***** Official Scum vs Rangers Match Thread *****

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kamara is brilliant to watch in these international games.   

Cruises through 90 mins & another great game tonight against the republicans.  

Funny as fuk watching him stroll about like it’s a game of fives & the mad tarriers getting all hot & bothered.  

7 minutes ago, glasgow argyle said:

Just read on Facebook the gallant pioneer in Blackpool has decided to close on Saturday 

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT 

We The Management at The Gallant Pioneer have made the decision NOT to open this weekend.  

Believe us this has not been an easy decision as we live for days like Saturday and was part of the reason in opening the pub 6 and half years ago but we feel it is the correct decision with everything taken into account.

With the sheer amount of people wanting to come down from Scotland for the Rangers match on Saturday, the press up there lifting our post last week has highlighted us to even more to people wanting to come to the pub, this has now turned into a media circus today with us being contacted from various media outlets for interviews, comments, questions etc (some of them will be in attendance on Saturday and we know how the Scottish media love a negative story about Rangers and the last thing we would ever want to do is damage the name of our great club) 
Then we have the First Minister of Scotland advising everyone not to travel to Blackpool which has lead to another barrage of messages of people planning to do the exact opposite of what she has said.  

I am not exaggerating when I say we have had requests for over 1500 people for our wee pub since last week. 

Also with the new restrictions that people MUST be from the same household we feel it is impossible for us to police this weekend with so many strangers in groups coming to Blackpool which then puts our Staff and Customers safety at risk which is paramount importance to us and also the pubs future at risk with the position of being closed down and fined £10,000 when the Council, Police, Covid Enforcement Officers come in and anyone has given false information when signing in.

We have worked hard to have all measures in place and have complied with everything that has been asked of us since re-opening on 4th July but feel It’s just not worth the putting the business at risk for us after the year we have had. 

The Management 
The Gallant Pioneer 🇬🇧

https://www.facebook.com/1424176431182822/posts/2686314358302350/

1 minute ago, British_Empire said:

Responsible of them and a fair enough call they’re entitled to make but that patter about the good name of the club (in relation to all this) is a nauseating sound byte.

I disagree as the club would be drawn in as would our fans 

3 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I know they would but so what? We are so fucking terrified of the media and the court of (perceived) public opinion its a constant source of embarrassment 

I don’t need to tell you this but reputation these days is massive on the business front and with those cunts in power in seemingly all places,  it doesn’t take them much to spin stories about us with all the usual suspects putting the boot in

Archived