Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's get carried away 

He’s absolutely woeful goal or not.

Don't know how he gets his own post 🤣 Just don't think he's a very good footballer. Glad he scored today though.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, molesmole said:

A goal scoring winger! :thumbup:

We have wanted one for years.....

And now hair he is.

Cut inside well, remained composed and powered it home. 

Few other close shaves ,baw hair away where a little break and he was in. 

Hope he isn't a fringe player for much  longer.

 

 

Toupe....i mean touche! 

molesmole likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

After all the wingers we signed last summer, I hate to say this.... I hope we sign a proper right winger tomorrow. Barker & Jones are average at best.

We're looking for at most one more player. If it turns out to be a right winger rather than a strong CAM then we've fucked it.

DBBTB likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

We're looking for at most one more player. If it turns out to be a right winger rather than a strong CAM then we've fucked it.

I'm not so sure about that mate. We have 3 attacking midfielders in Aribo, Hagi & Arfield. 3 defensive midfielders in Jack, Kamara and Davis (somewhere in between).

Those 3 attacking midfielders I mentioned have all been shoehorned into the right side of a front three. I don't want to call that a right winger because we play the Liverpool kind of way where the front 3 move around but imo, that is a position we haven't addressed.

I suppose Roofe and Itten can play there but again, that seems shoehorned to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

I'm not so sure about that mate. We have 3 attacking midfielders in Aribo, Hagi & Arfield. 3 defensive midfielders in Jack, Kamara and Davis (somewhere in between).

Those 3 attacking midfielders I mentioned have all been shoehorned into the right side of a front three. I don't want to call that a right winger because we play the Liverpool kind of way where the front 3 move around but imo, that is a position we haven't addressed.

I suppose Roofe and Itten can play there but again, that seems shoehorned to me.

I'm talking about someone who can burst forward from midfield rather than one who sits more comfortably in the 3 behind Alfie.

With Tav playing, we don't need a right winger, he'd get in Tavs way. And we don't need a rhs player for the 3 behind the CF as loads of players as you say are doing that already 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I'm talking about someone who can burst forward from midfield rather than one who sits more comfortably in the 3 behind Alfie.

With Tav playing, we don't need a right winger, he'd get in Tavs way. And we don't need a rhs player for the 3 behind the CF as loads of players as you say are doing that already 

Don't get me wrong, I would love is to sign a creative midfield player in the next 24 hrs. But so would even team in the world. We kind of have that player in Hagi. He is still a work in progress but I disagreed in him starting on the bench today.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Don't get me wrong, I would love is to sign a creative midfield player in the next 24 hrs. But so would even team in the world. We kind of have that player in Hagi. He is still a work in progress but I disagreed in him starting on the bench today.

We have 2 'anchors'. Gerrard says he doesn't mind if one of them joins in attacks. Imo we're looking for someone more dynamic for one of those slots, someone who can instigate and join in attacks more than Jack, Kamara or Davis can. I think we have our creative types in Hagi, Kent and Aribo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

We have 2 'anchors'. Gerrard says he doesn't mind if one of them joins in attacks. Imo we're looking for someone more dynamic for one of those slots, someone who can instigate and join in attacks more than Jack, Kamara or Davis can. I think we have our creative types in Hagi, Kent and Aribo.

You can't have a midfield of Aribo, Hagi and lets say Johnson (Preston). You need balance. Johnson to me seems like a luxury. He seems very similar to Aribo.

If anything, we need an update on Jack. Every great team has a Macherano type, a great DM.  Jack is ours but we could upgrade in that spot although Gerrard loves him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

You can't have a midfield of Aribo, Hagi and lets say Johnson (Preston). You need balance. Johnson to me seems like a luxury. He seems very similar to Aribo.

If anything, we need an update on Jack. Every great team has a Macherano type, a great DM.  Jack is ours but we could upgrade in that spot although Gerrard loves him.

We play two anchors, 3 in front, then a CF.

We dont need two anchors in many games, an upgrade on one of them is the player we're hopefully looking to bring in.

Dare I say a Gerrard type of player 😳

DBBTB and TamCoopz like this
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

We play two anchors, 3 in front, then a CF.

We dont need two anchors in many games, an upgrade on one of them is the player we're hopefully looking to bring in.

Dare I say a Gerrard type of player 😳

I do believe we will sign a midfielder tomorrow, an upgrade on our anchors. But Gerrard was not an anchor type mate, he was a driving force,

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bluenoz said:

I do believe we will sign a midfielder tomorrow, an upgrade on our anchors. But Gerrard was not an anchor type mate, he was a driving force,

The point I'm making. I think he wants that forceful player, someone than can be physical, can take in tight areas, but will instead be a driving force going forward leaving one anchor to do that role.

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

. Every great team has a Macherano type, a great DM.  Jack is ours but we could upgrade in that spot although Gerrard loves him.

Great player Macherano, but for me i always preferred Makelele. Guy was a rolls- royce of a player but as hard as nails when needed.

bluenoz likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Wullies_bowly_legs said:

Great player Macherano, but for me i always preferred Makelele. Guy was a rolls- royce of a player but as hard as nails when needed.

You know wit mate, I almost mentioned him in that post. You are exactly right. And see that Niddi that plays for Leicester, he's the same. All good teams have one these days.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Goes on a run and hits it straight at the keeper where it ends up going in between his legs.

Barker and Jones weren’t good enough last season, in a team who weren’t good enough last season.

How the fuck some of our fans dont understand this I’ll never know.

Barisic wasn’t good enough 2 seasons ago in a team that wasn’t good enough.

Players can improve and develop as can teams.

How the fuck some fans don’t understand this I’ll never know.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

Barisic wasn’t good enough 2 seasons ago in a team that wasn’t good enough.

Players can improve and develop as can teams.

How the fuck some fans don’t understand this I’ll never know.

Because some real fans have played the game mate. Barker has nothing more than speed and that is the only reason he has got this opportunity.  He is a shite football player with no vision and no end product.

If you think he does, I guarantee you never played at a decent level. 

Not meaning to have a go btw.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Because some real fans have played the game mate. Barker has nothing more than speed and that is the only reason he has got this opportunity.  He is a shite football player with no vision and no end product.

If you think he does, I guarantee you never played at a decent level. 

Not meaning to have a go btw.

To be fair mate I’m not the person who put him in the team. SG is the man and he played at a decent level.

From past performances I’d wrote him off but I thought he looked a different player pre season and after an injury setback he came on today and made an impact producing an end product.

Whether he can now produce this on a consistent basis remains to be seen.

 

 

 

gogzy and Blues Brother like this
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Upcoming Events

    • 06 March 2021 15:00 Until 17:00
      0  
      Rangers v St Mirren
      Ibrox Stadium
      Scottish Premiership

×
×
  • Create New...