***** Official Scum vs Rangers Match Thread *****

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

Continues  to prove my point .

Rude , ignorant ............? Just sad really

WTFA you on about? You pop in here on OF weekend and post nonsense? Why? Post a picture of you in a Rangers top with a shoe on your head or no deal. Cant be fucked with these crackpots in the build up ffs admin!

1 hour ago, southcoastbear said:

Saves him getting himself into trouble in the centre

A 5'9 centre forward up against 3 centre backs on his own? this way we got two strikers in there, Buff might do well off Itten's flick ons . Remember these lads are supposed to be strikers our width comes from the wing backs 

And Morelos was a left winger when he arrived at Rangers, could wee Buff be our own version of Sadio Manė

Itten also gives us additional  height against their set peice, probs their best chance of scoring

He wouldn't be on his own though. He would be giving a free reign like he is every game to drop deeper, move out wide and go in behind which are all options that will be needed on Saturday. 

Alongside him a lot of us are hoping that Hagi, Kent & Arfield will be behind him and their movement, along with Morelos, up against celtic's 3 will stretch them. With Hagi or Kent moving inside it gives us an extra man in midfield which will leave their centre halfs with a decision to make: go with Morelos and Kent or come out to get Hagi or Arfield which if it's the latter leaves Morelos and Kent in 1v1 situations where the centre halfs could be on the half turn or trying to get out wide.

If Kent stays wider, or even Hagi, it could also mean a double up down the wings which again might drag out a celtic centre half.

I think if he plays Morelos and Itten it makes it easier for celtic who to man mark and who is the spare man.

3 minutes ago, badjon said:

WTFA you on about? You pop in here on OF weekend and post nonsense? Why? Post a picture of you in a Rangers top with a shoe on your head or no deal. Cant be fucked with these crackpots in the build up ffs admin!

Lol, like why would I feel the need to prove anything to a rude , obnoxious  loser   who behaves like a prepubescent teenager who really needs to get himself a woman 

6 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

Lol, like why would I feel the need to prove anything to a rude , obnoxious  loser   who behaves like a prepubescent teenager who really needs to get himself a woman 

You are an odd bloke. I am 41 and have a long term partner as most know yet you are the one chucking insults around? Guess that's why I am in Chiswick and you are in your mum's basement. Why are you on this board?

1 minute ago, SIRB_72 said:

He wouldn't be on his own though. He would be giving a free reign like he is every game to drop deeper, move out wide and go in behind which are all options that will be needed on Saturday. 

Alongside him a lot of us are hoping that Hagi, Kent & Arfield will be behind him and their movement, along with Morelos, up against celtic's 3 will stretch them. With Hagi or Kent moving inside it gives us an extra man in midfield which will leave their centre halfs with a decision to make: go with Morelos and Kent or come out to get Hagi or Arfield which if it's the latter leaves Morelos and Kent in 1v1 situations where the centre halfs could be on the half turn or trying to get out wide.

If Kent stays wider, or even Hagi, it could also mean a double up down the wings which again might drag out a celtic centre half.

I think if he plays Morelos and Itten it makes it easier for celtic who to man mark and who is the spare man.

Definitely seen that work before but was just no convinced Morelos on his own up against 3 defenders on his own is really going to produce much and will they no be expecting  just this. but just different ways of looking at things I suppose.

Hagi is great in  Europe but no sure he is up to the physicality of a game against the scrum yet, may be a bit anonymous 

4 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

Definitely seen that work before but was just no convinced Morelos on his own up against 3 defenders on his own is really going to produce much and will they no be expecting  just this. but just different ways of looking at things I suppose.

Hagi is great in  Europe but no sure he is up to the physicality of a game against the scrum yet, may be a bit anonymous 

You make no sense as there is more room against them than any other teams as we both in most games open up. I could be misunderstanding and realise you are less than 12 years old. Physicality is not an issue he's adapted get over it. Seriously hope you are found out or banned before Saturday as you post some amount of crap. Where are you based anyway as I could verify you if you showed up, social distancing of course. 

6 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

The way I look at it is that it's really hard to sit in with how celtic play a back 3. It's intended to get goals up the other end but have extra security at the back. If they want to do what they did at Ibrox last season with 3 cbs they'll be in for a hard time I think.

The comparison I'll make for Hagi is Aribo's performances against celtic last December x2 from the right. After playing them he was seen as a shitebag and not up for that side of it and the manager realised it, moved him to starting on the right and it worked and not just against celtic.

You let Hagi drift in and out giving space to Tav when needed and being the 4th man in the centre means he is free and really doesn't have to do the work that Davis/Kamara/Arfield/Jack will centrally.

