***** Official Scum vs Rangers Match Thread *****

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Don’t forget we have Aribo and Roofe who won’t make it and Borna and Helander are doubts. That’s 4 starters who would of played on Saturday. We will be going there with last seasons team who were miles off it.

Tarriers losing like of Biton and El Hamed aren’t going to weaken them too much.

I’m confident Barisic and helander will make it. Aribo is a miss but we have enough depth to take care of them. Roofe hasn’t even made an impact yet anyway. 

1 hour ago, eskbankloyal said:

right now I’d still take a draw. 

Our record there is horrendous. 5 wins since 2000 at their midden, 36 games all in. 

A behind closed door game will certainly be weird & no idea how players will react. 

What a negative and complacent attitide . One i hope our players don't have tbh

50 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I replied to the absurd part. 

Given where we're at ( them 1 behind with a game in hand though it would have been absurd before mstchday 1 too) its absurd to be stating we need to be points ahead by Christmas. We'll not have played 22 fixtures by then, nor played them at home. So its imbalanced not in our favour at that stage yet you have an expectation we should be points ahead.

Would have more relevance if you'd said 02/01/21  by which time we'll have played all teams home and away. Including them.

To stack the deck against us and still expect us to be ahead would seem over demanding, setting up for negativity even. That would be convenient for some.

Sometimes on this you totally over analyse things. 

We have played the first round of fixtures away. By Christmas we will have got the more favourable route of playing most at home. Then come January to March we’ll mostly be away again. It’s pretty simple in that we have to be top by a few points at Christmas going into a period of away games against most of the top 6 whilst it’s reversed for them. 

11 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

We have played the first round of fixtures away. By Christmas we will have got the more favourable route of playing most at home. Then come January to March we’ll mostly be away again. It’s pretty simple in that we have to be top by a few points at Christmas going into a period of away games against most of the top 6 whilst it’s reversed for them. 

So just ignore 2 home games before matchday 22, Ibrox games we've failed to drop points in so far Just ignore their hardest fixture of the 22. Aye OK. If that suits, sounds objective.

Its pretty simple that fairly and objectively we don't want to be behind by matchday 22.

Edit. And if by over analyse things you mean I'm aware our final away fixture of round 2 is after Xmas I'd agree.

5 minutes ago, pollok-bear said:

I dont think I have ever went into a game against the beasts saying I would take a draw.

I swear i wouldn't have got 5/6 likes for posting that . Unreal . We will not win this league settling for draws against the scum . And it has to be said . Our shocking record is hardly going to improve with that kind of attitude .

A better one would be . When is the last time we won 2 games in a row at bheastvile . We should be going all out to win 2 and then 3 in a row there . Without fear 

13 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Sometimes :lol:

8 minutes ago, pollok-bear said:

I dont think I have ever went into a game against the beasts saying I would take a draw.

Staunch, but there’s been plenty times that majority would have been happy with a point. 

This isn’t one of them though. We need a win if we want this title IMO.

1 hour ago, eskbankloyal said:

Usually that’s the case, but this season with the rest of the league being so poor if one team can get 2 wins & 2 draws or even 2 wins, a draw & a defeat from the OF games might well be enough 

I get what you are saying mate but the league is won by the team with the most points, doesn't matter how you get them. We could end up seeing less than 4 old firms again this season.

8 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Staunch, but there’s been plenty times that majority would have been happy with a point. 

This isn’t one of them though. We need a win if we want this title IMO.

Mate what a mean is before a game against the taigs I dont think about taking a point but after the game if it is a draw i would go uck well it's not the worse result.

1 minute ago, pollok-bear said:

Mate what a mean is before a game against the taigs I dont think about taking a point but after the game if it is a draw i would go uck well it's not the worse result.

Tbh I fancy us to win and I think we will, but coming away with a draw from Celtic park is never a bad result. Especially at this stage of the season.

If we lost the Old Firm we could potentially be 5pts behind once Celtic play their game in hand.  The minimum we need is a draw, but we should be going there to win.  I think we will win TBH.  We’re a better team than Celtic.

19 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

I swear i wouldn't have got 5/6 likes for posting that . Unreal . We will not win this league settling for draws against the scum . And it has to be said . Our shocking record is hardly going to improve with that kind of attitude .

A better one would be . When is the last time we won 2 games in a row at bheastvile . We should be going all out to win 2 and then 3 in a row there . Without fear 

You are absolutely obsessed with other people getting likes :lol: you even think there is a conspiracy on here to keep your 'reputation' down

15 minutes ago, TMB said:

I can’t wait until we beat them and Chris Sutton labels Rangers an embarrassment for having the temerity to celebrate the win.

and wee carrot dick Stewart on BBC greetin the throw we won 40 phases of play before our winning goal shouldn't have been given

Archived