***** Official Scum vs Rangers Match Thread *****

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 05/10/2020 at 08:47, eejay the dj said:

I never get the expectations or predictions before an old firm game . I always adopt a wait and see attitude and think we should  never get ahead of ourselves.  

Having been to over 180 of them , I still believe, it does not matter one bit , what you think before the game 

You have been to over 180 Old Firm games??

2 hours ago, Smell the hotdog said:

France only is 7 days isolation so he will be back in time.

Would it not also depend on him passing a second coronavirus test?  If there's any of the virus remaining in the system, he could potentially be unavailable for longer?

Just now, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

Fair do's then.

We went to 4 times a league season in 75-76. Taking away the four years we were away from the top tier and the two games missed last season that’s 158 league games alone.

I think we’ve played them in 15 League and Scottish cup finals since then. Then add in all early round cup games, semi finals, a couple of Glasgow Cup games up until 1985-86, Dryburgh Cup etc...

3 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

We went to 4 times a league season in 75-76. Taking away the four years we were away from the top tier and the two games missed last season that’s 158 league games alone.

I think we’ve played them in 15 League and Scottish cup finals since then. Then add in all early round cup games, semi finals, a couple of Glasgow Cup games up until 1985-86, Dryburgh Cup etc...

Played them 7 times in 10/11.

Will be more surprised if this game ends up being played and not postponed. Still plenty of time for other unwashed fucks to be positive or self isolate. 

The rearranged fixture will be played when they start allowing fans back in or at the latest possible date.

9 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

I’ve been to 16 Old Firms.

Last one was April 2011 when Shagger saved Samaras’ penalty.

I remember that game well.. Was in a van on the motorway coming back from a gig... Radio on but reception was shite.. all I heard was... Penalty for them then nothing... then he steps up...then nothing.....the just crowd going nuts... didnt have a clue what happened for a while :lol: 

24 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Supposedly the 14 day rule doesn't count for international football. Though more clarity is needed for players coming back who have tested positive.

I thought all the measure were in place to prevent players catching the virus. If they have it they should be isolating and quarantining the same as everyone else, and not allowed back into football until after then, and a subsequent negative test.

3 hours ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

Lemon's on record as saying that games must go ahead regardless.

Utterly no reason for this not to go ahead its stupid even discussing it, its a notion that shouldn't be given any credence whatsoever.

Correct!! The Czech rep had to field an entire different squad against Scotland, so celtic can wheel out the youngsters on oct 17th!!

6 hours ago, Hadron Collider said:

Ach cmon mate. You’ll never be finished with the Gers. It’s in your blood no matter what happens. 

Maybe so mate but I'm an unforgiving sort . I can't stand the way our board have been taking it up the arse for years now . If the scum get this game off . And we have nothing to say about it . Then that will be unforgivable for me 

Archived