***** Official Scum vs Rangers Match Thread *****

17 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Not gonna lie. We're good enough to beat this mob on Saturday but things seemingly going so much in our favour in the run up to it gives me the fear. 

Couldn't agree more mate, they have more than enough in reserve to field a decent team, all this talk about us beating them by three goals etc could end up with us getting the big riddy! Here's hoping that we do the business anyway.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I just keep thinking back to the NY game in 97 to keep me grounded. We had quite a few players out with flu and half the team showing symptoms, no Gough, or Laudrup. We were dead on our feet and we still beat them 3-1.

I've seen Anton fucking Rogan play against us and we've lost. Attitude is huge, sometimes more important than ability. I'm not even doubting we'll be up for it, its more im waiting for something to happen before the game that does our legs, be it covid, injuries, postponement, or something.

16 minutes ago, Teamgers said:

Couldn't agree more mate, they have more than enough in reserve to field a decent team, all this talk about us beating them by three goals etc could end up with us getting the big riddy! Here's hoping that we do the business anyway.

I try to be objective and whilst a defeat is huge, in terms of points until Jan when we've played everyone home and away its difficult to get a true assessment on where we're at.

But if so much is in our favour and we don't pick up any points its the body blow to confidence I'm as worried about as the dropped points tbh.

Everyone is convinced what way we are going to play and what team we will field. I’m sensing a curveball here now. 

Mcgregor 

Tav Goldson Helander Barisic 

Davis Kamara 

Hagi Aribo Kent 

Roofe 

If I remember correctly we threw in Kent after 7 weeks out in the new year game and he tore them to shreds and it took everyone by surprise that he even started. I think there’s potential for Aribo and Roofe to be thrown in. 

49 minutes ago, ChampionsAgain said:

Everyone is convinced what way we are going to play and what team we will field. I’m sensing a curveball here now. 

Mcgregor 

Tav Goldson Helander Barisic 

Davis Kamara 

Hagi Aribo Kent 

Roofe 

If I remember correctly we threw in Kent after 7 weeks out in the new year game and he tore them to shreds and it took everyone by surprise that he even started. I think there’s potential for Aribo and Roofe to be thrown in. 

Jackamara is an absolute certainty IMO. 

I think Itten will be the surprise inclusion.

52 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Jackamara is an absolute certainty IMO. 

I think Itten will be the surprise inclusion.

On form I don’t think Jack deserves to be in the team, but saying that we’ve dominated the last few old firms with the same midfield so it’s a difficult one. 

36 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I’d imagine the only spot up for grabs is the right forward one.

Hagi/Jones/Barker?

i have a nagging concern that he might put Jack into midfield and Bump Arfield up to that position.

Definitely don't want Barker starting, heart of a mouse and we don't need that for this game, Arfield obviously wouldn't be my first choice in that position but he's ahead of Barker for me.

14 minutes ago, Swally said:

Definitely don't want Barker starting, heart of a mouse and we don't need that for this game, Arfield obviously wouldn't be my first choice in that position but he's ahead of Barker for me.

No crowd so barker could probably go out and have the game of his life 

Just now, TamCoopz said:

No crowd so barker could probably go out and have the game of his life 

Disagree mate, it's still a big pressure game. I agree it will be far less pressure than a normal old firm but for me he has to prove it in more less critical games a bit more before starting in this type of game.

Sods law he'll start and be the best player on the pitch noo :lol:

I had a dream last night that we were winning 1 nil (Hagi scored) and on the 72nd minute, Morelos was clean through on an open goal and he hit the bar from 6 yards out. He then got a second yellow for going absolutely mental.

Fuck knows if we went on to win because i woke up, but i don't think i could cope with that scenario tbh. 

Archived