Also I dont think Hagi is as soft as we think. I don't expect him to be getting involved in 50/50s but part of his game is winning fouls and being a distraction. If celtic look to kick him out the game it leaves plenty of space for Kent who they are shit scared of:lol:

11 minutes ago, badjon said:

You make no sense as there is more room against them than any other teams as we both in most games open up. I could be misunderstanding and realise you are less than 12 years old. Physicality is not an issue he's adapted get over it. Seriously hope you are found out or banned before Saturday as you post some amount of crap. Where are you based anyway as I could verify you if you showed up, social distancing of course. 

Lol , with your attitude why would I meet up with you and I've managed chatting on here for several years without being so called verified lol.

6 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

The way I look at it is that it's really hard to sit in with how celtic play a back 3. It's intended to get goals up the other end but have extra security at the back. If they want to do what they did at Ibrox last season with 3 cbs they'll be in for a hard time I think.

The comparison I'll make for Hagi is Aribo's performances against celtic last December x2 from the right. After playing them he was seen as a shitebag and not up for that side of it and the manager realised it, moved him to starting on the right and it worked and not just against celtic.

You let Hagi drift in and out giving space to Tav when needed and being the 4th man in the centre means he is free and really doesn't have to do the work that Davis/Kamara/Arfield/Jack will centrally.

Also I dont think Hagi is as soft as we think. I don't expect him to be getting involved in 50/50s but part of his game is winning fouls and being a distraction. If celtic look to kick him out the game it leaves plenty of space for Kent who they are shit scared of:lol:

Deffo agree they are well scared of Kent , as for Hagi I still think I'd prefer to see him off the bench and start Itten although I can definitely  see the gaffer being more in line with your thinking than mine 

8 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

Lol , with your attitude why would I meet up with you and I've managed chatting on here for several years without being so called verified lol.

Why then have you now posted numerous times in this thread but have not posted for years before? You are an absolute joke if you suddenly enter an OF pre match thread and give up nonsense such as you do. As I said post a ticket or shirt or what not that's not a big ask? Or is it?

@Sparkle

3 hours ago, badjon said:

Send yur butler around to his house to kick his head in whilst screaming "Chiswick Loyal ya bam!". Only way to deal with these lower classes.

Nerves have well and truly kicked in now, Gerrard must keep it simple and stick with the same side that beat Galatasaray, don't fanny about and try to surprise them by moving Arfield up to accommodate Ryan Jack of all people, we're good enough to beat them as things stand currently. 

Hope Roofe and Aribo are back fully fit and available from the bench, we've got plenty of flair moving forward to cause them problems, if our midfield can get a grip on the game like we did back in December things will take care of themselves. 

BC7xyBuCcAA4Cgq.jpg.d9a25120619000a54f346b2474e4dc82.jpg

Big thing for me, we're 24-hours before the game now and there's no suggestion we've anyone out (with the exception of maybe Morelos, but that's been well-documented for a couple of weeks now that he's probably just landed and may or may not be too tired).

The past week when they've been dropping like flies, a part of me has expected to see headlines creeping up about Barisic, Helander, Arfield etc.

Can't see Gerrard leaving out Jack tbh, I want Hagi to start but can't fit him in my line up unless Davis is not a starter but I think we need him as he can be a big influence in these games. 

Once we have Aribo back fit it will be a headache for Gerrard who he picks which is a nice problem to have. 

40 minutes ago, pollok-bear said:

They bastards still trying to get that wee poof Christie to play. What part of 14 day isolation do they not understand.

They clearly don't think that normal rules apply to them. Can see where they get it from because the mutant cunts certainly aren't normal. 

The fact that they are so desperate to get Christie back ishows that they are shitting it. Hope we hump them tomorrow and that wee Kent rips them apart whilst showboating. 

Team picks itself tbh. Usual back 5, davis Jack and kamara in midfield. Arfield morelos and Kent upfront.

Should be more than enough for a victory.

My only concern is morelos, out of form just back from Colombia and let's face it his old firm record is unacceptable. Needs to be clinical tomorrow.

4 hours ago, badjon said:

15 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Not manage to get verified mate? 

He should try that mate 

1 hour ago, British_Empire said:

Big thing for me, we're 24-hours before the game now and there's no suggestion we've anyone out (with the exception of maybe Morelos, but that's been well-documented for a couple of weeks now that he's probably just landed and may or may not be too tired).

The past week when they've been dropping like flies, a part of me has expected to see headlines creeping up about Barisic, Helander, Arfield etc.

He arrived home yesterday. 

Archived