Big Jock Wallace

Unionblue

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Told this story before he's probably the only Rangers manager to ever allow the 3 trophies he won in his 2nd spell to be carried down Edmiston Drive on the Sunday after lifting the cup to the wee Rangers club for us fans to appreciate.

13 hours ago, real boydie9 said:

The big man was class. Took no prisoners, as you can see in this clip 😊

You'll never get managers like that again, the modern player would go down like a sack of tatties at the sound of his voice.

I was at pittodrie for the game when big jock came back to Rangers. I recount very little about the game itself, other than boys getting flung out the ground for putting scarves on the centre spot prior to ko, and being offered the princely sum of £15 ( 3x face value) for my ticket prior to the game. Fond memories, right enough. 

Wish i got to see him manage us.

Smith was in charge when I was born but don't remember much of it. Maybe the last couple years but I was still just a kid. Advocaat's Rangers was the one I remember most. 

Seems like some guy. From what I've seen of him I wish we had a manager like him. Can tell he would've fucking swung for today's players when they weren't giving their all for this club.

Met Stuart Munro's ex girlfriend on holiday a good few years ago with her husband. She said Big Jock gave Munro a choice, her or Rangers.  Why? She said she went to pick Munro up at the airport after some pre season trip.  Jock called him in a few days later and pointed out something he'd spotted around her neck at the airport.  

Her or us son?

Probably bullshit but that's all I got! :lol: 

Archived