***** Official Scum vs Rangers Match Thread *****

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Ladytonbear said:

Haven't been this confident in a long time going into a game with them. Watched their game yesterday and they are really poor - we have nothing to fear.

Last time I was really confident we were gonnae do them the came to ibrox won 2-0 and we were honking.  So I learned my lesson.  You just don’t know what’s going to happen in these games.

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

Last time I was really confident we were gonnae do them the came to ibrox won 2-0 and we were honking.  So I learned my lesson.  You just don’t know what’s going to happen in these games.

Think most of us were,..... until the team line up was announced.

I take it international players don’t need to quarantine on their way back?

I get the teams are allowed to travel due to bubbles and testing etc but obviously someone like Morelos will be like a normal passenger flying home with connecting flights.

How does that work?

Always forget just how much I hate these international breaks. Two weeks with nothing in the papers but former players debating how to fit Robertson and Tierney into the side, culminating in ninety minutes of the most boring football you'll ever see. 

8 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Think most of us were,..... until the team line up was announced.

They were struggling coming into that game and we set up to contain them.

Shocking team selection when gerrard already had a setup that beat them before.

17 hours ago, MrMckee said:

Watched them a couple times this season and think we have the better team now. I think the fact we haven't won a trophy in so long is a real monkey on our backs. Once we win the first trophy I'm confident we will go on and dominate for a few years. Our teams on the up and still think theirs is on the decline.

17 hours ago, TheFamousPigeon said:

The pendulum is swinging.

21 hours ago, MattyBlue said:

I see no reason we can’t give them a good tanking, 4 or 5 - 1 I’m thinking. Morelos will score one

Why do people come out with this pish honest tae fuck

26 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Have that worrying feeling the game.wont go ahead.

Think the only thing that would prevent it is a mass outbreak in positive tests as a result of the international games. Seems mad playing these as you are far more likely to pass on the virus as people are coming from all areas.

1 minute ago, M0NTANA said:

Think the only thing that would prevent it is a mass outbreak in positive tests as a result of the international games. Seems mad playing these as you are far more likely to pass on the virus as people are coming from all areas.

We are likely going into the circuit breaker lockdown and they would say the old firm could bring mass gatherings. That's the angle that worries me 

If we lose this Old Firm we could potentially go 5 points behind in the title race once Celtic play their game in hand.  We can’t have that.  We NEED to take something from this game in my opinion.  We can’t give them a points cushion because it takes all pressure off them.  If we beat them their fans will turn on Lennon, and he might even turn in his players like he did after Fernchvaros.

2 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

We are likely going into the circuit breaker lockdown and they would say the old firm could bring mass gatherings. That's the angle that worries me 

Can't see it being postponed as a result of lockdown as this is a measure of last resort and if they were to implement would rather it be right in the worst of the winter. We could see a rise in cases forcing the game be called off through lack of players like Kilmarnock. It'll be a complete shitter if the likes of Morelos/Helander etc came back and were forced to isolate and miss the game. Which is a real possibility right now.

19 minutes ago, BearInTheToon said:

I can see the game being pulled by Holyrood to be honest. Wouldn’t be surprised if the taigs are quietly lobbying in the background for that to happen, too.

Don't see why they would tbh? If they win the go top with a game in hand, pressure is more on us imo.

48 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I’d take a draw right now as next run of fixtures they’re away to Sheep, Hibs and us.

No mate .I think that’s wrong .We have to win the games against them .These other clubs won’t perform against them .We simply have to beat them 3 out of the 4 at worst .That is way I see it .That may give up some margin for error in other games 

58 minutes ago, tm91 said:

I've gone into games as confident as can be and saw us get fucked. I've gone into games shitting it only to see us beat them comfortably. 

I do think we can beat them, but honestly I expect a draw. That said, I do have a feeling being without fans in that environment will favour us far more than them.

Fully agree.

Lennon already came out and said they are struggling without having their support behind them.

The desperation to postpone the game as late as possible wasn't just for financial reasons either imo.

If we're at it from the start I think we'll win as we're much more capable of playing the better football. Always be that worry but we start sluggish. 

Archived