***** Official Scum vs Rangers Match Thread *****

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Nicely laid out.

We sure as fuck better win.

Imagine the legend they’ll make out of it if they were to win in the ‘face of such adversity’???

Another thing we’d never hear the end of....

Was just about to say this.

They love this "underdog" thing they and their media lapdog's are building up for them this week. They love being poor and downtrodden with the world against them.

Despite winning just about everything domestically in recent years they can't but hate it a wee bit. That's why they jump into victimhood so easily. Truly a club and support like no other.

I hope we fucking trounce them tomorrow!!

1 minute ago, SIRB_72 said:

Was just about to say this.

They love this "underdog" thing they and their media lapdog's are building up for them this week. They love being poor and downtrodden with the world against them.

Despite winning just about everything domestically in recent years they can't but hate it a wee bit. That's why they jump into victimhood so easily. Truly a club and support like no other.

I hope we fucking trounce them tomorrow!!

It’s the only way to keep them in check, mate!!

10 minutes ago, HG5 said:

I kind of get it, in that I cannot stand to see that lot celebrating when they score / win.

But, if it does go wrong, I DO need to see it to find out why & how it happened.

Other side is the joy days - and I’d hate to miss any of those.

I can’t get my head round it mate, it’s like buying a steak pie and only eating the foil tray that it comes in 😂

Auld firm days are the best days, the bevying and the nail biting, love it.

4 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

Just pulled into abington service station, who’s about 

Got snowed in there on the way to a Hertz game when we were in the Championship - had to spend the night!

28 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

If you can’t watch the game against your biggest rivals and get hyped up then what’s the fucking point. Most on here will struggle to sleep yet one or two will just not bother and let the game pass them by and wait for highlights 

As much as I usually only enjoy these games if we win, I just cannot imagine not watching it unless for some reason you could not be near a TV, working etc. Being at Ibrox when things are normal is a great experience especially when we win. :thumbup:

I am certainly not as confident as many on here tonight are, but winning this one would be very sweet that is for sure, make it happen please Rangers. 🤞  🤞

1 minute ago, Bigdave30 said:

I can’t get my head round it mate, it’s like buying a steak pie and only eating the foil tray that it comes in 😂

Auld firm days are the best days, the bevying and the nail biting, love it.

Yes.

I know we made a big thing of not missing it while we were on our way back up, but it does tend to  be the main event - like it or not.

To miss it is depriving yourself of so much of what we’re about!

He's at it again

The Scottish Herald

Neil Lennon saddened by lack of fans as Celtic's home advantage wiped out against Rangers

By Graeme McGarry 

---------------------
Neil Lennon says that captain Scott Brown's influence will be key in today's Old Firm derby.

THE absence of supporters at football matches has no doubt taken some lustre off the season so far, but it will perhaps be this afternoon at Celtic Park where the silence from the stands will be most deafening.

Given the raucous atmosphere which normally accompanies such occasions, the fact that there won’t be 60,000 supporters in place to provide the boisterous backdrop that makes the Old Firm derby so unique saddens Celtic manager Neil Lennon, particularly as it wipes out any home advantage that his team may have been able to enjoy.

And to think, it wasn’t so long ago that debate raged over whether the slashing of the away allocation in the fixture had taken away some of its bite. As it is, it will be up to the barking from the likes of Scott Brown to get the home players going.

“It will be sad but, once the kick-off comes, your focus is on the game itself, just as it always is,” Lennon said.

“But yeah, there will be part of me which thinks: ‘God, this just doesn’t feel right’ but you have to get past that very quickly.

“That’s just the way things have panned out. I still believe that spectators could and should be coming to the matches but that’s the government’s decision to make, not mine.

“I look around Europe and, when Finland played the Republic of Ireland, they had 7,000 in their stadium. Just to have that kind of foothold would be good.

“[Home advantage] will be [diminished]. One of the great things about these games is the atmosphere it generates, the colour, the noise and the intensity. Just that crackle in the air.

“All of that is going to be different, so it’s going to be like no other [Old Firm derby].

“The players are 15 or 16 games in to playing with no supporters, even on international duty.

“Whether you get used to it or not, I think you become more accustomed to it.

“It’s certainly not ideal and it does take away the home advantage, there’s no question about that.

