***** Official Scum vs Rangers Match Thread *****

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Cynical but effective. Forwards less likely to get booked in the opposition half than defenders in their own half.

Exactly what I was going to say ,Morelos would get away with 2 fouls if he was lucky before a card though .

8 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Reckon it was at Ibrox 2012 ,3 2 game ,the one Wallace scored with the iconic celebration .

Crazy that I forgot about that. Sone Aluko was at his brilliant best in that game. Vastly underrated player for the short time he was here. I realise he had a pretty non-eventful career afterwards but I loved how direct he was. He looked a nightmare to defend against.

2 hours ago, Iakona said:

Not sure why anyone thinks celtic are going to play defensively... They'll go with a high press to try and keep Tav and Barasic back whilst not allowing our midfielders time to play.

Our front 3 will be pivotal... There will be a lot of space to exploit on the counter so I have a feeling Gerrard will drop Hagi for Jones or Barker. 

The scum played defensively in the 2-0 game at Ibrox .They probably would try it again but it won’t be Saturday 

4 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Crazy that I forgot about that. Sone Aluko was at his brilliant best in that game. Vastly underrated player for the short time he was here. I realise he had a pretty non-eventful career afterwards but I loved how direct he was. He looked a nightmare to defend against.

Then the miller double 4-2 game, also the 4-2 game at ibrox pre admin, plus the 3-0 rout that cousin put on of them in hospital, we dick scudded them 5-1, 3-0 at parkhead as well, advocaat pumped them 4-0 at ibrox as well

4 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Then the miller double 4-2 game, also the 4-2 game at ibrox pre admin, plus the 3-0 rout that cousin put on of them in hospital, we dick scudded them 5-1, 3-0 at parkhead as well, advocaat pumped them 4-0 at ibrox as well

Great days. Surely we’re overdue giving them a hounding. 

1 hour ago, They Gnu said:

Went to Cardiff v Man City and that’s where I first noticed how good/cynically they worked it. All the fouls they gave away were deep in the Cardiff half, stopped them building up attacks. Don’t get me wrong Man City played them off the park but fouling early was definitely part of their strategy.

I'm sure I read somewhere that it was Mikel Arteta who put that into place at City.

3 hours ago, Iakona said:

Not sure why anyone thinks celtic are going to play defensively... They'll go with a high press to try and keep Tav and Barasic back whilst not allowing our midfielders time to play.

Our front 3 will be pivotal... There will be a lot of space to exploit on the counter so I have a feeling Gerrard will drop Hagi for Jones or Barker. 

Please no to Barker. I could see the logic with Jones but it has to be Hagi from the start.

These games are built on what midfield turns up or is stronger and Hagi coming inside gives us 4 in the centre of the park up against their three which includes an older scott brown along with the natural width Tav offers us it could be effective.

Hagi also doesn't really need to get involved in the donkey work that any 3 of Davis, Arfield, Kamara or Jack would have to do.

2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Duffy not the one with covid then. Actually happy he's going to play.

Morelos played a total of around 80 minutes. Travelling the main issue, but considering the match finished around 16 hours before some nations league matches kick off tonight then he should be back tomorrow and ready for Saturday!

I have a bad feeling morelos will test positive or be a close contact with a positive test from int duty

58 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Im pretty sure there was a video analysis and it was employed much more than I realised. 

The super slo mo analysis only ever gets used against us .The ones with the big white circles and stills used  from every angle 

The close ups always seem to baw hair close strangely enough .And every excuse is used to find us guilty or fuck us over 

Archived