proof that it's 'weakening'.

True but the ratio of deaths, hospital admissions and intensive care patients to positive cases strongly suggests this is the case.

The worrying thing for me is that 7/8 months in we do not really know if antibodies are being created which prevents re infection, does the virus really live on hard surfaces, have masks and the restrictions really been effective?

IF the virus is weaker,and IF it creates antibodies which prevents re infection there are theories that July to September would have been the time to loosen restrictions and allow gatherings and crowds.

There are questions about the reliability of tests; are they picking up other infections,old traces rather than just covid 19,false positives and so on.

2 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

He’s a qualified dentist and clinical director of the NHS and has been for some time. 
Does that mean all the NHS directors, doctors, clinicians etc are all SNP?

it’s just a weird connection to make, all because he appeared on off the ball. 😂 

But not qualified in viral pandemics same as their last appointment in the job not fit for purpose but there to be used as a puppet. Only thing weird is the punters that vote for this mob. 😂😂

2 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

But not qualified in viral pandemics same as their last appointment in the job not fit for purpose but there to be used as a puppet. Only thing weird is the punters that vote for this mob. 😂😂

You’re getting mixed up. 
I’ll leave it there, can’t be bothered trying to explain it. 
👍

2 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

You’re getting mixed up. 
I’ll leave it there, can’t be bothered trying to explain it. 
👍

No I’m not I just find it weird that Rangers fans vote them and defend them with deflection, especially on here. I’m the same can’t be bothered trying to explain.👍🏻

39 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

No I’m not I just find it weird that Rangers fans vote them and defend them with deflection, especially on here. I’m the same can’t be bothered trying to explain.👍🏻

Once more then. 

they work for the National Health Service, he’s a clinical director not the Chief Medical officer, both are asked by the government for advice and guidance 

they are not political appointments just experts in their fields.

even if it was a labour government in Scotland you’d still see the same people advising  

Hope that helps you a wee bit. 

8 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Once more then. 

they work for the National Health Service, he’s a clinical director not the Chief Medical officer, both are asked by the government for advice and guidance 

they are not political appointments just experts in their fields.

even if it was a labour government in Scotland you’d still see the same people advising  

Hope that helps you a wee bit. 

Knew you’d be back👍🏻😂😂

2 hours ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Back in march this year,mrs murrell got pelters for ignoring Hugh Pennington a professor on Pandemics was overlooked because of his politics,and they were not about independance. 
she plumped for a cunt who told us "do what i say,and not as i do"
with the witch ferrier carrying the torch for that statement.
she made more of the above than a cunt sexually harassing and grooming young boys. 
A FUCKIN SEETHING FENIAN INFESTED MESS.

21 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Back in march this year,mrs murrell got pelters for ignoring Hugh Pennington a professor on Pandemics was overlooked because of his politics,and they were not about independance. 
she plumped for a cunt who told us "do what i say,and not as i do"
with the witch ferrier carrying the torch for that statement.
she made more of the above than a cunt sexually harassing and grooming young boys. 
A FUCKIN SEETHING FENIAN INFESTED MESS.

Correct and as you can see their sheep still defend it. 

20 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Correct and as you can see their sheep still defend it. 

We're only scraping the surface on their conduct,including the ex FM whose brief admitted while under the influence that fat lad was guilty.
BUT!!!....where the fuck do you start with their politics of hatred and the finacial mess they've dragged us into.
A FUCKIN BLIGHT ON DECENT PEOPLE.
Could do with setting up a Company who deal with 2 legged roaches,ticks,fleas,bed bugs,mice and rats.

11 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

We're only scraping the surface on their conduct,including the ex FM whose brief admitted while under the influence that fat lad was guilty.
BUT!!!....where the fuck do you start with their politics of hatred and the finacial mess they've dragged us into.
A FUCKIN BLIGHT ON DECENT PEOPLE.
Could do with setting up a Company who deal with 2 legged roaches,ticks,fleas,bed bugs,mice and rats.

Corrupt to the core as they say. The place is a rancid shambles.

On 03/10/2020 at 13:27, johanhentze said:

2 years till we get full houses again according to UEFA stadium inspector "scott". Discuss.

I think that sounds about right for European games as each country has different rules for travelling to matches, congregating in pubs, hotels, restaurants and respecting social distancing.

I do think domestic football will be back in the spring with fans but only if the SFA and SPFL has a change at the top and can provide a competent strategy that the government will agree to.

I don't think the current SFA and SPFL management will get anywhere in trying to shame the government into letting fans into domestic games especially after their incompetence of having no plan in place for dealing with players who broke the Covid -19 rules and I certainly wouldn't give them the Covid-19 powers they have been asking for.

I don't think Rangers will be effected as fans have shown in the past they are willing to support the club through hard times. If the club continues to improve the team with ST money and the team give 100% I think fans will continue to buy their season tickets even if they only get to watch the games on t.v.

I do think clubs out with the SPFL should be allowed fans as it will be easier to control travelling to matches, congregating in pubs and respecting social distancing because the numbers will be significantly less.

Archived