“I worry that we aren’t going to get supporters in. That’s a major concern.”

What has been less of a concern to Lennon this week, possibly due to the four players in his own squad who have either tested positive for Coronavirus or have had to self-isolate, is the media and online chatter this week which has seemed to cast the champions as underdogs for the visit of Rangers.

Lennon says he has heard it all before, and he has also witnessed before how his players have risen to prove their doubters wrong.

“We just carry on as normal,” he said. “Our preparations have been good, as best as we possibly could get them under the circumstances. We only got everyone back as a group [on Friday].

“I take no notice of what people will predict or what they think the outcome will be, because it doesn’t really matter. They don’t know what is going on or how we’ve prepared for the game.

“I’m delighted if they want to write us off, they’ve done that many times before.”

Win or lose today though, Lennon doesn’t buy into the theory that it will have any material impact on the ultimate destination of the Premiership title.

“It’s just about winning the game,” he said. “I think it gives you a psychological lift if you can win the first one, but I don’t think it will have a major bearing on the outcome of the season.

“It’s too early for that. We heard all that chat at the end of December that we were finished blah blah blah. We came out all guns blazing in the second half of the season.

“It’s really difficult to predict how a season is going to go. What I am pleased with is our consistency, the win ratio, the clean sheets. I think there’s more to come from the team and more to come from individuals as well as we go along.

“It’s been quite stop-start the season in terms of games being cancelled and international breaks. So, it’s been difficult to get any sort of momentum going.

‘But we’ve negotiated those circumstances very well of late.”

So, from Lennon refusing to bite on the question of the magnitude of this match, we go back to the bark of his captain.

Today will be Scott Brown’s 40th Old Firm fixture, and rarely can his team’s need for his drive and influence have been greater than this afternoon.

“He’s obviously very important,” Lennon said. “He’s the captain and his experience will be pivotal to us.

“Even as a player, his all-round game is good at the minute. You could see when I left him out at St Johnstone that his influence was missing

“Of course, we’ll have all that back. He knows these games more than most. He’s still a great leader and he likes the big games.”

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/18801433.neil-lennon-saddened-lack-fans-celtics-home-advantage-wiped-rangers/

1 minute ago, HG5 said:

Yes.

I know we made a big thing of not missing it while we were on our way back up, but it does tend to  be the main event - like it or not.

To miss it is depriving yourself of so much of what we’re about!

I never want to miss opportunity to put they tramps back in their box.

For a while there was a genuine gulf in the quality of the squads and it was a hard watch but the games are competitive now and they know it.

3 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

Know the game you’re talking about 😂 were they not all over us and it got called off? 

Yes!

Me & the lad had just got settled into the Days Inn, got the game on BT Sport on the iPhone & we got about 20 minutes!

Was my birthday the day after - woke up in a strange bed 160 miles from home😂

Lunchtime by the time we got home!

2 minutes ago, Bigdave30 said:

I never want to miss opportunity to put they tramps back in their box.

For a while there was a genuine gulf in the quality of the squads and it was a hard watch but the games are competitive now and they know it.

Spot on!

4 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

He's at it again

The Scottish Herald

Neil Lennon saddened by lack of fans as Celtic's home advantage wiped out against Rangers

By Graeme McGarry 

---------------------
Neil Lennon says that captain Scott Brown's influence will be key in today's Old Firm derby.

THE absence of supporters at football matches has no doubt taken some lustre off the season so far, but it will perhaps be this afternoon at Celtic Park where the silence from the stands will be most deafening.

Given the raucous atmosphere which normally accompanies such occasions, the fact that there won’t be 60,000 supporters in place to provide the boisterous backdrop that makes the Old Firm derby so unique saddens Celtic manager Neil Lennon, particularly as it wipes out any home advantage that his team may have been able to enjoy.

And to think, it wasn’t so long ago that debate raged over whether the slashing of the away allocation in the fixture had taken away some of its bite. As it is, it will be up to the barking from the likes of Scott Brown to get the home players going.

“It will be sad but, once the kick-off comes, your focus is on the game itself, just as it always is,” Lennon said.

“But yeah, there will be part of me which thinks: ‘God, this just doesn’t feel right’ but you have to get past that very quickly.

