***** Official Scum vs Rangers Match Thread *****

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never get the expectations or predictions before an old firm game . I always adopt a wait and see attitude and think we should  never get ahead of ourselves.  

Having been to over 180 of them , I still believe, it does not matter one bit , what you think before the game 

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

I never get the expectations or predictions before an old firm game . I always adopt a wait and see attitude and never get ahead of ourselves  

Having been to over 180 of them , I still believe, it does not matter one bit , what you think before the game 

What's the sense in any match thread then mate. Literally every game of football can go either way 

Just now, .Williamson. said:

What's the sense in any match thread then mate. Literally every game of football can go either way 

Of course you are welcome to have your say . I just always think it's better to side on the air of caution , rather than say , " we are going to pump them for example  . It's too easy and you set yourself up for a might bad day if we lose 

18 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I am confident about beating them which has never been a good thing in the past

Last time I felt this confident was first game against them last season when they beat us 2-0 at Ibrox

I was confident but when the team got announced it killed any buzz.

Controversial opinion incoming

Spoiler

I think we will beat them in all honesty but if its a defeat I fear us crumbling again mentally. 

Don't care what anybody says we'd be over the fucking moon if we had an opportunity to go 2 points clear with 2 games in hand this early on. 

The right signings made in the next 12 hours or so will obviously strengthen us going forward but Zungu just fills me with dread. 

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Lots will happen between now and kick off. New signings, players leaving, injuries and returns from injury, late returnees from internationals. Wouldn't be surprised if covid somehow impacts on the fixture / run up to it too.

Confident as things stand, but it'll be late next week before we'll know both teams squads and the nerves kick in.

Wouldn’t surprise me in the least if it’s called off 

14 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Controversial opinion incoming

Hide contents

I think we will beat them in all honesty but if its a defeat I fear us crumbling again mentally. 

Don't care what anybody says we'd be over the fucking moon if we had an opportunity to go 2 points clear with 2 games in hand this early on. 

The right signings made in the next 12 hours or so will obviously strengthen us going forward but Zungu just fills me with dread. 

Don’t know about crumbling mentally but if we lose it’s an absolutely certainty it will still be a 5 point deficit going into the next game at ibrox , or more if your spot on mate , the old they might toil here they might toil there is gone, the leagues terrible 

Hopefully we avoid any injuries with some of our boys away on international duty. 

We will arrive at the piggery top of the pile and i hope we leave it top with 3 points in to the bargain. Weve got the team to go there and do them but anything can happen on old firm day. 

11 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Wouldn’t surprise me in the least if it’s called off 

I really hope this doesn't happen. This talk of a 2 week circuit break starting during the school holidays worries me.

1 hour ago, TheKingObv said:

Why do you expect to pump them?

Really think they’re a poor outfit. Been riding their luck in a number of games, and when they’ve been faced with half decent opposition in Europe they’ve really struggled. 

Think they’ve relied on 3 or 4 last minute (or very very late) winners, and that’s against diddy teams. 

If we can get over our mentality we could give them a scudding. 

Archived