“That’s just the way things have panned out. I still believe that spectators could and should be coming to the matches but that’s the government’s decision to make, not mine.

“I look around Europe and, when Finland played the Republic of Ireland, they had 7,000 in their stadium. Just to have that kind of foothold would be good.

“[Home advantage] will be [diminished]. One of the great things about these games is the atmosphere it generates, the colour, the noise and the intensity. Just that crackle in the air.

“All of that is going to be different, so it’s going to be like no other [Old Firm derby].

“The players are 15 or 16 games in to playing with no supporters, even on international duty.

“Whether you get used to it or not, I think you become more accustomed to it.

“It’s certainly not ideal and it does take away the home advantage, there’s no question about that.

“I worry that we aren’t going to get supporters in. That’s a major concern.”

What has been less of a concern to Lennon this week, possibly due to the four players in his own squad who have either tested positive for Coronavirus or have had to self-isolate, is the media and online chatter this week which has seemed to cast the champions as underdogs for the visit of Rangers.

Lennon says he has heard it all before, and he has also witnessed before how his players have risen to prove their doubters wrong.

“We just carry on as normal,” he said. “Our preparations have been good, as best as we possibly could get them under the circumstances. We only got everyone back as a group [on Friday].

“I take no notice of what people will predict or what they think the outcome will be, because it doesn’t really matter. They don’t know what is going on or how we’ve prepared for the game.

“I’m delighted if they want to write us off, they’ve done that many times before.”

Win or lose today though, Lennon doesn’t buy into the theory that it will have any material impact on the ultimate destination of the Premiership title.

“It’s just about winning the game,” he said. “I think it gives you a psychological lift if you can win the first one, but I don’t think it will have a major bearing on the outcome of the season.

“It’s too early for that. We heard all that chat at the end of December that we were finished blah blah blah. We came out all guns blazing in the second half of the season.

“It’s really difficult to predict how a season is going to go. What I am pleased with is our consistency, the win ratio, the clean sheets. I think there’s more to come from the team and more to come from individuals as well as we go along.

“It’s been quite stop-start the season in terms of games being cancelled and international breaks. So, it’s been difficult to get any sort of momentum going.

‘But we’ve negotiated those circumstances very well of late.”

So, from Lennon refusing to bite on the question of the magnitude of this match, we go back to the bark of his captain.

Today will be Scott Brown’s 40th Old Firm fixture, and rarely can his team’s need for his drive and influence have been greater than this afternoon.

“He’s obviously very important,” Lennon said. “He’s the captain and his experience will be pivotal to us.

“Even as a player, his all-round game is good at the minute. You could see when I left him out at St Johnstone that his influence was missing

“Of course, we’ll have all that back. He knows these games more than most. He’s still a great leader and he likes the big games.”

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/18801433.neil-lennon-saddened-lack-fans-celtics-home-advantage-wiped-rangers/

See tbh who gives a fuck what he says at this stage, or any stage 

56 minutes ago, Bigdave30 said:

Buzzing for the game, looking forward to cracking that first can and shouting at the telly for 90mins.

2-0 to the good guys.

0-2 surely? Nesting mate. 

1-2 Tabs first goal scorer is 70 to 1 with some bookies btw. 

I have butterflies in my stomach already. I'm usually a calm yet cheeky fucker, but the day before a game against the scum is like every school and uni exam rolled into one with a driving test on top of it. Continually thinking of possible variations and complexities towards our winning outcome. 

I love beating them no matter which competition, but tomorrow is way more important than a game to me. It is our opportunity to beat them twice in a row in the league at the piggery. If we manage that it will scare the shit out of them. Their confidence would be shattered.

I think we are a better team. Their squad cost much more than ours, but we have better individual players, a fantastic no surrender team spirit lately (caved in last season though)  and an inspirational footballing icon of a manager.

There will be no lack of confidence from our players tomorrow. We have a squad of players who want to step up and make history. A team who are out to win at all costs.

A team with skill and bottle at long last!!! 

24 minutes ago, Bigdave30 said:

What fucking lunatics are into football and don’t watch the auld firm.

You should be on a special watch list if that’s how you operate.

You make it sound like a partnership.

Might put the radio on.

Archived